• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Riza

GGBW

Exactly how I make it, except I only use half a cup more water, not one and a half cups more.

Bak - I use oil like Salem, but when the rice is finished, I put a couple pats of butter on top of the rice and close the qosarta, letting it melt in.  Mmmmmmmm.

I love to cook my rice favorable with chicken/beef bouillon with fresh ground garlic cook before adding the water in the pot. I also add 1 cinnamon stick, crushed whole green cardamom, just make sure you don't crush all the way and put maybe about 5 or 6 in the boiling water. About 4 or 5 whole cloves but don't over do the cloves. This is for yellow and biryani rice, or some time red rice.

Keep in mind, remove the spices. Once the rice is cook, all the cardamom, cloves, and stick cinnamon should rise to the top. Remove them and then mix the rice gently. I like Basmati or Jasmine or mix half and half.