• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

marijuana

Alchemist

yes, and whats worse .. the poor people of peru and bolivia, INCLUDING children chew the leaves to numb themselves from feeling hunger because they cannot afford food... theres a sight for you ... westerners can starve themselves with made up diseases such as bulimia and anorexia, meanwhile there are kids that have no food and have to settle for numbing away their hunger..... what a wonderful world

atourina

shoemaker said:
all this fighting wouldnt be going on if we were all stoned.

let that be a lesson to all of you....

and that is why i'm stoned right now... and with that in mind...

:bigarmhug: to lady mideast.. :mrgreen:

and good night :)

winged angel

:baby: So i got bored and started reading up on this thread and found it quite entertaining. Skipper and a few others have posted quite accurate remarks regarding the pitiful downfalls of the drug, whereas a few select others have gone on babbling like idiotic little sixteen year olds. Fact of the matter is, marijuana is a drug that has not been proven to be physically addictive, yet it is highly mentally addictive.

The levels of THC found in the drug are damaging to several different areas of the brain, to the extent where it is irreversible. To speak of such a controversial issue in an ignorant manner is lame, and really, leaves you looking like an uninformed fool. As another said, to each their own, just make educated decisions. No I am not proclaiming to be Mother Mary, I just find it quite irritating when fools comment on a subject with no premise. They just babble to sound modernized. Amen.
:banned:

shoemaker

winged angel said:
:baby: So i got bored and started reading up on this thread and found it quite entertaining. Skipper and a few others have posted quite accurate remarks regarding the pitiful downfalls of the drug, whereas a few select others have gone on babbling like idiotic little sixteen year olds. Fact of the matter is, marijuana is a drug that has not been proven to be physically addictive, yet it is highly mentally addictive.

The levels of THC found in the drug are damaging to several different areas of the brain, to the extent where it is irreversible. To speak of such a controversial issue in an ignorant manner is lame, and really, leaves you looking like an uninformed fool. As another said, to each their own, just make educated decisions. No I am not proclaiming to be Mother Mary, I just find it quite irritating when fools comment on a subject with no premise. They just babble to sound modernized. Amen.
:banned:

if its mentally addictive, it has nothing to do with the drug. Its the person. Hey, everytime there is a leaf game..i HAVE to watch it....is that hockey's fault or mine???

and if the drug is as bad as you people say it is....then again..please tell me why it is used for medicinal purposes, and why it is legal in some countries.

alcohol and smokes kill thousands and thousands of people, and yet, weed gets the bad rep. But what do i know...i'm probably one of those uniformed fools.

skipper

THC works on the reward center of your brain therefore inducing the release of dopamine from your brain---this action becomes addictive

yes, not all people who have or do weed are addicted by there is about 40% of people who cannot absolutly stop smoking it because without it they go through withdraw syndromes due to the lack of exictitation of the reward center of the brain---

some countries have it legalized because the cost of enforcing the law on marijuana is too high--might as well legalize it and tax it---(if you notice in the begining of this thread i did state it should be legalized and taxed)--with that said, i am not agreeing to the fact it is harmless

the medical use of marijuana is worthless and just a cheap argument for steps in its legalization---there are more effective drugs out there than marijuana for glucoma, nausea and for increasing apepitite

there are arguments for the medical uses of cocaine, heroin, and even now people are arguing the use of Ecstasy--

anything can develop a medical use and that doesnt mean it is heathly and harmless, without any side effects----

it is fine if you smoke it--just dont argue it is harmless---realize there are side effects---you might be lucky and not be predisposed to the effects (thank your parents for a good genetic makeup), but there are people out there that once they start cannot stop until their hippocampus is destroyed completely and they go through life without a functioning short term memory or the ability to recall long term memory---

skipper

chaldean86

yeah weed does have its effects... those who say it won't harm you need to research that shit. It gives a good feeling when ur 'high' but then it also carries the downsides to it... hangovers, exhaustion, short-term memory loss, and possibly more medical conditions.

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
This topic is to too serious not to be moved to the "Serious Discussions" forum. It will be moved soon. I hope it doesn't die when it is moved :mrgreen:

ASHOOR

shoemaker

i dont think anyone is saying that weed is good for you....but between weed, alcohol and cigarettes, i think weed is the lesser evil.

