Is Janan Sawa a Legend?

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Can we start referring to Janan as a legend? this is a matter of personal opinion of course, so let me hear yours....

This has never been debated before, but I am starting more and more people refer to him as a legend lately.

DISCUSS....

ASHOOR said:
Can we start referring to Janan as a legend?

Is a pig's a$$ pork?

I love him   :wavetowel:

He is up there in the same class as Ashur bet Sargis and Evan Agassi
I don?t think any other Assyrian singer belongs to this group these three men are legends in my book.

Janan's songs are fun to listen to at the beginning, after the 5th time or so of listening to him you start to get sick of it.  Ashur betSargis (who I like) and Evin (who I don't) have music that lives on with their fans after years and even decades.  To me ,that distinguishes between 'legend' singers and 'fad' singers.

So IMO, no he isn't a legend.

A sample of the 'rich' words used in his music:

Zerineh w zerineh, hey zerineh w zerineh, zerineh w zerineh shapirte aynokh ileh  :mrgreen:
Nina nina ninayeh, nina nina nina ninaayeh, nina brated ninwayeh, ay hawar ay hawar ninaye 

Let's not get into the non-original tunes used in the music lol, that's another subject...

hell yeah hes a legend :clap: :clap:

hes an amazing singer.. and he's been around for YEARS..  :2hearts:

Concerned Assyrian said:
Jana Sawa is good although I do not beleive that he is a legend to the standard of Evin Aghassi.

I think the Assyrian Nation will never see another legend such as Evin Aghassi who I would call the greatest singer of the Assyrian Nation to have ever lived.

He is truly the "Star of Assyria". 

:bigarmhug: :yourock:

Yes he is a legend. A legend of Hossa!

Ashoor i cant believe you are comparing him to Evin and Ashur. That is very offending lol

Sometimes us assyrians think that a singer is good only when they have good parties full of people...this just means that singer is a good perfomer nothing else..Ashur many not have packed parties but his music will live on forever because his words touch your soul more than zereneh

Only Artists who writes their own song ar Legends.this guy janan has taken Kurdish songs and convert them into Assyrians.All the kurdish people make fun of our music because og this guy .Legend are you kidding me?

:sick: His lyrics are terrible! He might be a good singer in terms of making people dance, but his lyrics don't have any meaning! What the heck is Tamboorena?

peaches said:
Yes he is a legend. A legend of Hossa!

Ashoor i cant believe you are comparing him to Evin and Ashur. That is very offending lol

Sometimes us assyrians think that a singer is good only when they have good parties full of people...this just means that singer is a good perfomer nothing else..Ashur many not have packed parties but his music will live on forever because his words touch your soul more than zereneh

Exactly!

hey you know what he is a legend and to answer a question  a tamboori is a guitar they use to play ppl just hate on him i dunno y he is a great singer did i also mention he is my uncle and godfather

I know what a tambori is, but what's tamboreena?

I'm not hating on him or anything. He's a great guy and I've met him before. But his lyrics don't exactly have much meaning to them.

My father and I were having this discussion the other day.

A good point he made was everyone gets idea's from other people that?s what happens in the music industry I kind of like the Turkish style of music he brings with his songs.

But one thing that has to be said  is Janan is a very talented singer he sings two styles one is the "Gazal" (Persian word) it means Mar yakhtet gallah to stretch ones voice.

I don?t think there is any other Assyrian singer who does sing this style or sings it better.
Usually Gazal type of singers don?t sing very good in just normal style but Janan does this very good as well. So if he does or doesn?t take signing styles from other cultures is not the issue here we are talking about his singing voice and how good it is.

B42085 you can correct me if im wrong but isn?t janan sawa from our sister church Chaldean catholic?  Janan considers himself an Assyrian and is a very proud one at that as well, a great contributor to our umtaa.

Janan will always be a legend.

I love Janan -- his music, his parties, his voice.  Is he a legend?  No.  I definitely appreciate the folkloric aspect of his songs and music, but much of it has been "borrowed" to put it nicely.  And lately I find that a lot of his songs are beginning to sound repetitive.  How often can you incorporate "soortelah" in your lyrics?!  Ok, we get it -- you like them young, but sheesh!!!  Let's hear something new!  :bangin:

Deedee shut up  :bangin:

Janan Sawa is a Legend and as one dude said, you can call Janan a King, ive liked him when i was 6 or something i like his songs and hes tunes!!! hes top and i hope he keeps caring on, because he is a LEGEND!!!!  :yourock:

baklawa said:
I love Janan -- his music, his parties, his voice.  Is he a legend?  No.  I definitely appreciate the folkloric aspect of his songs and music, but much of it has been "borrowed" to put it nicely.  And lately I find that a lot of his songs are beginning to sound repetitive.  How often can you incorporate "soortelah" in your lyrics?!  Ok, we get it -- you like them young, but sheesh!!!  Let's hear something new!  :bangin:

lool you are one of a kind bala.........and yes, that is my vent, not only with him but pretty much all Assyrian singers now a days.

ASHOOR

Back