1/4 cup water
2 lbs. whole milk ricotta cheese
1 large egg
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tbls. caramel liquor or rum
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. rose water

Preheat oven to 375.  Boil water and sugar until golden.  Immediately pour caramel into ramekins (about 6) and place in a roasting pan.  Mix remaining ingredients and pour into ramekins.  Half-fill the pan with hot water and bake for 45 minutes.  Let cool and refrigerate overnight.  To unmold, place ramekins in hot water and then invert onto plate.

Cookie said:
Mmm This sounds yum!? Baklawa did you take any pics of them when you made this?

No hun, I didn't, and if I did, I wouldn't post them because they actually didn't look as pretty as they should!  But don't let that deter you....they are still very tasty and I'm sure you will do a much better job of inverting them onto the plates than I did!

lol I am looking forward to trying this out... Ooo I get to go shopping for Ramekins :mrgreen: ...  Baklawa you've made me giddy!

Thanks Vala!

BTW everyone -- if you have trouble unmolding these the way I do (I've never been able to have them come out perfectly), another option might be to skip making the caramel and do the following instead: copy the recipe beginning with the ricotta.  After taking them out of the oven, let them cool, sprinkle some sugar atop of each one and use one of those mini blow-torches to carmelize.  Then eat straight out of the ramekin -- kind of like creme brulee!

Back