Repetitive Mistakes

Renee

Do you make any repetitive mistakes? What stops you from changing? What leads you to making the same mistake again?

Trusting people I meet right away.  I keep making this mistake cuz I'm a weak sap who never learns.

I'm loving being Renee's little experiment today  :mrgreen:

Yeah, that's a hard one. I tend to focus on the positive aspects of people and give little value to their negatives, even though their negatives are what give me headaches

I wouldn't say i'm a person that makes repetitive mistakes. I change my approach to matters that i face difficulty in the first time. I guess my work has impacted on me positively. A "Lessons Learnt" approach from engineering can be applied to everyday life. :mrgreen:

baklawa said:
Trusting people I meet right away.  I keep making this mistake cuz I'm a weak sap who never learns.

I'm loving being Renee's little experiment today  :mrgreen:

That is not a mistake, rather a good thing.  Immediately judging new ppl you meet by the transgressions that others have caused you is not a way to live.  I'm not saying that you should blindly trust ppl on contact, instead, be neutral with them until they give you a reason not to trust them.  Everyone should get a fair chance at gaining trust and should not be limited by what others have done.

Letting relatives get away with stuff repeatedly.  I don't stay mad for long.  Also I don't say anything because its the "good assyrian thing to do".  This way they never know somethings wrong and so they keep doing it and I keep letting them.  OMG Renee...I need help :scared:

Shamoosy, I have a few shirts to be ironed, be a darl and iron them for me tonight, please!!!

Most times I do not save the excess cash I end up with after making the mortgage repayments, I cannot help but spend it!!!

Salem said:
Shamoosy, I have a few shirts to be ironed, be a darl and ironed them for me tonight, please!!

Most times I do not save the excess cash I end up with after making the mortgage repayments, I cannot help but spend it!!!

hahaha I will iron your shirts if you buy my plane ticket  :lol:

Noon said:
Letting relatives get away with stuff repeatedly.  I don't stay mad for long.  Also I don't say anything because its the "good assyrian thing to do".  This way they never know somethings wrong and so they keep doing it and I keep letting them.   OMG Renee...I need help :scared:

And then one day, after bottling up all that resentment for years, you blow up at the most inappropriate time and tell Khaltoo Elishwa that she's a miserable, hateful khotanta who you've never liked, and if she dies tomorrow you would boycott her funeral.  Not that I can relate to any of that  :whistling:

baklawa said:
And then one day, after bottling up all that resentment for years, you blow up at the most inappropriate time and tell Khaltoo Elishwa that she's a miserable, hateful khotanta who you've never liked, and if she dies tomorrow you would boycott her funeral.  Not that I can relate to any of that  :whistling:

sorry but lmao at the above  :giggle:

baklawa said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

baklawa said:

If only I had a Khaltoo Elishwa  :devil: 

Guys, you shouldn't make repetitive mitsakes. You should learn from your mitsakes the first time around and not try and do the same mitsake again! I guess sometimes you know you're making the mitsake for the sake of someone else's good.

:mrgreen:

Knight said:
Guys, you shouldn't make repetitive mitsakes. You should learn from your mitsakes the first time around and not try and do the same mitsake again! I guess sometimes you know you're making the mitsake for the sake of someone else's good
:mrgreen:

Plus, sometimes, when you make the same mistake twice, you learn different lessons, which is good

Renee I see your posts are back :)

I hate making the same mistakes over again but i don't know how to change them  :bangin:

Focus on the solutions to the problems instead of the problems...that will help you make the changes. plus, don't let your emotions make your decisions for you.

That's the best advice I can give, based on my personal struggles with changing repetitive mistakes

Renee said:
Focus on the solutions to the problems instead of the problems...that will help you make the changes. plus, don't let your emotions make your decisions for you.

That's the best advice I can give, based on my personal struggles with changing repetitive mistakes

I will try that next time but you are right i should not let emotions get in the way

It's hard to do, but if your aware of it, then it's easier to overcome them.

Good luck  :mrgreen:

Back