• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Riza

Salem

OK, this is how I cook riza, it's bloody good, even if I say so myself.

Ingredients: Rice, boiled water, veggie oil, salt.

1- Pour a bit of oil in the qosarta while heating it for a couple of mins. I usually put the temp. on 7 (out of 9).
2- Throw the riza in there (for example 3 cups of rice) and let it's butt fry a bit, then mix it so that it doesn't burn, and keep doing that for 1-2 mins.
3- Pour 150% of the number of rice cups you're cooking, so in our example, 4.5 cups of boiled water are poured into it.
4- Keep the temp. to full or near full for a few mins until the water is almost fully absored by the rice.
5- Add salt (depends on how salty you want it) and mix.
6- Turn the temp. down to 1 or 2 and let it cook slowly for 30-45 mins, maybe even 60 mins if you're not in a rush.

and you're done.

baklawa

Oh wow, an Assyrian man who cooks!!

That looks good Salem, but I use a ton of butter instead of the veggie oil  :mrgreen:

Lovemoon

Salem said:

1- Pour a bit of oil in the qosarta while heating it for a couple of mins. I usually put the temp. on 7 (out of 9).
2- Throw the riza in there (for example 3 cups of rice) and let it's butt fry a bit, then mix it so that it doesn't burn, and keep doing that for 1-2 mins.
3- Pour 150% of the number of rice cups you're cooking, so in our example, 4.5 cups of boiled water are poured into it.
4- Keep the temp. to full or near full for a few mins until the water is almost fully absored by the rice.
6- Turn the temp. down to 1 or 2 and let it cook slowly for 30-45 mins, maybe even 60 mins if you're not in a rush.

and you're done.
That's the way how I cook the rice exept I add salt when I add water so the number 5 is first and then number 4, you don't want ur riza to be half salty o half pakhaa <-- just like u lol

and then

Salem

baklawa said:
Oh wow, an Assyrian man who cooks!!

That looks good Salem, but I use a ton of butter instead of the veggie oil  :mrgreen:
LOL, it's only riza (white, red, and with chicken) and pasta, plus a few combinations of egg, bacon, tomatoes, etc for breakie. Aside from the weekend breakie, I cook once in a blue moon, so I'm still your typical Assyrian man in that sense.

I don't like oily food, thats why I just put a little bit of oil

Lovemoon said:
That's the way how I cook the rice exept I add salt when I add water so the number 5 is first and then number 4, you don't want ur riza to be half salty o half pakhaa <-- just like u lol
Homzimla faylasoofet zamano, I generally dont put any salt, my parents have high blood pressure, so I let the person add the salt they need.

So what else do you cook khalti? ee bashlat mindi baseema? Yin magwilana d'libba makhdyakh?  :mrgreen:

assyrian_dude

Salem said:

and you're done.
i cook it that was too, but it only takes me 15 mins tops..........now i know why its always a bit crunchy  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lovemoon

Salem said:
Homzimla faylasoofet zamano, I generally dont put any salt, my parents have high blood pressure, so I let the person add the salt they need.

So what else do you cook khalti? ee bashlat mindi baseema? Yin magwilana d'libba makhdyakh?? :mrgreen:
Of course hamzmen if something is wrong garag hamzmen  :razz:

basaa palte excuses lol u r teaching the AVNmembers how to cooke rice so you should teach them the right way, not all the members' parents has blood pressure  :razz:

If I ever come there I will cook for you fish masgoof and then u tell me how it taste if its magwlana ed libaa or takol asab3ak  :razz:

Salem

assyrian_dude said:
i cook it that was too, but it only takes me 15 mins tops..........now i know why its always a bit crunchy  :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL, remind me not to eat anything you cook if I ever come to Canada.  :mrgreen:

Lovemoon said:
Of course hamzmen if something is wrong garag hamzmen  :razz:

basaa palte excuses lol u r teaching the AVNmembers how to cooke rice so you should teach them the right way, not all the members' parents has blood pressure  :razz:

