Secret Santa on AVN! - Are You Still Waiting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamirum

Assyrian Voice Network's Secret Santa
Christmas 2006

Hey, I was thinking this might be a good idea because some of us have already sent letters to one another, even birthday gifts, and in some cases, presents for no reason!

So, how about we do "Secret Santa" right here?  :)

This is how it should work (below).

You sign up if and only if:

1. You accept that this process is random, and you won?t be able to decide to whom your present will be sent. As well, reservations about giving out your home or mailing address would be a reason not to join.

2. You don't mind shipping a small present to another AVNer!

3. We all decide (with a poll probably) our spending limit. For most workplaces it's $20, when families do it it's around $50-100, but for here we might want to keep it even lower because we'll be paying for shipping as well.

4. No inappropriate gifts!

5. Renee and I will organize and randomly assign the member to whom you shall send the present. You will NOT know who is sending yours; it?s a secret!

Let me and/or Renee know if you are interested and we?ll have your assignment ready by the end of this week if we can have at least ten people join.

I?m so excited, are you?  :lol:

FINAL LIST

AVN Secret Santa Members:

shamirum ♦
Ashuriena ♦
ninous26 ♦
Renee ♦
JooJee - :(
Phiruel - ♦*
atourina ♦
assyrianlovely ♦
Shami ♦
ASHOOR ♦
Valantina ♦
shamoosey ♦
thirstyninos ♦
R O B I N - :(
Lovemoon ♦
Doooshaaa ♦
Assy Gal ♦
Assyrian_SweetHeart ♦
Senalko
Nat927 - ♦
mechwarrior ♦
Nebu ♦
GodismyJudge ♦
Cookie - ?
Tashi - ?
L33tKevin ♦
Salem ♦

I'm down! That sounds like so much fun! I was thinking about doing something like that, but like raffle status and me sending them something out of the blue. I still want to do that, but I suck at organizing things. Hahahaha!

Ok, were doing this on another forum but I was too late... Im in on this one, but please don't lay the smack down by giving me someone out of north america where the shipping is up the a$$, and then u gotta pay for customs and crap.

shamirum said:
Assyrian Voice Network's Secret Santa

Christmas 2006

Hey, I was thinking this might be a good idea because some of us have already sent letters to one another, even birthday gifts, and in some cases, presents for no reason!

So, how about we do "Secret Santa" right here?? :)

This is how it should work (below).

You sign up if and only if:

1. You accept that this process is random, and you won?t be able to decide to whom your present will be sent. As well, reservations about giving out your home or mailing address would be a reason not to join.

2. You don't mind shipping a small present to another AVNer!

3. We all decide (with a poll probably) our spending limit. For most workplaces it's $20, when families do it it's around $50-100, but for here we might want to keep it even lower because we'll be paying for shipping as well.

4. No inappropriate gifts!

5. Renee and I will organize and randomly assign the member to whom you shall send the present. You will NOT know who is sending yours; it?s a secret!

Let me and/or Renee know if you are interested and we?ll have your assignment ready by the end of this week if we can have at least ten people join.

I?m so excited, are you?? :lol:

I'm in and I quoted it so Miss Perfectionist couldn't change it

loooooooool @ shipping...give me someone from oz land!  :) that way il personally give it to them  :shades:

im kidding ...

sounds like a good idea!

We have five or six people in about an hour (including myself and Renee of course, and if JooJee is solid, lol). Yay!!! :jump:

I wonder how many more we'll get by the end of the week, la? Most of the States crew hasn't even seen this...  :lol:

shamirum said:
We have five or six people in about an hour (including myself and Renee of course, and if JooJee is solid, lol). Yay!!! :jump:

I wonder how many more we'll get by the end of the week, la? Most of the States crew hasn't even seen this...? :lol:

LOL, I should count from the eastern time... I am currently suffering from insomnia and can't sleep at all.

Khayee, I am part of the crew, too, lol, and I'm an insomniac as well.

Jhareh akhnan! This four hours of sleep a night thing is not cutting it anymore...  :blink:

im in

but this time.. can you PLEASE pick someone for me that'll actually make the effort.... my penpal STILL hasnt written me  :ranting:

Great idea, and coincidentally enough, Ashuriena already emailed me something similar to this yesterday (ashy, I will reply to you later here at work when I get some time sweety)

Great idea (even though I am yet to go into all the details)

Here is one suggestion: each member will get, or be assigned another random active AVNer to exchange cards, gifts or whatever else with.

ASHOOR

I am IN too  :mrgreen:

but which address should i be giving out hahaha  :giggle:

I will be in SYD next week - so i will give people my parents address
  :blush2:

ASHOOR said:
Great idea, and coincidentally enough, Ashuriena already emailed me something similar to this yesterday (ashy, I will reply to you later here at work when I get some time sweety)

Great idea (even though I am yet to go into all the details)

Here is one suggestion: each member will get, or be assigned another random active AVNer to exchange cards, gifts or whatever else with.

ASHOOR

wasnt that already the plan...

i was planning on sending out christmas cards to everyone i liked.. which would cost me up the ass... i already told Vivian about it.. but now that this idea has came up.. i'll just stick with it :)

Let's put it this way, no one will be forced to take part so I guess if they really can't afford it then they don't have to join up...Come on Shamoosey...you're worth it  :bigarmhug:

oh sorry, i didnt read things into details.

how about those who want to be part of this, post their names here, and then someonen will match and pair us together.

ASHOOR

u can give me someone from australia or europe.. i dont care.. its not like im gonna buy a $100 gift anyways... the shipping with probably be more expensive.. but it'll be worth it

It's just a nice guesture...i've shipped a pretty heavy package to North America before and it wasn't THAT much to ship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back