Most common Assyrian names?

Cascade

Although not of Assyrian origin, but common in our nationality is the name 'David'; which is rather annoyingly overused. When will we stop naming our sons that? I come across a lot of Davids amongst the Assyrians. Go yell out David in a room of around 100 Assyrians you'll get to see around 15-20 hands up.  :lol:

Of course, no offense to the folks named David.  :)

These are some common names in Assyrian from my point of view: Linda, Ashur, Sargon, Yousif, Diana, Rita, Dina, Daniel, Nina....Any more common names?

BQ: What are some names that we Assyrians use too much?

that depends, are the names Secular or Religious?

Also, Arabic, Kurdish, Turkish, Hebrew or Assyrian (Both Aramaic and Akkadian) In origin?

in a room full of assyrians, i think theres got to be at least a few Ashor's, Ashorina's, Atour's, Nahrens, etc. lol

Neon said:
Although not of Assyrian origin, but common in our nationality is the name 'David'; which is rather annoyingly overused. When will we stop naming our sons that? I come across a lot of Davids amongst the Assyrians. Go yell out David in a room of around 100 Assyrians you'll get to see around 15-20 hands up.  :lol:

Of course, no offense to the folks named David.  :)

These are some common names in Assyrian from my point of view: Linda, Ashur, Sargon, Yousif, Diana, Rita, Dina, Daniel, Nina....Any more common names?

BQ: What are some names that we Assyrians use too much?

HAHAHA this made my day.

http://web.brikha.net/Home/Boys these are some Asssyrian names, most aren't that common though.

Back