Maronites are Assyrians

tihe-othur said:
yazidi and zazas and millions of kurds aren;t really kurds, but do share lots of the same ancestry and gettingh labeled as kurds.

basically you shouyld unite all christians in the midde east except for armenians and other non semitic ones. call them all assyrian/syriacs. do not say i consider you as non-assyrian. do the opposite and groups of them willl learn to do so. if we get a christian/assyrian region in iraq, the first thing to do is unite everybody.

unfortunately kurds ans arabs know that an assyrian autonomy can do only one thing, become bigger and bigger, and that;s why they aren;t letting us do that. they just know the region will grow. every iraq of assyrian blood will be able to become assyrian/christian again and live a live without islam. so belive me they know this and will prevent it. the region will be rich, and poor maronites or rich ones and other can come there. live/study/invest... all the things they (muslims) don't want us to do.

------

most nations in the world accept they sons from the dispora back. armeniand from the US can get armenian id immediately. greeks to. evey nation, except lebanon. because the majoriy of lebanesen (90%) is christian. in lebanon muslims are. if the country accepted lebanese back. millions would return. from brazil, mexico and ivest there,, it;s all about religion and stuff. do some research and find it out yourself.that

the thing with these yazidis and zaza they have kurdish as language and even their cultur are very simailar as kurdish but I wish all marioniets could consider themselevs as Assyrians but the truth is they dont, thats the hard part..

khayaatour said:
the thing with these yazidis and zaza they have kurdish as language and even their cultur are very simailar as kurdish but I wish all marioniets could consider themselevs as Assyrians but the truth is they dont, thats the hard part..

Actually Zaza people speak Zazaki which is in linguistics considered as an independent language from Kurmanji and Sorani. Zaza people are also split, some see themselves as Turks but most do see themselves as Kurds or simply Zazakis.

Yazidis are more Assyrian in culture than Kurdish and an Assyrian ancestry of the Yezidis is academically more supported than a Kurdish one.

Maronites are pure Assyrians, who have until the 18th century spoken western Assyrian daily and til this day have kept it as their liturgy language. They are proud people and among our finest and were able to resist both the Arabs conquests and kept an autonomy within the Ottoman Empire. We need to embrace them as our own as they are originally a part of the nation, whether we want it or not.

Hanuni said:
Actually Zaza people speak Zazaki which is in linguistics considered as an independent language from Kurmanji and Sorani. Zaza people are also split, some see themselves as Turks but most do see themselves as Kurds or simply Zazakis.

Yazidis are more Assyrian in culture than Kurdish and an Assyrian ancestry of the Yezidis is academically more supported than a Kurdish one.

Maronites are pure Assyrians, who have until the 18th century spoken western Assyrian daily and til this day have kept it as their liturgy language. They are proud people and among our finest and were able to resist both the Arabs conquests and kept an autonomy within the Ottoman Empire. We need to embrace them as our own as they are originally a part of the nation, whether we want it or not.

well I meet some zazaki in Germany, they were friends of my cousins and according them they speak kurmanji but little bit differents than the rest of the kurmanji speaker...

Yaizidi? what language they speak home? as far I know and I have friends in Malm? but also in Stockholm they speak kurdish and have kurdish as language, clutur and tradition I dont know but you will see them more kurds than like us believe me...

khayaatour said:
well I meet some zazaki in Germany, they were friends of my cousins and according them they speak kurmanji but little bit differents than the rest of the kurmanji speaker...

Yaizidi? what language they speak home? as far I know and I have friends in Malm? but also in Stockholm they speak kurdish and have kurdish as language, clutur and tradition I dont know but you will see them more kurds than like us believe me...

Zazi is as previously stated an independent language, but it can be included into the various Kurdish languages due to it's similarities with Kurmanji. If two genuine Kurmanji and Zaza speakers talk to each other, they will have a really hard time to understand each other.

