• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

OFFICIAL ASSYRIANVOICE.NET VENT THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashuriena

Wow, it's been a while since a vent!

- I hate when people you barely know and barely talk to or don't even know and only talk to because they're a customer all of a sudden try to talk to you like you're their best friend. Am I the only one that has a problem with it?

I know it sounds mean, but if you're a customer and I don't know you, I don't care! I really don't care! I don't care that you're in a rush because your wife is paranoid and if you don't get out of here quick enough she thinks you're cheating on her. I don't care that your husband is acting like an idiot so you're considering divorce. I'm sorry it's happening, but I don't care!

And as for people I barely talk to (only because I know them through my brother, a friend, etc.), why are you talking to me? Do I look like a therapist? Yea, I'm sorry you did something ridiculous out of your own stupidity and quick ability to fold under peer pressure, but what do you honestly want me to say to you? How did you even get my number? I'm sorry you (not even drunk) lost your virginity to some random chick that you had met 2 hours before. But what do you want me to say to you? "I'm sorry?" "It's okay?" "Don't worry about it? "You're probably not infested with an STD?" Tell me you were drunk so I can cut you some slack! And why are you telling me? Why don't you tell someone who knows you well? Wouldn't that be better? I care, but I don't understand what I have to do with anything. I'll help you out if you need anything (ride to the doctor, pay off your co-pay, etc.), but I think if I ever did something stupid, I would tell the people that are close to me.

- Customers. I can't stand dark and evil customers that throw things at you. Yea, thanks for chucking that DVD at my face and throwing your American Express at me like you're a ninja. I appreciate it. This couple came up to the register and the girl started throwing her things in my face and after her boyfriend said it was rude, she said in a serious and loud tone, "It's okay. Blockbuster employees have no soul."  :huh:

No burping and blowing it in my face! I hate when fat old trashy guys do that to me. That's disgusting.

- Big girls. I love you, big girls. I'm a big girl, but if you're 400 lbs. and it's cold outside, don't come in braless in a see-through tanktop and shorts you can't even see because your body fat rolls over on them. That's just disgusting. What's worse is she tries to gain more attention to her boobs by touching them and talking about them constantly. "Oops, I dropped my DVDs because my boobs are so big."  :bangin:

- Food-stained DVDs!!! PLEASE DON'T RETURN YOUR DVDS WITH FOOD STAINS ON THEM OR THE COVER! That's the most sickest thing ever! And don't throw used condoms in the dropbox or drop your stash of weed in the non-new release section.

- People that smell! Take a shower! Put some perfume or cologne on! You smell like curry, garlic, Chinese food, or just plain dirty. The worst ones I have to say are some of those emo kids with the girl pants and the paper clip leather jackets. Take a shower!!!

Okay...well, that's enough for now. Stay tuned 'til next time... :ban:

Valantina

My vent of the day

I HATE MY APARTMENT MANAGER!
She is such an idiot  :blink:

Everytime something wrong goes in the apartment.. its a chance for her to come and go through my things  :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:
OMG it pisses me off so bad... i just wana strangle he
r  :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Ashuriena

