Ladies: Relationships with physically weaken men

mgh said:
Well most women like that comfortable feeling of protection that most men naturally offer, especially to the women they love.  As for physically weaker, it would be a slight turn off if for example, i can lift a pack of water or something, and he really can't.  It just makes a woman feel less womanly, because here she is, doing something more masculine than her own husband/boyfriend.  Not only does it take away from his manhood, but it also takes away from her womanhood, and that's why personally to me, it would be a turn off, but im not completely opposed to the idea, because for all i know the guy (who is physically weaker than me) might be the most sweetest man and the best thing to ever happen to me.  then, i guess, my emotions and feelings would overwhelm the fact that he is physically weaker than me, and i'd look past it and possibly begin a serious relationship. hopefully that answers ur question... :)

thanks for just being honest and answering the question proposed.  Thank you for not assuming where i was going with my question and just answering based on what the question asked, not what it implied in the reader's mind.

Baklawa and peaches: the question was simple.  Would you get in a serious relationship with a man who you're physically stronger than?  Physically stronger...that's it!  I'm not saying the guy is a douche or that he's not protective.  I'm saying a man who you could beat up if you wanted to.  Would you be with such a man?

As for peach's example of most guys not being attracted to butchy women, i fall in that category.  I'm programmed to like fit girls who are slimmer in build, so, i wouldn't be attracted to butchy women.  I wouldn't be with a stronger woman b/c i don't find them attractive.  I'm sure evolution has played a role in this decision, but i'm certain that genetics certainly has.  Add to this, everything i've taken in, be it from the media or from personal experience, i've found fit girls to be bonerific, whereas butchy ones are not.

jonadona said:
Does that mean you would agree to be the same weight forever? :p

10 lbs more won't kill him.  :mrgreen:  Also it's not in my genes to gain a lot of weight. (I tell that to myself all the time)

Are you scared you won't be able to pick me up Jona?  :lol:

I thought I answered the question. I said no.

I physically want a man who is bigger than me so that would automatically make him stronger than me.

I've never thought about whether or not I could beat a guy in an arm wrestle as criteria for pursuing or not pursuing a relationship.

Renee said:
I've never thought about whether or not I could beat a guy in an arm wrestle as criteria for pursuing or not pursuing a relationship.

So, you have no problem being in a serious relationship with a guy you could physically beat up? 

I'm saying I've never thought about it.

How would I know who's stronger? Would we have to have like a bench pressing comp?

Intellect and personality aside, a man physically weaker, shorter, slender is a turn off. Will I have to get the baseball bat out when he hears noises in the night? I'd feel embarassed walking out in public. But, at the same time, a guy who is gruesomely buff is a major turn off, too.

Renee said:
I'm saying I've never thought about it.

How would I know who's stronger? Would we have to have like a bench pressing comp?

the question is simple and i'm asking based on the information provided, which isn't much, but that's not the point. 
khas said:
Intellect and personality aside, a man physically weaker, shorter, slender is a turn off. Will I have to get the baseball bat out when he hears noises in the night? I'd feel embarassed walking out in public. But, at the same time, a guy who is gruesomely buff is a major turn off, too.

thanks for answering!

as for everyone else: how much of your choice do you credit to evolution?  How much towards media influences?  what about family/friends?  Genetics?  Basically, how much or how little of a choice is owed to all these influences?

Kheena I answered your question...I don't think about whether or not he's physically weaker than me, so it doesn't impact on my decision.

Renee said:
Kheena I answered your question...I don't think about whether or not he's physically weaker than me, so it doesn't impact on my decision.

no you didn't.

I don't care whether it's a great concern to you or not.  The question is simple: would you or not?  You're suggesting things but not giving a concrete answer. 

by the way, i love everyone's assumptions here.  It's as if i'm implying that you're a bad person for denying someone on the basis of their physical strength.  Well, i'm not and i don't care about that.  What i do care about is ppl being honest with themselves and saying it exactly like it is, WITHOUT ANY QUALIFIERS. 

the question is, would you be in a serious relationship with a man who is physically weaker than you, NOT, do you consider physical strength when getting in a serious relationship.

