• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Iraq vs. Spain

jacob

R O B I N said:
Anyway to watch this game online ?
For you Canadians CBC is live streaming every game.  I'm sure that's the most reliable.  Unfortunately for us down here the CBC stream is limited to Canada only.

jacob

I missed the game too but caught the highlights.  Spain looked like they controlled most of it from what I saw and it was only a matter of time before they broke through.  They had some other nice chances that were either barely wide or saved.  Not a bad showing for Iraq, but they really ought to try scoring something in this tournament.  Maybe they're saving it all up for New Zealand. haha That would be sweet.

Merengues

Looks like Bora's plans of just defending against Spain worked, we all know what Spain is capable of, I still think Iraqi could have managed a draw against Spain despite playing so defensively, there was chances here n there in which Iraq could have scored, one mistake and one goal that was all that Spain needed.

GodismyJudge

Merengues said:
Looks like Bora's plans of just defending against Spain worked, we all know what Spain is capable of, I still think Iraqi could have managed a draw against Spain despite playing so defensively, there was chances here n there in which Iraq could have scored, one mistake and one goal that was all that Spain needed.
You really think Iraq had a chance at a draw? You must be kidding. Spain played on 60% ( why 100% Iraq has a rubbish team). If they played on 100% they would crush Iraq.

jonadona

GodismyJudge said:
You really think Iraq had a chance at a draw? You must be kidding. Spain played on 60% ( why 100% Iraq has a rubbish team). If they played on 100% they would crush Iraq.
Spain didn't play on 60%.  Iraq played a quality defensive game and they executed it very well. 

GodismyJudge

jonadona said:
Spain didn't play on 60%.  Iraq played a quality defensive game and they executed it very well. 
Naah some of the Spanish player weren't really at their 100%. Even with a defensive game like that Spain would have score more if they focused more.

jonadona

GodismyJudge said:
Naah some of the Spanish player weren't really at their 100%. Even with a defensive game like that Spain would have score more if they focused more.
If I am focused 100% of the time, then I would be a footballer...  We all would be.

GodismyJudge

jonadona said:
If I am focused 100% of the time, then I would be a footballer...  We all would be.
Hehe. I watched the game and I didn't see the Spain I saw during Euro2008. So that is why I think they weren't playing their best.

Merengues

GodismyJudge said:
There was one or 2 chances that Iraq squandered, like Nashat shot from outside the box, had he hit it at goal with a bit more power there was a chance it could have been a goal, and another instance was when Spain was all in attack and Iraq counter attacked Spain but Nashat did not want to givbe Younis a through ball which Younis could have had a 1-on-1 chance with Casillas

GodismyJudge

Merengues said:
There was one or 2 chances that Iraq squandered, like Nashat shot from outside the box, had he hit it at goal with a bit more power there was a chance it could have been a goal, and another instance was when Spain was all in attack and Iraq counter attacked Spain but Nashat did not want to givbe Younis a through ball which Younis could have had a 1-on-1 chance with Casillas
Well they didn't score soo :p. How many chances did Spain have?

Nashat will learn to play as a team when he playes at FC Twente Enschede, because they are a team and play like a team.