Question on Engagement Parties

Princess Mary

So I was just curious??

Gimme some details on engagement parties??

What you've had or plans you have :)

Does everyone through a huge event?
Rent a space
Hire a singer?

How many people are invited :)

Any info on parties you've gone to c'mon through the ideas at me!

I'm just being nerdy and curious since I've only gone to one engagement party I'm a little clueless

I went to one once.  I thought it was a wedding.  I can't tell the difference sometimes.  It's the same old hossa except no wedding cake sometimes.

depends how many people you want to invite and what sort of money you want to spend?
i think nice small engagement parties are nice, close family and friends...save the hossah for the wedding  :wavetowel:

If you have lots of relatives & friends you?re thinking of inviting, you?re gonna need to rent out a good sized reception hall or you can have it at a night club, which ever you prefer more. Try not to invite more than 100 to 150 guests. If you strongly prefer a more personal & family oriented type of gathering, then I think it would be great to have the celebration take place at a family house or a nice restaurant.

For entertainment, you could hire a singer if it?s going to be a fancy & formal affair, but keep in mind that it will cost you more. Hiring a live DJ is a good alternative option, which would help you avoid spending excessive money.

I really don't know much else about planning engagement parties, but I can confidently say it all depends on the type of budget you've established for yourself.

The only one I've been too seemed like a wedding. Singer 250+ guests, cake everything only difference is gift time was all gold and not money

Like everyone else, I've attended engagements that seemed like mini-weddings, which I really don't care for at all.  Mine was a very simple affair at my home.  My mom and aunts made all the food of course, and my husband's friends took care of the entertainment -- one came with the doombook (drum) the other with an oud (guitar) and the other sang.  It was about 80 people and we all knew each other for the most part and just had a great time dancing that night. It was really lovely.

However, if I had to do it over again I would have rented a space in a restaurant and have them take care of everything.  Cleaning up before and after and all those days spent cooking was really draining.  When you add up the cost of ingredients, time and energy it's just worth it to pay for a nice little place and have them take care of everything for you. 

Depends on your budget. I did my engagement at home with just family and few friends, I had cake and drinks?we also had my husbands cousin whose a DJ?then my parents, aunt cooked all the food and everything then other family brought the dessert ? it was great.

I?ve been to few engagements; usually we put money instead of buying a gift.

ive been to quite a few, some very big ones (not my thing) and smaller ones...one of my best mates got engaged last week, it was really nice in her uncles house backgarden, hired a nice marquee, family cooked, all very nice and not too ott...i think the smaller the better  :mrgreen:

Thanks guys!!!

Haha I've never ever thought of my engagement party or  even "daydreamed" about it... It was allways the wedding but it seems like everyones throwing this lavish affairs... I mean spending the money is ok but it just doesn't seem needed??? Unless when you get down to it you end up having so many people that want to come you end up throwing a big party hahaha.....

Anyway thx for the input

Princess Mary said:
Thanks guys!!!

Haha I've never ever thought of my engagement party or  even "daydreamed" about it... It was allways the wedding but it seems like everyones throwing this lavish affairs... I mean spending the money is ok but it just doesn't seem needed??? Unless when you get down to it you end up having so many people that want to come you end up throwing a big party hahaha.....

Anyway thx for the input

it is always the wedding for the girl but when she gets engaged everything changes for few girls that is....but for me i didnt really care how many engement was as long as my wedding was good and it was...

Princess Mary said:
Thanks guys!!!

Anyway thx for the input

it all comes down to how much money you got to spend and how intimate you want your party to be.

I dont get the appeal of a mini wedding. I'd rather something small and initimate with close family and friends only. I just think its a waste of money really.

peachy said:
I dont get the appeal of a mini wedding. I'd rather something small and initimate with close family and friends only. I just think its a waste of money really.

I agree 100%!

God Bless :2hearts:

peachy said:

i agree too, i just hope mine wont be more then 80 ppl

BrOwN eYeS said:
wow that is small

yes it is, r u kidding me im not gonna chedan ppl that i dont talk to or hardly ever see, i just want close fmaily ( some of them are not invited ) and close friends thats all i need. and he only has an aunt in cali who knows if their gonna come or not.
plus i can do more nice things for the wedding, and favors too sap i didnt have my engament here :D

Back