If I ever come there I will cook for you fish masgoof and then u tell me how it taste if its magwlana ed libaa or takol asab3ak  :razz:
Khzee kmayela chaqchooqeh, there weren't excuses, I put the salt adding step where I usually do it, ib keifi, 3indi najmaaaaa.  :boxing:

peaches said:
ana leh mamryan rishee....i put everything in the rice cooker...best rice in 20 mins!
It's not organic that way  :giggle:

charlie

I cook it similar to that but I like to add a bit of butter when you add the salt, and it doesn't make it greasy it just adds a bit of flavour I think it tastes MMMMMMM.

Also I cover it with a tea towel when its on low heat i find it gets really fluffy.

Then pour it into a plate and just add masta (yougurt) I could eat it all day.

I hungry now im gonna go stuff my face.
:mrgreen:

Valantina

What about Sha3reeya?  :blink:
now try to translate sha3reeya in english looool (its like a thin noodles)

Anyways here a pic that i found lol but not round like this - its usualy broken into pieces.

Here is how i make my Riza  :mrgreen:
1- Oilve Oil and add a little bit Sha3reeya (the noodles).. till its brown
2- I add the Rice - but after i have it in the water for couple of hours.  I stir it till its mixed with Sha3reeya too.
3- Add hot boiled chicken flav water (if its not salty enough you can add salt or bouillon (MAGIE) - (i prefer the chicken flav water over just water)  :giggle:
4- Leave it on low heat and leave it to cook on the low heat.
5- Optional to add with it - Moi hubby loves pinto beans with it too.. so i make it just how he loves it  :)

If you want to make a Red Riza (riza smouqa lol)

3- Add hot boiled chicken flav water with tomato paste  (if its not salty enough you can add salt or bouillon (MAGIE).

Done

Lovemoon

Salem, 3ndek najmaa????? anee 3ndee 8amr lol lek what the hell is that lol kholet thabe6 looooool :ROFLMAO: :razz:

peachy

Valantina said:
What about Sha3reeya?? :blink:
now try to translate sha3reeya in english looool (its like a thin noodles)

Anyways here a pic that i found lol but not round like this - its usualy broken into pieces.

Here is how i make my Riza? :mrgreen:
1- Oilve Oil and add a little bit Sha3reeya (the noodles).. till its brown
2- I add the Rice - but after i have it in the water for couple of hours.? I stir it till its mixed with Sha3reeya too.
3- Add hot boiled chicken flav water (if its not salty enough you can add salt or bouillon (MAGIE) - (i prefer the chicken flav water over just water)? :giggle:
4- Leave it on low heat and leave it to cook on the low heat.
5- Optional to add with it - Moi hubby loves pinto beans with it too.. so i make it just how he loves it? :)

If you want to make a Red Riza (riza smouqa lol)

3- Add hot boiled chicken flav water with tomato paste? (if its not salty enough you can add salt or bouillon (MAGIE).

Done

Sha3rya is egg noodle  :mrgreen:

Valantina

Senalko said:
Vala, my mum makes Red Rice with potoats, meats and vegtables... we call it ( Maqloba ), I learnt to make Yellow rice lool, which i mix with Chicken Legs and wings... Yummyyyyyyyyyyy
Maqloobee is so YUMMMYYYY  :2hearts:
i love it... i have never made one myself yet.. but its somewhere on the list
  :blush2:

assyrian_dude

Salem said:
LOL, remind me not to eat anything you cook if I ever come to Canada.? :mrgreen:

hahahaha i was cooking riza today and i forced myself to wait 30 minutes until it "fully" cooked then ate it

chicago-girl

I make it same way as Salem... except add the salt with water...
but sometimes I add Vegeta, fry it with your rice and yummmy the rice comes out delicious

http://www.grandprixtrading.com/catalog/vegeta/podravka01107-vegeta-250g-can-lg.jpg