Learn Classical Aramaic - Lishana Atiqa

ISay

OK, let's face it.  Today, Aramaic does not enjoy the status of being a national language.  Given that reality, it is not surprising that there are no adequate textbooks out there designed to teach you the language, as is the case with a national language like Arabic.  At least not material designed to be used in a University setting.  That being the case, we have to grab whatever is out there and make the best use of it.  Here is a new book that will hopefully make things somewhat easier for those wishing to learn the classical dialect:

http://www.lulu.com/content/5196209

My fellow Assyrians, the best way to preserve our culture in diaspora is through our language.  Learn it.  Learn it well.  And pass it on to your children and their children for generations to come.  Learning the classical dialect should improve your modern vernacular as well.  The price is very reasonable, especially when you consider the ultimate benefit of mastering your mother tongue.

Greetings dowidh and John_86,

dowidh - no, I did not write that book. It has the approval of professor Geoffrey Khan from the University of Cambridge.  It must be a good book.  I mean this guy is from a top university.  :)  Thanks for the rating John. 

Back