AHHH! I hate Blockbuster!!! We get time and a half for our five holidays within the year and each employee is supposed to get at least one paid holiday off. Since my dad isn't here and my mom is going to family friends' houses for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and she had a bunch of people over for Thanksgiving, I want to make New Years Eve nice for my mom because this is the first time we're spending the holidays home without my dad. We're allowed to request one of these holidays off and receive it. I requested New Years Eve so I can take her to an Assyrian party like my dad usually does and we can all have some fun. I didn't get my holiday off. I worked Thanksgiving JUST so I can get New Years Eve off and I even told her I would work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and even New Years Day if I could get New Years Eve off. I've been there for about a year now and according to her and the rest of the managers, I'm the best CSR (Customer Service Representative) and was first up for a promotion to manager (up until this new guy came in that has been best friends with my store manager for years and he's been there for two weeks now and got the promotion to manager and he ALWAYS asks me for help on problems and he's supposed to be a manager!) Even the seasonal people who are hired JUST so they can work on and around the holidays got ALL their vacations and they get 3 holidays off!!! All three of them get Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve and me, well, I don't get ANYTHING!! Two of them got two weeks off including the entire Christmas weekend and New Years weekend! One of my co-workers, who has a kid, she's my store manager's sister-in-law so she always gets connections and gets days off left and right. She's been there for three years already and she still doesn't know how to do everything. It pisses me off! She gets Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Years Eve off along with my store manager and the new manager (who is best friends with my store manager)! Even ALL THREE of the seasonal people get it off and I work ALL THE DAYS! Only I do! It pisses me off! And she has me closing this entire weekend (Thurs-Sun) and she even has me closing the entire weekend next week (Thurs-Sun). ALL 8 hour shifts. I'm really considering not showing up to any of my shifts. It's really getting on my nerves. I went off at work about it and my co-worker (sister-in-law of my store manager) has the nerve to tell me to calm down and that it's not a big deal because I should be happy about getting a nice paycheck. F the paycheck!!! Blockbuster can shove it down it's throat! I want to spend time with my family on freakin' New Years Eve! On Thanksgiving, I got a terrible 11 hour shift, and on Christmas Eve I get an 8 hour shift along with Christmas Day and New Years Eve, which I know...I KNOW will turn into longer than that. Why are we even freakin' open on those days? Doesn't make sense!!! AHHH! I hate Blockbuster! And I got super pissed at my store manager and went off on her. I told her I'm not showing up and if she wants me to come in on New Years Eve, I will either A) Not show up or B) Show up piss drunk and go off on little children (Well, I wouldn't come in piss drunk, hahaha, but they don't know that!! And they also don't know that I wouldn't go off on little children...so that's a plus). Yes, I'm a horrible person, but I hate Blockbuster!

Ashuriena

I was at work today, minding my own business with one of the employees annoying me about things that he should've known how to do 2 months ago when he started here. I don't know if anyone's workplace is like this, but at Blockbuster, when you void things, refund them, or exchange them, they are known as "credits" and they come out of our monthly budget. So, the more "credits" we give, the lower our budget becomes, which means the less chance of EVER bonusing within the month and we already never bonus, so basically it just means we have lesser things to spend money on and have to work with much more little than we should.

I was working on my register, ringing up customers as quickly as possible to get them out of the store faster and the new hire was pretty slow, which is expected. For about every 7 customers I rung up, she rung up 1. But she's learning, so I can deal with that. The not-so-new-hire (aka annoying employee) has been here for two months and messes up on the stupid little things, which causes me to give credits to almost every customer he rings up. The only way that I am able to do a credit is because I know one of my bosses' employee number and password. (Only managers can issue ALL credits at Blockbuster and regular CSRs (me) are only limited to 5 different credits). She wasn't working that day and my store manager was on break, so basically I was babying everyone with credits and exchange/return issues. I think the annoying employee had it the worst, but anyways, that's not the point. He gets a black customer in his mid-20s, who thinks he's hard, who doesn't have a card, so he looks him up with his last name and first name. We are able to put warnings on people's accounts that pop up when we find their account and this one had a warning from my store manager. It read: "DO NOT RENT WITHOUT ID! CHECK ID AT ALL TIMES!" The annoying employee asks, "Do you have an ID?" and the guy says, "No." So, he comes up to me and asks, "Ash, what do I do? He doesn't have his card or his ID and there's a warning on his account?" I turn to the customer and politely tell him that unless some form of picture identification is shown, we cannot rent on his account. By the time I'm finished saying this, his wannabe ghetto teeza has already taken the money out of his shoe (yes, he carried money in his shoes...I guess he never heard of pants pockets or wallets?) He then explodes in a fit of anger and starts giving me attitude and calling me foul names. He goes, "You fat b****, you fat m*********** rent to me b****" and his foul mouthed friend starts cursing at me too. My store manager steps in from coming back from the market (still on her break) and goes, "What's the problem, sir?" and he goes, "This fat b**** won't rent to me on my account!!" She looks at it and says, "Do you have ID?" and he says, "No. " Then, immediately, she goes, "Then, we can't rent to you." He goes, "That fat b**** should get fired!" and turns to me and says, "If your a** was in Compton, you'd be dead because your a** would be shot!" At this point, I go off! I completely lose it. I don't even remember saying this, but apparently, from all the customers and co-workers, I said, "Listen b****! This isn't Compton, this is Diamond Bar! You're not hard! YOU'RE NOT HARD! And you want to act like that? Oh yea, well, if you were in Baghdad, they'd blow your a** up, so what?" The store manager gets crazy when she sees that I'm pissed so she goes off on them even more, "Get out of my store!! GET OUT!" and she kicked them out. While they were leaving, one of his friends says under his breath, "I'd shank this b****!" I overheard them and went off again, I go, "Oh yea? I take my break in 10 minutes, meet me in the parking lot!!" Yea, I don't know why I said that. (My mom said the reason was because ewan oorzambooch...hahaha!) :bangin: But my store manager tried to calm me down so she let me take my 10 minute break right then and there and immediately take my 30 minute break right after. I literally stepped outside without punching out for my break and sat on the curb in the parking lot for the entire 40 minutes and no one came. I guess I wasn't going to get shanked after all?

