Muslims more successful at enforcing their religion from next generation

Muslims more successful at enforcing their religion from generation to generation

An academic study by Cardiff University shows that the proportion of adult Muslims actively practising the faith they were brought up in as children was 77%. That compares with 29% of Christians and 65% of other religions.

The study also found that 98% of Muslim children surveyed said they had the religion their parents were brought up in, compared with 62% of Christians and 89% of other religions.

Source: http://www.secularism.org.uk/news/2012/02/muslims-more-successful-at-enforcing-their-religion-from-generation-to-generation

too bad all these parents hard work is going to waste when the kids grow up and likely become Atheists... Atheism is very much rising, Atheism is the fastest growing "faith" in Australia for one thing.

I believe the future will become more Christian-based Atheism than a Muslim or Islamic-based Atheist one.

mrzurnaci said:
too bad all these parents hard work is going to waste when the kids grow up and likely become Atheists... Atheism is very much rising, Atheism is the fastest growing "faith" in Australia for one thing.

I believe the future will become more Christian-based Atheism than a Muslim or Islamic-based Atheist one.
Unless if it's at the beginning of a sentence, the first letter in 'atheist/atheism' is not supposed to be capitalized. :mrgreen:

Neon said:
Unless if it's at the beginning of a sentence, the first letter in 'atheist/atheism' is not supposed to be capitalized. :mrgreen:

I'm too worried about our native language to care about English grammar. English has plenty of people working on it, can we say the same for Syriac?

mrzurnaci said:
I'm too worried about our native language to care about English grammar. English has plenty of people working on it, can we say the same for Syriac?
False equivalence.

Derp.

Neon said:
We were speaking of English grammar. Not sure why Syriac intruded (as the subject didn't revolve around it)?

should probably return to the topic at hand. Muslims are only as "successful" as keeping their kids as indoctrinated shut ins with the community. The "Liberal" idea is that by being inclusive with them, they'll be influenced by the surrounding cultures and eventually secularize.

Most Muslims have already seen through this and defend themselves against this by forming contiguous communities or Muslim ghettos.

Back