It is only really harmfull when you abuse it, and when you abuse those other 2 i mentioned, it is a lot worse.

as far as all drugs go, in my opinion anyway, it is the least harmful to you.

not to say ive done every drug out there........ :angelnot:

ramsiN

this is hilarious, thiers 2 ways to the theory that pot is addictive

i am a pot head, i am addicted to pot and will say it out with pride, it makes me alot more calm then i usually am.

weed in a sense is not addictive, this being regular pot, also known as regs or stress. not enough thc inside of stress for your body to become physically dependent to. the newer pot out thier, been out for over a couple decades now, is different, way way different. this weed known as dank or hydro is purposly grown with enormous amounts of thc, hydro is grown chemicaly at times, which i believe does cause a level of dependency. ive also experimented with this, when i first started smokin pot it wus regular weed, made me tired, depressed and never really fiend for it so i wus able to quit for 2 years, when i restarted on dro and other danks, thats when i started to feel as if ok i need this shit jus to stay calm, im not the only one my whole group of family and friends that smoke will agree on this one. as far as it makes you retarded, alcohol does the same, ive stated previously before if you avoid smoking weed out of metal bowls or foileys, foileys are custom made bowls rolled out of aluminum paper, you wont have that "memory loss" as so many ppl swear weed does to you, its the metal you smoke that fries your brain more then the pot and leaves your ass vulnerable to schizophrenia in the future. so in a sense yes it is addictive, but at the same time no it isnt, all depends on what type of pot your smoking and how often your smoking it.

yes weed does impair your judgement and yes it does do slight harm to your body, but cigarettes and alcohol do more yet ppl embrace these drugs. pot in no way impairs ur judgement newhere close to what alcohol does, and is nearly nowhere as dangerous as cigarettes, sure pot has more tar but cigarettes contain the cancer causin chemicals so i really dont want ppl to start postin it causes cancer, in some terminal cases of cancer pot is prescribed to ease the pain.... every1 has thier own opinion and i guess we have to respect that, i for one am ALL for legalizing weed, some ppl like to come home after a long ass day and have a few drinks to relax, others like us like to come home n smoke a bowl/joint/blunt and relax.

skipper

my whole argument is to disprove the theory that marijuana is harmless, which the majority of the posters here who claim

i personally havent argued that cigarettes and alcohol are any better---

my argument is pot will fire your brain cells and there are a lot of research out there to prove that

pot becomes addictive to SOME PEOPLE---i am glad that none of you here are truly addicted that is good but there are people who become heavily addicted

why do these people become addicted will most likely it is due to their genetic make up--they have genetic variation that once they smoke pot they become dependent on it---most people may not have this variation---

those people are the people that will DAMAGE their hippocampus region and destroy their ability for short term memory and long term memory recall---

if you smoke a joint once in a while will you suffer this NO, but your risk of damaging your brain cells does increase---just as the person who smokes a cigar once in a while will he develop Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Esophagus--probably not but has his risk of developing it increase--YES

the argument that marijuana relieves the pain of late term cancer is point less cause i argue so does Morphine, Cocaine, Heroin, and Ecstasy---

is that a true medical use for pot no---is it an excuse for steps into legalization yes---should they legalize it and tax it--yes, why not people will smoke it might as will make money off them

another side note that i know you guys will argue against

the drug that is a great predictor for the use of Cocaine is Pot---people who smoke pot are more likely to use cocaine then other people

by the way the metal isnt the only cause for memory damage--it is the over activation of the neurons in your brain that secrete dopamine that leads to their destruction---this is caused by THC

skipper

shoemaker

skipper said:
the drug that is a great predictor for the use of Cocaine is Pot---people who smoke pot are more likely to use cocaine then other people

skipper

this is true but for different reasons. The fact of the matter is that weed is the easiest drug to get a hold of, so thats why this stat works. IF some kid wants to start doing drugs, then the easiest drug to get a hold of is weed.

So is really has nothing to do with the drug itself, but that fact that it is more accessible.

But the reason why people start doing other drugs instead of weed is because weed isnt that big a deal.

MXJSPH

"whereas a few select others have gone on babbling like idiotic little sixteen year olds"

..Thanks winged angel, I try.

And shoemaker, a lesser evil is still an evil :bangin:

Joy

chaldean86 said:
legalize it or leave it illegal? and whyyy?

should be legalized only for ones who have ''Terminal illness'' and those who r facing a life time pain, such as cancer patient. it has a therapeutic vertues.

ps/ i didnt read all the replies :blush2: