• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

marijuana

skipper

marijuana does screw with your brain pretty good--

it affects the hippocampus which is the key part of the brain involved in memory and memory formation

furthermore THC which is the active compound of marijuana has the same effect as other drugs which is to go to your brain and cause the release of dopamine in your reward center of your brain---

further more the active compound THC will bind to receptors in your cerebellum and basal ganglia to result in impaired motor movements, coordination, and reaction times---

so it is not a benign drug---

skipper

skipper

heroin is derived from morphine which is derived from the poppy plant---hence it too comes from the earth

cocaine is derived from the coca plant---from the earth too

there are of natural things that will kill you faster than man made compounds

skipper

E

EddieBrock

skipper said:
heroin is derived from morphine which is derived from the poppy plant---hence it too comes from the earth

skipper

They come from the Earth, yea.. but they're altered or processed in one way or another. You don't just pick it and ship it. Cancer patients suffer from nausea after radiation treatment.. Marijuana is a proven anti-nauseant. Some people have trouble eating.. Marijuana encourages appetite. I can pull facts out for days.. but what's the point. I've learned not to argue regarding this matter, especially with people who just read on the topic and post facts.

To each his own I guess..

atourina

skipper said:
atourina said:
i really dont think its as bad as heroin or cocaine..

it does f*ck ur brain up pretty good.. but thats after long usages of the drug... unlike cocaine and heroin which i would think affect u right away...

i dont know anything about heroin.. never done it :)

so we should assume you have done cocaine?

skipper

assume all u want :baby:

skipper

EddieBrock said:
skipper said:

skipper

They come from the Earth, yea.. but they're altered or processed in one way or another. You don't just pick it and ship it. Cancer patients suffer from nausea after radiation treatment.. Marijuana is a proven anti-nauseant. Some people have trouble eating.. Marijuana encourages appetite. I can pull facts out for days.. but what's the point. I've learned not to argue regarding this matter, especially with people who just read on the topic and post facts.

To each his own I guess..

marijuana has anti-nauseant effects i agree but so doe Odansetron and Granisetron

Granisetron is actually way better because it is a selective 5HT-3 antagonist no effect on dopamine receptors---

neither of these two drugs have any effect on the hippocampus portion of the temporal lobe of the brain (i.e. memory formation or memory recall)

therefore why use marijuana when there are better choices---

i can list a handful of drugs that function selectively for apeptite----

by the way i dont just read topics and post them--i probably know more on the topic of brain and drug interactions than most people in this forum

skipper

MXJSPH

Funny how so many people have so much pointlessly useless things to say about a drug when there is plenty of other constructive things to talk about.

You like weed, move to the Netherlands. :)

... and look like this :mrgreen:

atourina

lmao.. last year when i was in costa rica.. there was a huge cage filled with those monkeys.. and i was pissing them off actually.. they were soo cute.. i was teasing them with the stick :mrgreen:

L33tKevin

shoemaker said:
ashoor said:
LOL ATOURINA.

I didn't read more than the first message, but I have a question:

is Marijuana as bad as heroine and cocaine, or not as bad?
If it is as bad, then don't legalize it or your society will be in more chaos.

ASHOOR

not at all ashoor.
heroine and cocaine are addictive drugs that you can OD on. Weed is really nothing...
the worse thing that can happen to you from smoking too much weed is probably throwing up after you pig out on junk food cuz you get the munchies so bad!!

Yeah, since destroying lung tissue, increasing blood pressure and heart rate and a list of other things, are really nothing actually....

skipper

marijuana is also addictive---maybe not as addictive as heroin or coke but it is still addicitive---

40% of people who use marijuana on a regular basis develop an addicition and will go suffer withdraw syndromes if they stop---for these people the only way to quit is to go through rehab----

so dont think you cannot get addicted to marijuana

skipper

atourina

im not going to rehab..

i think i COULD quit if i wanted to.. well maybe not.. cuz i smoke it everyday.. if i was dead broke.. and had noooo way of getting it.. i'd have no choice but to quit.. so.. until that day comes.. i shall slowly continue to kill myself