• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

List of contradictions and absurdities in the bible (Judaeo-Christianity)

Cascade

Crocodile Bani said:
Most of the quotes above are from the old testament which as far as I am concerned, if you believe in Jesus and are a Christian, are completely irrelevant to you.  Never understood the term Judeo-Christian because they are completely different faiths.
The New Testament contradicts itself on whether Christians should believe in the Old Testament or not.

Jesus has said, ?The Scripture cannot be broken? (John 10:35). He referred to Scripture as ?the commandment of God? (Matthew 15:3) and as the ?Word of God? (Mark 7:13). He also indicated that it was indestructible: ?Until Heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass away from the law, until all is accomplished? (Matthew 5:18).

On the other hand, Paul declares the old testament as being outdated, ?By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear? (Hebrews 8:13). So, whose words do you prefer, Jesus's or Paul's?

I use Judaeo-Christian when I'm talking about the bible as a whole. The Old Testament is not purely Christian, even though Christians may abide to it.

shekwanta

Cascade said:
I just quoted the biblical verses. I didn't even say what was on my mind or what my opinion was. Everything you saw listed up there was the bible speaking. So are you going to be angry and emotional with your own bible? :p

P.S. He's a cultural Christian. Probably still believes in a few biblical contents. You can say he's "half Christian". Lol.
I don't think you got me right. In case you didn't, what I meant was actually that I'm a very religious Christian. I would never get angry/emotional with "my own bible". If anything, I would get angry/emotional with everyone and anything else beside that! ;)

And taking verses from the bible and placing them here doesn't prove anything btw. We all know what the bible SAYS, but fewer people know what it MEANS. Instead of searching only after verses, how about you look for their meanings; I'm sure you'll find them just by looking the same way you did earlier.

I would be more open to discussion and explanation, but like I said, I get too involved in religious topics, so I'm gonna let this one go. :)

Cascade

shekwanta said:
I don't think you got me right. In case you didn't, what I meant was actually that I'm a very religious Christian. I would never get angry/emotional with "my own bible". If anything, I would get angry/emotional with everyone and anything else beside that! ;)

And taking verses from the bible and placing them here doesn't prove anything btw. We all know what the bible SAYS, but fewer people know what it MEANS. Instead of searching only after verses, how about you look for their meanings; I'm sure you'll find them just by looking the same way you did earlier.

I would be more open to discussion and explanation, but like I said, I get too involved in religious topics, so I'm gonna let this one go. :)
Not all biblical verses are figurative or metaphorical. ;)

For instance, Jesus saying "peace but a sword" meant division, not violence. Same thing with "pluck your eye out if it causes you to sin". He didn't mean it literally. Most of Jesus's words were parables.

However, the Old Testament or the Torah were literal and straightforward. Yes, so no jewelry, no tattoos and insects have four legs.

I agree with ASHOOR. I've heard some of these supposed contradictions before and I know that they have been debunked. We could spend days going through each and every one of these contradictions. Most of these contradictions are usually translation errors or taken out of context.

"The Bible is full of contradictions" is a statement that is thrown around a lot. Instead of quickly jumping to the conclusion that the Bible is full of contradictions, if you actually looked up each one of those supposed contradictions you can find an answer for each one of them.

I think it would be good to have a thread regarding the Bible and God, or even multiple threads on specific things regarding God and the Bible. I'd like to see others' perspective on these things and maybe we can all learn something new :)

Nemrud

I am not Christian, l am nothing, but because the bible doesnt accept evolution, and because the old testamente said sennacherib army got killed by divine intervention, and sennacherib said something more logic explanation about what happened, and because the bible is just a book written by people who" fortold the future", for example the destruction of Nineveh AFTER THE EVENT HAPPENED, it just cant be true. But l am cultural Christian, l go to Church but dont believe in anything, except maybe god.

Nemrud

Beside what makes christianity real but not The other hundreds of religions real, its just a religion, belief.

Nemrud

And l dont like that Churchmen trying hard to controll our people, going into politics. They should stay in Church!