I wasn't sure if I would accept a physically Stronger Woman than me, i never been in that position...

Ironically, i was watching a Documentary on Animal behavior and how Lions, Tigers, Baboons etc would choose their Partners....

I found out that Female Lions, Tigers, Baboons would never ever accept a Male that is Weaker than them.. In fact, they would never Accept any male that is not healthy and all Males go through a long process of trying to physically prove it to them... Only then, the Females would allow the mating to begin....

I would imagine that Humans share a similar instinct in the sense Females look for a physical attraction and a healthy male  :oops: :oops:

Senalco said:
I wasn't sure if I would accept a physically Stronger Woman than me, i never been in that position...

Ironically, i was watching a Documentary on Animal behavior and how Lions, Tigers, Baboons etc would choose their Partners....

I found out that Female Lions, Tigers, Baboons would never ever accept a Male that is Weaker than them.. In fact, they would never Accept any male that is not healthy and all Males go through a long process of trying to physically prove it to them... Only then, the Females would allow the mating to begin....

I would imagine that Humans share a similar instinct in the sense Females look for a physical attraction and a healthy male  :oops: :oops:

Senalco, what if a weak lion had managed to get some bling on him, would the lioness still go for him?  :lol:

ultoMa said:
no you didn't.

I don't care whether it's a great concern to you or not.  The question is simple: would you or not?  You're suggesting things but not giving a concrete answer. 

by the way, i love everyone's assumptions here.  It's as if i'm implying that you're a bad person for denying someone on the basis of their physical strength.  Well, i'm not and i don't care about that.  What i do care about is ppl being honest with themselves and saying it exactly like it is, WITHOUT ANY QUALIFIERS. 

the question is, would you be in a serious relationship with a man who is physically weaker than you, NOT, do you consider physical strength when getting in a serious relationship.

lollll are you serious?

If I don't consider it as a factor as to whether I will date or not date someone, doesn't that answer your question?

Yaba you just love arguing

Renee said:
lollll are you serious?

If I don't consider it as a factor as to whether I will date or not date someone, doesn't that answer your question?

Yaba you just love arguing

since we're throwing around assumptions, i love to argue and you love to dance around the fire.  Stop suggesting things and say it.

What's so hard about just saying it?  You would get in a relationship with a guy who is physically weaker than you.  Simple.

ultoMa said:
since we're throwing around assumptions, i love to argue and you love to dance around the fire.  Stop suggesting things and say it.

What's so hard about just saying it?  You would get in a relationship with a guy who is physically weaker than you.  Simple.

Are you assuming your argument is firey?  :lol:

It wasn't an assumption, it was an opinion.

So unless I use the word yes or no you can't work out what I meant?

Yes I could be in a serious relationship with a guy that is physically weaker than me and yes I could be in a relationship with a guy that is physically stronger because his physical strength is NOT A CONSIDERATION when it comes to me choosing a partner.

Renee said:
It wasn't an assumption, it was an opinion.

So unless I use the word yes or no you can't work out what I meant?

Yes I could be in a serious relationship with a guy that is physically weaker than me and yes I could be in a relationship with a guy that is physically stronger because his physical strength is NOT A CONSIDERATION when it comes to me choosing a partner.

since you could be in a serious relationship with such a guy, your answer is YES.  That's all the questioned asked.  My question said nothing about whether its an issue for you or whether you consider it. 

Why not just have a poll and not allow comments?  That would save you the headache of deciphering what people mean or assume.

jonadona said:
Why not just have a poll and not allow comments?  That would save you the headache of deciphering what people mean or assume.

good call dude.  Seriously.

only problem is guys voting...but i get ya.

Back