shamirum

OMGOSH. I can't believe all of that happened over renting a video!

What a motherfucking asshole bitch dick sucking fucker!!!

I curse when I get mad, too...  :blush2:

But shit, what the fuck was he thinking saying all of that? And what on earth has he done in the past that got him a warning on his account? Idiot!

And your manager? I would have called the cops on him and locked the doors to the store until the police showed up so they could cart his ass, and his friend's ass, to the station for threatening you like that!

I'm sooo happy you said something back to him, sheesh, I've worked at places where all you can do is either hang up, or make them talk to a manager, but you got to vent right in front of him, good for you!!!

And ummm, next time, although hopefully there is no next time, please don't go sit in the parking lot waiting for them, because we need Ashu alive and well.  :bigarmhug:

Ashuriena

I KNOW!! All over a stupid movie! And he picked out a stupid movie too! For trying to act hard, he picked out a very girly movie--"The Last Kiss"...omg, can we say, WHAT A GIRL!

I'm pretty sure the warning on the account was from the actual cardholder and that probably wasn't him. He probably just wanted to use it on his account so if he never returned it, it would be the fault of the cardholder.

The funniest thing I get out of this is that they try to act tough, but not to people their own size or gender, but to girls. Seriously, aya moot pakhootelah? They'd probably be a qatoo if you sent them into Baghdad.

Lately, I've been thinking, black people are scared of middle eastern people. Everytime I get angry at them, they look at me like they just saw Satan. Hahahaha, or maybe it's because I just get so angry? This is the second time this week, I've blown up in anger at a customer. :baby:

Seriously? I should've called the cops. I'm such an idiot, but I really liked the way my co-worker added insult to injury. She's a white girl who tries to act "ghetto" and waved her ghetto finger around and said, "No!" when they asked for a comment card. Yanee, they think they're tough and then they ask for a comment card? What kind of gangster asks for a comment card?

But yea, I guess I shouldn't have waited outside. I'm crazy, but I guess it did help in calming me down with all that fresh air. Plus, I was RIGHT outside of Blockbuster. They probably wouldn't be able to do anything to me anyways. I'm also cool with the recycling guy behind the market next to us where our garbage can is at. So, if anything, at least I know he'd have my back I hope.

Thanks, love!

Ashuriena

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

I have been cursed! I swear..I had to have been! I woke up at 3 AM this morning because of some idiot that decided to drive right through the gate of our complex and rip the entire gate off the walls and smash it into the middle of the street. And apparently, I'm the only freakin' person to hear it so I have to go wait outside in the freakin' cold after calling the cops to get a police report since the condo complex association needs it. Why? Why did I have to wake up an hour and a half before I was supposed to? I mean, I freakin' slept at 12...was I not supposed to get the luxury of 4.5 hours of sleep at night? NO! Since Diamond Bar doesn't have their own police station, I had to wait for Pomona (LAPD) cops to come and make the report, but since they have so much junk to deal with, it takes them forever to get to the complex and I'm late for school! I finally end up doing the stupid police report and being the "snitch" of it all and once I'm done...I'm freakin' SUPER late! I hit the road about 7 minutes later only to find out the freakin' freeway I need is shut down because a helicopter landed on it and the other freeway I need had a huge accident!

