Rethink your drink!

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
HOW MUCH SUGAR ARE YOU CONSUMING? Dr. Tim Mathew, Kidney Health Australia's Medical Director, said research in the US had shown that one soft drink or sweet juice each day AT ANY AGE was associated with an 80% increase in the risk of acquiring diabetes in females. It's really all about choices.

Sugar.jpg

ASHOOR

I pretty much only drink diet coke now, I know it is not perfect but at least I am safe from the sugar.

ASHOOR

I only drink water too. BUTTTTT someone's a bad influnce and makes me drink lemonade or alcohol when they are here lol (thats once a month) lol.

ASHOOR said:
Barshie, how many do you drink on average everyday?

ASHOOR

I drink a full bottle first thing in the morning before I even shower.  That's very important.  It even helps speed up your metabolism.  I have a 20 oz bottle at my desk at work...I have about 3, maybe 4 of those a day...Then probably another 2-3 at home...so probably around 5 bottles a day average....Unless I drank alchohol the night before, which will make me drink an extra 2 bottles of water :mrgreen:

Lek wow!!! That is a little excessive isn't it?

It is interesting you mention the one in the morning. I have always read that it is important to drink water first thing in the morning. But I only drink one glass of water not a bottle lol. I think I will increase it.

Ashoor

ASHOOR said:
Lek wow!!! That is a little excessive isn't it?

It is interesting you mention the one in the morning. I have always read that it is important to drink water first thing in the morning. But I only drink one glass of water not a bottle lol. I think I will increase it.

Ashoor

Barsh, when it comes to drinking water, you can't drink "too much".  Don't forget, 60% of our bodies are made of water, and 75% of our brain is water.  Also, the reason drinking a glass (8 oz) of water as soon as you wake up is because you've already deprived your body of ANY fluids during the 8 hours of asleep, so when you wake up, your body is dehydrated.  Imagine going to work for 8 hours and not having a drop of any liquid.  Coffee, Pop, Water...ANYTHING.  How thirsty would you be?  The same thing happens when you sleep.

That is a very interesting way of putting it, good job! With that in mind, it is now easier to see why we should drink lots of water upon wake up.

Ashoor

Back