• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Name in Assyrian

assyriansoldier

Okay, so first off hey everyone!
This is my first post - I'm Ninos and I live in the UK :)
It'll be great to meet fellow Assyrians, and keep the culture alive online!

But anyway, as I said my name is Ninos - now I thought that this would be the best category to post it.
How do you write 'Ninos' in Assyrian? (I know no Alphabet, but I am currently learning and hoping to go to an Assyrian Lessons soon -- oh and yes I can speak the language)

thanks for your help :)
(also would like to know how to write 'Sanharib' if possible, and Jaffar(? -- I guess the sort of Middle Eastern version to the English name 'Geoff/Jeff')

Carlo

ܫܠܡܐ ܢܝܢܘܣ (Shlama Ninos)

Why wait to go to lessons when you can learn the alphabet right here? :)

Hopefully you have the fonts installed to be able to read this. Without vowels, the names are:

Ninos: ܢܝܢܘܣ
Sanharib: ܣܢܚܪܝܒ
Jaffar: can't really write this name as the "j" sound isn't native to Assyrian, but "ܔܦ̮ܪ" or "ܓ̰ܦ̮ܪ" are very loose transcriptions.

Carlo said:
ܫܠܡܐ ܢܝܢܘܣ (Shlama Ninos)

Why wait to go to lessons when you can learn the alphabet right here? :)

Hopefully you have the fonts installed to be able to read this. Without vowels, the names are:

Ninos: ܢܝܢܘܣ
Sanharib: ܣܢܚܪܝܒ
Jaffar: can't really write this name as the "j" sound isn't native to Assyrian, but "ܔܦ̮ܪ" or "ܓ̰ܦ̮ܪ" are very loose
transcriptions.
Carlo, what kind of font is it you are using, I like it