Yezidis speak most of the times Kurmanji at home, however this does not mean that they are Kurds, just as the Assyrians who speak Arabic at home aren't Arabs even though they've been partly arabized. Yezidi culture is more similar to Assyrian culture than Indo-Iranian Kurdish, trust me, most of their traditions are Mesopotamian.

Zazaki and Kurmanji are worlds away from one another, they're not the same language, the difference between them is like Kurmanji to Farsi, however Zazaki and Gorani are in the same family, while Kurmanji and Sorani are the same language, even though they don't understand one another completely.

As far as the Yizidies and Zazas go, if they don't claim to be Kurdish then they are not Kurdish, Kurds claim every group in the region to be Kurdish, so these Iranic minority speakers are easy targets, they even try to include Lurs in there.

Hanuni said:
Zazi is as previously stated an independent language, but it can be included into the various Kurdish languages due to it's similarities with Kurmanji. If two genuine Kurmanji and Zaza speakers talk to each other, they will have a really hard time to understand each other.

Yezidis speak most of the times Kurmanji at home, however this does not mean that they are Kurds, just as the Assyrians who speak Arabic at home aren't Arabs even though they've been partly arabized. Yezidi culture is more similar to Assyrian culture than Indo-Iranian Kurdish, trust me, most of their traditions are Mesopotamian.

Reggardin Yazidis, you saying they are speaking kurdish because of kurdification and you comparing them with Assyrians..we know that many Assyrians speaks arabic cause they cant Assyrians but we have Assyrian who does speak Assyrian language, like what we are talking, we have language as ashub but Yazidi doesnt have any other language than Kurdish, they are speaking,writiting kurdish, even when they pray they pray in kurdish not any yazidi language...

Yazidi does not have any language than Kurdish
Yazidi are wearing Kurdish cloeth and arabic
Yaizid are writting and praying in Kurdish language
Yazidi are populated among kurds not outside so called Kurdistan, even in Mardin
Most of Yazidi considering themsleves as Kurdish but not as muslims
Musik and dance is all kurdish..

what do we need more to prove that they are Assyrians?

just tell me pls...

I am waiting for the day when everything is so ****ed up and blown up in the middle east, when there are no state borders left because they bombed the hell out of them, and most of the Kurds, Arabs, Turks, iranians and all the other Muslims are gone or turned christens. I am hoping that they will want to start something new and with true freedom, and that they will identify themselves as ASSYRIANS as many of them used to be over 2000 years ago, they will want to have a country called Assyria which will have all of Mesopotamia in its borders....

OF course we Assyrians will come just after everything is blown up and messed up, and "help" them and "convince" them 

Again like many have said in this topic, YOU ARE ONLY ASSYRIAN IF YOU WANT TO BE ASSYRIAN, and nothing else makes a difference...

the_dave said:
I am waiting for the day when everything is so ****ed up and blown up in the middle east, when there are no state borders left because they bombed the hell out of them, and most of the Kurds, Arabs, Turks, iranians and all the other Muslims are gone or turned christens. I am hoping that they will want to start something new and with true freedom, and that they will identify themselves as ASSYRIANS as many of them used to be over 2000 years ago, they will want to have a country called Assyria which will have all of Mesopotamia in its borders....

OF course we Assyrians will come just after everything is blown up and messed up, and "help" them and "convince" them   

Again like many have said in this topic, YOU ARE ONLY ASSYRIAN IF YOU WANT TO BE ASSYRIAN, and nothing else makes a difference...

I understand how  you feel but you have to be realistics, I dont think muslims will convert to Christianity just like that and call themselves for Assyrians, no no..its only a dream we want to be truth but in reality its too long.....even if some muslims became christians that doesnt mean they will leave their cultur and their idenitity....like those Iranians, they are christians but they are more Iranians nationalists then a muslims iranian...

Maronites are the closest related ethnic groups to us. But they are NOT Assyrian. They are their own distinct ethnicity. They may have a bit of Assyrian in them, just the way we have Armenian or Hebrew, but they're still their own ethnicity, which descends from Phoenicians.

Back