• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Riza

Salem

New member
OK, this is how I cook riza, it's bloody good, even if I say so myself.

Ingredients: Rice, boiled water, veggie oil, salt.

1- Pour a bit of oil in the qosarta while heating it for a couple of mins. I usually put the temp. on 7 (out of 9).
2- Throw the riza in there (for example 3 cups of rice) and let it's butt fry a bit, then mix it so that it doesn't burn, and keep doing that for 1-2 mins.
3- Pour 150% of the number of rice cups you're cooking, so in our example, 4.5 cups of boiled water are poured into it.
4- Keep the temp. to full or near full for a few mins until the water is almost fully absored by the rice.
5- Add salt (depends on how salty you want it) and mix.
6- Turn the temp. down to 1 or 2 and let it cook slowly for 30-45 mins, maybe even 60 mins if you're not in a rush.

and you're done.

 

baklawa

New member
Oh wow, an Assyrian man who cooks!!

That looks good Salem, but I use a ton of butter instead of the veggie oil  :mrgreen:
 

Lovemoon

New member
Salem said:
OK, this is how I cook riza, it's bloody good, even if I say so myself.

Ingredients: Rice, boiled water, veggie oil, salt.

1- Pour a bit of oil in the qosarta while heating it for a couple of mins. I usually put the temp. on 7 (out of 9).
2- Throw the riza in there (for example 3 cups of rice) and let it's butt fry a bit, then mix it so that it doesn't burn, and keep doing that for 1-2 mins.
3- Pour 150% of the number of rice cups you're cooking, so in our example, 4.5 cups of boiled water are poured into it.
4- Keep the temp. to full or near full for a few mins until the water is almost fully absored by the rice.
5- Add salt (depends on how salty you want it) and mix.
6- Turn the temp. down to 1 or 2 and let it cook slowly for 30-45 mins, maybe even 60 mins if you're not in a rush.

and you're done.
That's the way how I cook the rice exept I add salt when I add water so the number 5 is first and then number 4, you don't want ur riza to be half salty o half pakhaa <-- just like u lol

5- Add salt (depends on how salty you want it) and mix.
and then
4- Keep the temp. to full or near full for a few mins until the water is almost fully absored by the rice.

 

Salem

New member
baklawa said:
Oh wow, an Assyrian man who cooks!!

That looks good Salem, but I use a ton of butter instead of the veggie oil  :mrgreen:
LOL, it's only riza (white, red, and with chicken) and pasta, plus a few combinations of egg, bacon, tomatoes, etc for breakie. Aside from the weekend breakie, I cook once in a blue moon, so I'm still your typical Assyrian man in that sense.

I don't like oily food, thats why I just put a little bit of oil


Lovemoon said:
That's the way how I cook the rice exept I add salt when I add water so the number 5 is first and then number 4, you don't want ur riza to be half salty o half pakhaa <-- just like u lol
Homzimla faylasoofet zamano, I generally dont put any salt, my parents have high blood pressure, so I let the person add the salt they need.

So what else do you cook khalti? ee bashlat mindi baseema? Yin magwilana d'libba makhdyakh?  :mrgreen:




 

assyrian_dude

New member
Salem said:
OK, this is how I cook riza, it's bloody good, even if I say so myself.

Ingredients: Rice, boiled water, veggie oil, salt.

1- Pour a bit of oil in the qosarta while heating it for a couple of mins. I usually put the temp. on 7 (out of 9).
2- Throw the riza in there (for example 3 cups of rice) and let it's butt fry a bit, then mix it so that it doesn't burn, and keep doing that for 1-2 mins.
3- Pour 150% of the number of rice cups you're cooking, so in our example, 4.5 cups of boiled water are poured into it.
4- Keep the temp. to full or near full for a few mins until the water is almost fully absored by the rice.
5- Add salt (depends on how salty you want it) and mix.
6- Turn the temp. down to 1 or 2 and let it cook slowly for 30-45 mins, maybe even 60 mins if you're not in a rush.

and you're done.
i cook it that was too, but it only takes me 15 mins tops..........now i know why its always a bit crunchy  :lol: :lol: :lol:
 

Lovemoon

New member
Salem said:
Homzimla faylasoofet zamano, I generally dont put any salt, my parents have high blood pressure, so I let the person add the salt they need.