I finally finish with the 57 freeway after about 2 hours and I get on the 5 freeway when a truck spills its entire steel cylinder cargo on to the six lanes of traffic smashing everything in sight, including part of my front window...(it would've gone through the middle if I hadn't swerved into the other lane). So, I still have about a good 1 hour and 45 minutes until class starts and I have to fill out a stupid accident report about this, but luckily there was CHP all over the place, so it didn't take as long as I thought it would. It's done and I head off when I hit traffic AGAIN 6 miles before my exit. I'm literally at a complete stop for about 20 minutes when I look over to the girl next to me and she had her leg out her window and she was touching herself while singing along to "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails and a big sign on the back of her rear windshield saying, "Honk if you're horny!" :bangin: I thought that was funny...hahahaha! But to make things worse, not one, not two, but three of the same Masaratis I see everyday on that freeway heading towards Irvine were there because it wasn't bad enough that I was feeling terrible, I had to feel dirt poor too. To top it off, once I get off the exit, I see an absolutely gorgeous black Lamborghini with black tints. I was drooling.

Then, I go to my everyone-is-super-rich-(but me and my dirt poor with me friend Eddie)-because-daddy-owns-a-huge-company-and-buys-me-a-brand-new-super-expensive-car-every-semester, and this super filthy rich Palestinian chick tells me how disgusting the huge break in my front windshield is and how I shouldn't buy a new windshield, but completely buy a new car. Mmmhmm...yea, because I can really afford that... :bangin: And mind you, this is a chick who had a gorgeous brand new Mercedes SLK at the start of Fall Semester 2006 and used to speed up on speed bumps that would smash the bottom of her car and later tore her back bumper off, so for this semester, her daddy bought her a beautiful Range Rover, which, of course, she still treats like sh*t.

All I can tell her is, "Thank you for thinking my car is such a piece of sh*t...thanks because I really need to feel more like sh*t right now. Thanks. I appreciate it." I mean, I really don't care because it's just a car, but it's like...thanks for kicking me when I'm down...I appreciate it. :ban:

As if this isn't bad enough, I miss my morning class and only make it to two classes because I can't go to my last class since the district leader at Blockbuster wanted me to come into work along with the store manager and another co-worker because I got a customer complaint (It's about time I did! But that's besides the point...). I leave at rush hour and it takes me 2.5 hours to get to Diamond Bar. So, I go to Blockbuster and before I clock in, I go behind the counter to check my schedule for tomorrow (or today, I should say) to make sure I come in on time because sometimes they make last minute changes and don't bother telling me about it and I get written up by my district leader even though my store manager was cool with me checking it and it was all because I "wasn't on the clock." Who cares? Everyone freakin' does it! I swear...she hates me ever since I defended one of my former managers, who was the freakin' best at everything he did, and she hated him so she gave me this satanic death stare. I swear..she's like the wicked witch of the west. She ALWAYS tries to make excuses to get me written up. She even told another one of my store managers, whose a good friend of mine, that she wanted me to get fired. And I'm the best freakin' worker there! I EVEN help the newest manager manage his things! I get pissed off at her and start throwing random obscenities out there and she gets angry, but only tells me that if I keep cursing, she'll write me up again, so I do, but she doesn't follow through. I REALLY wanted to tell her that I quit and thrown the schedule book at her, but I want to get a better job before I quit this one. I was waiting to complete a year here before moving on to another job, but I honestly don't want to anymore. But then again, do I really want to put the time and effort into training all over again? Marit reesha!

I drive ALL the way back to freakin' Diamond Bar for that because some random Asian lady decided to write a complaint about how we closed the store 5 minutes early and apparently that's my fault. What the hell? I'm a freakin' CSR!! Managers choose the shut down time and that's ALWAYS at midnight. We can't change that unless we get approval from our District Leader. But I didn't even get written up for that! I got written up for a stupid schedule check when I'm off the clock!! AHHHH!

I hate this place! On a good note, I saw my former manager come in and he's a really cool guy as well as a good friend of mine. So, that made it a TAD better...but still!

Then, I get to come home to my completely empty room because they broke down the walls that made up my closet, so I have no furniture in there and I have to shooyanah doochteeh al ara and I can hear the echoes of my keystrokes...

linda

All I can say i WOW!!! I'm so sorry to hear that Ashuriena, and yes I read the whole thing.  I would of went nuts if all that happened to me, but I'm glad you're ok with the accident and just start looking for a new job.  Then quit this one, you don't need all the stress. :bigarmhug:

Ashuriena

I'm just cursed. Hahahahahaha! Or according to my relatives...I'm just the "devil's child!" Hahahaha, oh well.

