Quarterfinal: Spain vs. Paraguay

4 of the 8 remaining teams (Holland, Spain, Paraguay, Ghana) have never won the world cup...

ASHOOR

Spain 2-1

Wow, this is great!  I thought they'd choke after their shocking loss to the Swiss.  So glad they rallied back.  Looks like they will (finally) go all the way this year  :wavetowel:

i'm saying spain, it's either gonna be 2-1 or 1-0 but i have a feeling this game might be tied at the end for a shootout

Torres needs to come off for Llorente in the second half.  Torres isn't making space for himself and he's dead when the passes come his way.  Spain don't have life right now.  Bring on the Basque!

Spain is in BABYYYYYYYYYYYY. and VIlla did it again  :2hearts: :2hearts: :2hearts: :2hearts:

Bring on germnay :clap: :clap: :clap:

I worry about the Germans. Depends which Spanish midfield show up to play.  Same as today and they will get thrashed, otherwise I give them a food chance to break down the Germans if they control and dictate the play.

Also Del Bosque needs to get over himself and bench Torres.  He's hurting the team and he's obviously not 100%.  Spain can't afford to waste an hour of every game trying to get him involved in the play.  If not Llorente then Fabregas needs to get a start.  I'm sick of Torres' overrated ass.  Viva Espa?a!

WOO-HOO!  :wavetowel:

Now if Spain intends on beating Germany, they better get their act together.

If anything, Torres is underrated in this Spanish team. Instead of just sticking him in there and expecting him to get goals with terrible service, they should of built the team around him. His goal record speaks for itself, infront of goal Torres is miles ahead of David Villa.

It's probably better off that he is dropped though, although I hope he's not for the good of the Germans.

Pedro also has to play, he brings that width that they desperately need.

davidb said:
If anything, Torres is underrated in this Spanish team. Instead of just sticking him in there and expecting him to get goals with terrible service, they should of built the team around him. His goal record speaks for itself, infront of goal Torres is miles ahead of David Villa.

It's probably better off that he is dropped though, although I hope he's not for the good of the Germans.

Pedro also has to play, he brings that width that they desperately need.

In other years I'd agree with you, but he just doesn't look healthy to me yet. Euro 2008 he was good, and for Liverpool he's good, but for the good of the team he needs to sit. He looks slow and totally off rhythm this tourney.  I think Villa will pan out as the better striker in the long run. He will top Raul for Spain and he's already more than halfway to Ronaldo's World Cup record with 8 goals so far in two World Cups.

And I forgot to mention how much better Villa was in qualifying. I don't remember Torres scoring much at all in the run up over the last two years. I gotta check the stats now.

Yeah Torres is half the player he is when he's playing for Spain, but as I said the team needs to be built around him, like at Liverpool, otherwise he'll flop.

Alonso-Busquets-Xavi
Pedro                              Iniesta
                David Villa

Hope that's not the team to start in the next game. lol

Torres may not score that much for Spain, but he sure as hell does cause teams alot of HAVOC when fit, speaking of fitness, something he does not have at this present moment...

Back