So what else do you cook khalti? ee bashlat mindi baseema? Yin magwilana d'libba makhdyakh?? :mrgreen:
Of course hamzmen if something is wrong garag hamzmen  :razz:

basaa palte excuses lol u r teaching the AVNmembers how to cooke rice so you should teach them the right way, not all the members' parents has blood pressure  :razz:

If I ever come there I will cook for you fish masgoof and then u tell me how it taste if its magwlana ed libaa or takol asab3ak  :razz:
 

Salem

New member
assyrian_dude said:
i cook it that was too, but it only takes me 15 mins tops..........now i know why its always a bit crunchy  :lol: :lol: :lol:
LOL, remind me not to eat anything you cook if I ever come to Canada.  :mrgreen:


Lovemoon said:
Of course hamzmen if something is wrong garag hamzmen  :razz:

basaa palte excuses lol u r teaching the AVNmembers how to cooke rice so you should teach them the right way, not all the members' parents has blood pressure  :razz:

If I ever come there I will cook for you fish masgoof and then u tell me how it taste if its magwlana ed libaa or takol asab3ak  :razz:
Khzee kmayela chaqchooqeh, there weren't excuses, I put the salt adding step where I usually do it, ib keifi, 3indi najmaaaaa.  :boxing:


peaches said:
ana leh mamryan rishee....i put everything in the rice cooker...best rice in 20 mins!
It's not organic that way  :giggle:

 

charlie

New member
I cook it similar to that but I like to add a bit of butter when you add the salt, and it doesn't make it greasy it just adds a bit of flavour I think it tastes MMMMMMM.

Also I cover it with a tea towel when its on low heat i find it gets really fluffy.

Then pour it into a plate and just add masta (yougurt) I could eat it all day.

I hungry now im gonna go stuff my face.
:mrgreen:
 

Valantina

New member
What about Sha3reeya?  :blink:
now try to translate sha3reeya in english looool (its like a thin noodles)

Anyways here a pic that i found lol but not round like this - its usualy broken into pieces.


Here is how i make my Riza  :mrgreen:
1- Oilve Oil and add a little bit Sha3reeya (the noodles).. till its brown
2- I add the Rice - but after i have it in the water for couple of hours.  I stir it till its mixed with Sha3reeya too.
3- Add hot boiled chicken flav water (if its not salty enough you can add salt or bouillon (MAGIE) - (i prefer the chicken flav water over just water)  :giggle:
4- Leave it on low heat and leave it to cook on the low heat.
5- Optional to add with it - Moi hubby loves pinto beans with it too.. so i make it just how he loves it  :)


If you want to make a Red Riza (riza smouqa lol)

3- Add hot boiled chicken flav water with tomato paste  (if its not salty enough you can add salt or bouillon (MAGIE).



Done
:mrgreen:
 

Lovemoon

New member
Salem, 3ndek najmaa????? anee 3ndee 8amr lol lek what the hell is that lol kholet thabe6 looooool :ROFLMAO: :razz:
 

peachy

Active member
Valantina said:
What about Sha3reeya?? :blink:
now try to translate sha3reeya in english looool (its like a thin noodles)

Anyways here a pic that i found lol but not round like this - its usualy broken into pieces.


Here is how i make my Riza? :mrgreen:
1- Oilve Oil and add a little bit Sha3reeya (the noodles).. till its brown
2- I add the Rice - but after i have it in the water for couple of hours.? I stir it till its mixed with Sha3reeya too.
3- Add hot boiled chicken flav water (if its not salty enough you can add salt or bouillon (MAGIE) - (i prefer the chicken flav water over just water)? :giggle:
4- Leave it on low heat and leave it to cook on the low heat.
5- Optional to add with it - Moi hubby loves pinto beans with it too.. so i make it just how he loves it? :)


If you want to make a Red Riza (riza smouqa lol)

3- Add hot boiled chicken flav water with tomato paste? (if its not salty enough you can add salt or bouillon (MAGIE).



Done
:mrgreen:

Sha3rya is egg noodle  :mrgreen:
 

Valantina

New member
Senalko said:
Vala, my mum makes Red Rice with potoats, meats and vegtables... we call it ( Maqloba ), I learnt to make Yellow rice lool, which i mix with Chicken Legs and wings... Yummyyyyyyyyyyy
Maqloobee is so YUMMMYYYY  :2hearts:
i love it... i have never made one myself yet.. but its somewhere on the list
  :blush2:
 

assyrian_dude

New member
Salem said:
LOL, remind me not to eat anything you cook if I ever come to Canada.? :mrgreen:

hahahaha i was cooking riza today and i forced myself to wait 30 minutes until it "fully" cooked then ate it
 

chicago-girl

New member
I make it same way as Salem... except add the salt with water...
but sometimes I add Vegeta, fry it with your rice and yummmy the rice comes out delicious


http://www.grandprixtrading.com/catalog/vegeta/podravka01107-vegeta-250g-can-lg.jpg

 
Top