• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Newspaper Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phiruel

I used this topic to post old dutch newspaper archives about the Assyrians.
I?ll soon try to translate the articles I posted. They are from 1925-1936

chaldean

Again, notice the "Rev. j. B. Werda of New York, a natlver of Assyria,"

United States Of America | Massachusetts | Fitchburg | Fitchburg Daily Sentinel | 1917-10-11

chaldean

United States Of America | Ohio | Zanesville | Times Recorder, The | 1948-06-18

United States Of America | Nebraska | Lincoln | Nebraska State Journal | 1937-09-20

United States Of America | West Virginia | Charleston | Charleston Gazette, The | 1951-04-08

chaldean

a big page, but a VERY INTERSTING one indeed. Check out the map of ASSYRO-CHALDEA
United States Of America | Georgia | Atlanta | Atlanta Constitution, The | 1921-06-19
http://img127.imageshack.us/img127/9885/assyrochaldxr6.jpg

LOOK AT THIS BEAUTIFUL WORDS!!
United States Of America | California | Oakland | Oakland Tribune | 1923-02-11
"Below-?Astyro-Chaldean soldiers who are ready to fight for Independence"

Here's the rest;
http://img127.imageshack.us/my.php?image=assyrochaldvq7.jpg

chaldean

United States Of America | Indiana | Fort Wayne | Fort Wayne News, The | 1915-03-27

116 years ago!

United States Of America | Iowa | Cedar Rapids | Cedar Rapids Evening Gazette, The | 1895-11-16

chaldean

United States Of America | Minnesota | Albert Lea | Freeborn County Standard, The | 1896-07-22

Christians were a bigger % of Mosul Kingdom 109 years ago. Kurds and Arabs are new to the area.

GGBW

chaldean said:
United States Of America | Minnesota | Albert Lea | Freeborn County Standard, The | 1896-07-22

Christians were a bigger % of Mosul Kingdom 109 years ago. Kurds and Arabs are new to the area.
Chaldean,

Please send me the full reference for this - it is pertaining to research I am doing on the area:  waleeta@gmail.com

Thank you SO much in advance.

chaldean

Waleeta, that specific article is actually about Armenians. It is talking about Armenia as a nation, hence the "the country is bounded by the south by a kindgom of Mosul". But unfortunatly, I dont have access to the website anymore cause my free trial is over. Anyone can do the 7 day trial if they want, I strongly suggest it. I only did a small research and look at what I dug out. If one has the time, they can find some really great things. Just make sure you cancel it before the 7 days!

Regards

Salem

chaldean said:
Look at this. More then 120 years old, talking about probably the first assyrians in america
Lima Democratic Times, The 
Monday, January 23, 1888 Lima, Ohio
This is amazing, 1888!!!

I wonder if their descendants know that they're Assyrian. 

chaldean said:
Again, notice the "Rev. j. B. Werda of New York, a natlver of Assyria,"
The Rev. a graduate of various American institutions of learning. Back in 1917!!! This is absolutely incredible.

chaldean, an awesome job as usual mate, khayya ganokh aziza.

Free_Assyria

I can?t believe how much info there is out there on old newspaper articles I got 1000's of results just from one paper via our state library.

Salem

Driv3r said:
I can?t believe how much info there is out there on old newspaper articles I got 1000's of results just from one paper via our state library.

Abha is Saudi Arabia, and what's this business of Arabs in Assyria!!!

I reckon these newspapers didn't know any better, so they called so many regions Assyria.lol

Phiruel

Driv3r said:
Thats great.... Keep posting guys. I'm going to send all these newspaper archives to the Seyfo center institute  :)

Status
Not open for further replies.