Modern Assyrians: Fact or Fraud

I found this blog about Modern Assyrians not being descendants from the ancient Assyrians. I didn't read it all, as I can already tell it is BS, but the guy who wrote this is pretending to be Fred Parhad, the Assyrian Sculptor, which goes to show you that people are willing to impersonate other people just so they can "prove" we are not Assyrians.

http://modernassyrians.blogspot.com.au/

nope, We have evidence that we called ourselves Assyrian before the Western missionaries were even born...

mrzurnaci said:
nope, We have evidence that we called ourselves Assyrian before the Western missionaries were even born...

We can show these anti-assyrians all the proof in the world but they will still deny our existence :/

SonOfAssyria said:
We can show these anti-assyrians all the proof in the world but they will still deny our existence :/

That's because they have middle eastern mindset: stand your position, even if you're wrong.
OR they have an ulterior motive...

it's like what americans say:
definition-of-stupid-knowing-the-truth-seeing-the-truth-but-still-believing-the-lies-quote-1.jpg

mrzurnaci said:
That's because they have middle eastern mindset: stand your position, even if you're wrong.
OR they have an ulterior motive...

it's like what americans say:
definition-of-stupid-knowing-the-truth-seeing-the-truth-but-still-believing-the-lies-quote-1.jpg

Very true bro.
If we truly want the Chaldean/Aramean/Syriac separatists to unite with us again we need to break through this mindset. Unity is the first step in accomplishing anything for us

SonOfAssyria said:
Very true bro.
If we truly want the Chaldean/Aramean/Syriac separatists to unite with us again we need to break through this mindset. Unity is the first step in accomplishing anything for us

Unity isn't going to happen with the old generation of Assyrians though, they've lived with the mindset to decades, they're not gonna change anytime soon. The younger generations are already doing better and our situation is starting to improve. the separatists are becoming smaller and smaller in numbers.

This guy is obviously not an Assyrian and clearly lacks knowledge about us.

Just because we're not 100% and full descendants of ancient Assyrians, doesn't mean we're not Assyrian. Heck, Obama is 50% African and people would nearly always call him black.

If we as Assyrians truly wish to be united, we must learn how to actually accomplish this. I have realized we can rarely ever beat the "Chaldeans" and "Arameans" in a debate AND get them to start calling themselves Assyrian just by throwing facts at them. Like Zurnaci said, they have that stubborn Middle-Eastern mindset. We must find new ways to break through this stubborn mindset and get them to see reality and educate them out of their brainwashing, and I believe this unity needs to happen in around 5 years, max 10 years, if we have any chance of having our homeland back...

Back