• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

reading and writing arabic

AssyrianDrummer

Why is it so damn hard!

It's not just the artistic way of writing, it's the 3 different variations you use a single letter in a part of a word, then getting the punctuation right by ...GUESSING? as if it wasnt hard enough to learn without sukuns and long and short vowels!!!

It's one thing speaking it, another writing it! I guess that's the same if i wanted to learn to write Assyrian... I suppose i will learn it all soon... inshallah  :giggle:

AssyrianDrummer

But there is no one I would write to as much! I have more Arabic friends than Assyrian! The only people I would write to would be my family, and I bet half of those can't read or write Assyrian! lol

shekwanta

my family also!....they have used to arabic words "half assyrian half arabic"...so sometimes i am embarrassed to say a word in assyrian, they start looking and saying whaaat! lol (since they have learned that word in arabic!)  :)

Syrian Knight

I wish I could read and write in Arabic. I can speak and understand, but it upsets me that I cannot read or write. Being born in Canada, I only learned how to read and write in English. I have always wanted to learn how to write in Arabic, but I just never had the opportunity or time. I am either working, or at school, or tired from working... or from being at school. However, I love the shock that comes to people's faces when ever I go to Syria and speak Arabic. I will talk to them for a while, then they ask me from where in Syria I'm from, and I tell them "I am from Canada." They tell me that I speak Arabic as if I was someone who was born and lived in Syria all his life. It's such a nice compliment to receive.

shekwanta

Syrian Knight said:
I wish I could read and write in Arabic. I can speak and understand, but it upsets me that I cannot read or write. Being born in Canada, I only learned how to read and write in English. I have always wanted to learn how to write in Arabic, but I just never had the opportunity or time. I am either working, or at school, or tired from working... or from being at school. However, I love the shock that comes to people's faces when ever I go to Syria and speak Arabic. I will talk to them for a while, then they ask me from where in Syria I'm from, and I tell them "I am from Canada." They tell me that I speak Arabic as if I was someone who was born and lived in Syria all his life. It's such a nice compliment to receive.
lol thats very good syrian knight!, ive heard that arabic is very easy to learn!, and seen it also!!....my teacher was chinese but lived in germany for a very long time "maybe even born here", anyway she had gone to syria one time!, for only one year and she had learn a good arabic anybody would understand!, maybe not the accent but the language was great! :)

the question is....can u speak assyrian!!!! lol kidding ;)  :mrgreen:  :blush2:  :bigarmhug:

Zowaa389

In the time I learned to read and write in Assyrian properly, I learned Persian, and also to read and write and write in Arabic including Persian letters and already had moved onto watching Afghan TV with a thick Afghan accent!