Thanks though!!! Yea, I'm good with the accident. Stupid retarded truck drivers that don't have their cargo tied properly. This is the 4th time its happened to me. First it was oranges, second it was wooden 4x4s, third it was steel sheets, and this time it was steel cylinders. All of those hit my car and numerous other cars, but there have been a bunch of times when I've swerved enough not to get hit, like this one time I was coming back from my old job and a couch fell towards my car. I swerved into the carpool lane when I was driving alone and there was a cop directly behind me, but the cop understood that and didn't say anything about it.

And yea, I need to quit!! But I need to find a new job first. I'm so going to pull a Half-Baked type ending when I quit Blockbuster...you know..the whole, "F*** you, f*** you, you're cool, f*** you, I'm out!" to all my co-workers. Hahahahahaha!

Ashuriena

This is actually kind of a funny vent. Today, our entire server crashed for Blockbuster since morning and we had to do EVERYTHING manually because Blockbuster is too greedy to close. This one regular angry, big, fat, bald customer that always comes in got super angry at me today because he said that I knew he was coming in and that I purposely made the server crash so that he could have to go to lengths to get his movies. I laughed and said, "yea...sure, I did" and big mistake--he reached over the counter and tried to hit me. I ducked, but it was so funny because he was so angry and he hit the computer monitor instead. OMG...I was dying! I laughed so hard...it was great. And he just threw the movies at me and hit the pillar instead and walked out enraged and all. It was great! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Hookah

I hate c*cksmokers in suvs that drive like idiots when its snows.  Especially the ones who drive "compact suvs" with smaller engines than my lawnmower but decide that they want to showoff their four wheel drive and try to pass everybody even though there's a g*ddamn blizzard going on. 

BeLLaMaFIa

Hookah said:
I hate c*cksmokers in suvs that drive like idiots when its snows.  Especially the ones who drive "compact suvs" with smaller engines than my lawnmower but decide that they want to showoff their four wheel drive and try to pass everybody even though there's a g*ddamn blizzard going on. 
and i thoguth it was only me!!! u know how many suvs i cursed out today?!?!! all flying by me like the road is perfectly clear and their vision is perfect.. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!  :ranting:  evne if they go fast and have 4 wheel drive or whatever can't they still slide if they brake really quick??  :ban:

baklawa

Ashuriena said:
This is actually kind of a funny vent. Today, our entire server crashed for Blockbuster since morning and we had to do EVERYTHING manually because Blockbuster is too greedy to close. This one regular angry, big, fat, bald customer that always comes in got super angry at me today because he said that I knew he was coming in and that I purposely made the server crash so that he could have to go to lengths to get his movies. I laughed and said, "yea...sure, I did" and big mistake--he reached over the counter and tried to hit me. I ducked, but it was so funny because he was so angry and he hit the computer monitor instead. OMG...I was dying! I laughed so hard...it was great. And he just threw the movies at me and hit the pillar instead and walked out enraged and all. It was great! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
OMG, Ashuriena! I can't believe someone took a swing at you :ranting: Will he be allowed back in the store?!

Ashuriena

Hahahaha, but it was so funny! He was so angry and he missed! He called corporate to report me and he said he demanded an apology from me. Pfft! Yea, right! Hahahaha, I didn't do anything and there were so many witnesses. My district leader (even though she hates my guts) said he wouldn't be allowed in any store in the entire district. Hahahaha!

BeLLaMaFIa

Ashuriena said:
ur cracking up when someone tried hitting u!!?!? lol.. u kill me i swear.. i would've called the cops on his ass and have him arrested..that's so messed up! and he's so pathetic to get mad over somethign so stupid.. be careful ashuriena u never know nowadays.. just make sure ur cautious when u leave work.. cuz he seems liek a lunatic  :blink:

Ashuriena

No one else sees the humor in this? Hahahaha, maybe you guys should've been there. All the customers in the store started laughing at him too. Hahahahahaha!

Ashuriena

I WILL NEVER LOOK AT RITE AID IN THE SAME WAY AGAIN!

I just saw a 65 year old woman buy a bottle of KY and some Trojans! AHHHHHH!

BeLLaMaFIa

:giggle: :giggle: :giggle:

i love how ppl think u have to break the rules for them.. like they're special.. ufh good thing u gave him a reality check!!  :bangin:

Status
Not open for further replies.