Know of any Assyrian authors or short stories?

Hey guys, for school I'm currently undergoing a major work that entails the research and composition of a literary work that explores a main idea/concept.

I've decided to write about the Assyrian identity and how statelessness, lack of acknowledgement and the division of peoples affects an ability to identify and the bearing it has on an overall cohesive identity.

Despite this, I really want to read more stories that relate to Assyrians and Assyrian culture to help with my composition. I've already read '70,000 Assyrians' by William Saroyan, but I want more works from different people about the Assyrians. If not anything about the Assyrians, maybe you could recommend short stories/literary works that concern this theme of identity?

Whatever helps, thanks guys.

^Thanks for sharing! Never heard of the one by Leo Tolstoy.

TerrenceMalick said:
Lord Byron, famous author, wrote an amazing poem on the Assyrian campaign to capture Jerusalem titled 'The Destruction of Sennacherib'. You can read it here: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=lord+byron&rlz=1C1CHBF_en-GBAU742AU742&oq=lord+byron&aqs=chrome.0.0l6.1712j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#q=lord+byron+destruction+of+sennacherib

He also wrote a play on the fall of the Assyrian Empire titled 'Sardanapalus'.

Leo Tolstoy, famous Russian author known for 'War & Peace' and 'Anna Karenina', wrote a short story titled 'Esarhaddon, King of Assyria'.

Funnily enough, I've explored all three. Thank you for that anyway.

Back