• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Quarterfinal: Brazil vs. Holland

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
No matter how deep Brazil is, you take 4 players from their line-up, and you sure will suffer. This is when there will be pressure on Dunga for not having brought Ronaldinho and Diego, just to name a few.

ASHOOR

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
rumrum said:
Taking emotions out of the equation

Why I think Holland will win:

They simply impressed me more in this tournament.  They won all of their games with a demanding result.  They scored on the Japan team while they were playing an all-out defense...still breaking through and scoring and also keeping a lid on the counter attack.  They are playing much by the book, such as Germany is this year, are true to their formations and positions and the role players know what they are doing.  They seems physically fit and the top players (Robben, V.Persie, Kuyt, Schnider) is quite an offense.  Their defense has also remained solid with no gaping holes that I can remember.  Their goalkeeper has also made some great saves and is defending well.

Brazil will be tough, no doubt, but they didn't impress me this year.  They didn't really blow out any opponents, 2-1 vs North Korea...really?  Their attacking isn't quite the flash I expected...maybe they were playing conservative too, not sure.  But they are going to have to play some tough teams that will know how to defend their attack, and I think Holland is where the buck stops.  The only European style team they played was Portugal and they ended up tying them.  They ran through similar style playing like Chile (South America) and Ivory Coast (Africa).  African and S. American soccer tends to be more flashy and stylish while Europeans stick with conservative and by-the-book...look at Germany, England, France, etc. 

In point, it's really flash vs. conservative.  I think the conservative, by-the-book, attacking style of Holland will beat out the flashy style of Brazil.  Brazil's reputation is built on their play...their spectacular goals, and their footwork.  But I feel that if Holland can contain that, and attack them and break their psyche, it's a done deal.

Bro, good analysis, but your information about Brazil is a little inaccurate. Unless you haven't watched any of their matches or read nothing about them, you would know by now that Brazil is not playing the typical South American, attacking, samba style. They are actually playing a mix of European and Brazilian style, with a lot of emphsis on defense. This is why for the first time in Brazil's history, there are two defensive midfields (which is like heresy in Brazil)

So it is not really flash vs. conservative. It is more like (Flash+Conservative)vs.(conservative)

Read this article, and you will know what I am talking about: Who needs flashy football when you have brilliant Brazil : http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/world-cup-2010/2010/06/28/2000411/world-cup-2010-comment-who-needs-flashy-football-when-you

ASHOOR

Dalida

Can't wait for this game. Me and some of my friends are heading to St.Clair to watch the game since most of us have work off in the morning. All of them are Brazil fans except for me I don't are who wins I just want to be part of the celebration. lol

If Brazil wins I will celebrate for you Ashoor.

Senalco

ASHOOR said:
No matter how deep Brazil is, you take 4 players from their line-up, and you sure will suffer. This is when there will be pressure on Dunga for not having brought Ronaldinho and Diego, just to name a few.

ASHOOR

I am astonished to see Ronaldinho left out, Few other countries could do with his services... if I was him, i would seek Asylum In Doha and play for Qatar  :giggle:

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Dalida, that would be so fun if Brazil wins. It is sunny and warm tomorrow, and that is as Brazilian as it gets lol.

HAHA Senalco. I don't know what to tell you man: when it comes to Ronaldinho, I keep changing my opinion with every problem in the Brazil team. If all the players are healthy, then no, we don't need him. But given that 4 players will be missing from tomorrow's game, then there is clearly a need for him or any other good players that were left out.

But Brazil is not using this as an excuse and they have already come out and acknowledged that this won't change their plans and will still play as a team.

ASHOOR

davidb

Ronaldinho wouldn't bring anything to the team that they already don't have.

I was more surprised at Diego & Pato.

Typical coach trying to stamp his authority.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
davidb said:
Ronaldinho wouldn't bring anything to the team that they already don't have.

I was more surprised at Diego & Pato.

Typical coach trying to stamp his authority.

You are right, but when you have 4 midfielders missing, then sure Ronaldinho would be useful now. Any other time, and the team doesn't need him.

I would bring Diego, although he has the tendency to fall a lot and easily at times.

As for Pato, he is a good and natural scorer, but he is also a little soft and lazy at times. He scores for Milan where he has Ronaldinho to assist him and other good players. In theory, he should also score for Brazil with Robinho and kaka assisting him, but he has been given the chance but he didn't do much.. Plus, he is not the player that Dunga wants: that both attacks and defends at the same time.  Even Fabiano and Robinho go back at times to defend and help.

ASHOOR

Anitaaaaaaaaaa

Now who cares about who win how many games or what people say or what they ganna say, Its always diffrent and things change Brasil is the best team in world but they might get unlucky and lose (better not) or Holland is played shit befor maybe now they ganna play better So we got watch and see ..

Brasil all the way !!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Khayet Anitaaaaaa I always say that. If it was about history alone, then we know Brazil is better than anyone else and they would win every world cup. But it is not about history, recent or distant, but about the final result.

I do have confidence that Brazil has what it takes, and a slight edge, to beat Holland. But if they lose? Akh let us not go there.

The worst thing? I have one more night to sleep before the game is here. I wish I can just fast forward time to tomorrow!

Ashoor

Anitaaaaaaaaaa

Lucky you, its friday today and am not going 2 get any sleep from now till tuesday , game here is at 2am and then am going stright 2 work , so if brasil lose GOD help my staff.. am going 2 make thier life hell.. Not that i dont do it other days  :angelnot:

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Damn it that goal didn't count!!! It was indeed offside but by a hair. Good call from the linesman (jerk) lol

Ashoor

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Lol haha as I was tying that Roninho had already scored a real goal.

It is good that we scored early but bad in that there is lots of time left for anything to happen.

Ashoor

Shannia

Go Netherlands goooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!
Sorry guys, i'm european, lost in the wrong continent ;)