• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Rogation of Ninevites start Jan 18-20

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
The Rogation of Ninevites (Baotha d'Nivwaye) starts Monday Jan 18 through Jan 20.

No meat or dairy product for 3 days. And no food or water at all until 12 pm every day.

God bless your fasting. You can be proud knowing that this is a fast with an Assyrian origin.

Here is Assyrian bishop Mar Awa Royel explaining the meaning of this Rogation

http://youtu.be/4Ysoup40xAU

ASHOOR

mrzurnaci

Domanic said:
feels like Christian Ramadan for me, I remember doing this.
Personally, I call it The foreshadowing of Christianity in Assyria.

Notice that the rogation is 3 days which was foreshadowing for the days of Jesus' ascension to heaven.

And the fact that it was Assyrians who did the fasting made it even more mind blowingly crazy for me lol

mrzurnaci

Etain said:
I will never understand Catholic or Orthodox practices.
this aint catholic or orthodox. This fasting is purely Assyrian :)

I've never heard of any other Christian denomination that does the Rogation of the Ninevites

Googoo

mrzurnaci said:
this aint catholic or orthodox. This fasting is purely Assyrian :)

I've never heard of any other Christian denomination that does the Rogation of the Ninevites
My catholic grandmother used to fast (without eating meat and dairy) at around this time of the year btw - from what I recall. It's weird, I never asked her about it though so I don't know if it was a Christian catholic thing or, Portuguese.