• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Interview with Mar Raphael Louis Sako in Sweden

Shahin

Member
Interview with H.H. Patriarch Louis Raphael I Sako

Can someone translate his answer when the journalist asks him about the formation of the Chaldean league using the name Chaldean instead of Assyro-Chald?ens already used by our people there in France (at 10min45s) ?

From what I've understand he's saying that today we have multiple name, we have to accept it, he and some chaldeans have their own identity, their "Chaldeaness/Kaldanayuta", so they saw the need to form the Chaldean league, and he believes that unity will come with the churches (CCC and ACOE) being reunited into one church ?
Also what is "kabira" ?

Thanks,


 

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Shahin said:
Interview with H.H. Patriarch Louis Raphael I Sako

Can someone translate his answer when the journalist asks him about the formation of the Chaldean league using the name Chaldean instead of Assyro-Chald?ens already used by our people there in France (at 10min45s) ?

From what I've understand he's saying that today we have multiple name, we have to accept it, he and some chaldeans have their own identity, their "Chaldeaness/Kaldanayuta", so they saw the need to form the Chaldean league, and he believes that unity will come with the churches (CCC and ACOE) being reunited into one church ?
Also what is "kabira" ?

Thanks,
I hope to see the interview later at home and translate it (can't view it at work)

As for 'kabira' it is from the Arabic word 'Kabir' or 'big' and in Chaldean accent, it means ' a lot' or 'very'

for example: "ana kabeera bayenoukh' = 'I love you a lot'

another example: 'kabeera halouthela' = 'she is very beautiful'
 

Shahin

Member
ASHOOR said:
I hope to see the interview later at home and translate it (can't view it at work)

As for 'kabira' it is from the Arabic word 'Kabir' or 'big' and in Chaldean accent, it means ' a lot' or 'very'

for example: "ana kabeera bayenoukh' = 'I love you a lot'

another example: 'kabeera halouthela' = 'she is very beautiful'
Oh, I see, it has the same root in "Allah akbar". Thanks!
Did you have time to translate the last answer ?
 

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
I just heard it, he is basically saying we have multiple historical names. There is no one name. He is also saying that they (chaldeans) and Syriacs are more open minded about this than the rest (referring to Assyrians)

"if we go back in history, we were one people. But today, there is too much prejudice. One doesn't accept the other. I have my own history, but I don't deny someone else's history. We have to work together, and respect each other. Eventually we agree on a name."

He also says that chaldeans have worked for unity in the past.

ASHOOR

 

Shahin

Member
ASHOOR said:
I just heard it, he is basically saying we have multiple historical names. There is no one name. He is also saying that they (chaldeans) and Syriacs are more open minded about this than the rest (referring to Assyrians)

"if we go back in history, we were one people. But today, there is too much prejudice. One doesn't accept the other. I have my own history, but I don't deny someone else's history. We have to work together, and respect each other. Eventually we agree on a name."

He also says that chaldeans have worked for unity in the past.

ASHOOR
Thanks ASHOOR!

Chaldeans working for unity in the past ? What a joke, the simple existence of this church goes against unity.
 

ASHUR

New member
ASHOOR said:
I just heard it, he is basically saying we have multiple historical names. There is no one name. He is also saying that they (chaldeans) and Syriacs are more open minded about this than the rest (referring to Assyrians)

"if we go back in history, we were one people. But today, there is too much prejudice. One doesn't accept the other. I have my own history, but I don't deny someone else's history. We have to work together, and respect each other. Eventually we agree on a name."

He also says that chaldeans have worked for unity in the past.

ASHOOR
All these idiots fail to realize, or CHOOSE TO IGNORE, that it's the same history with the same name.  For heavens sake, even the Vatican says so.  Why should I be open minded to rewriting my own history based on lies?  Maybe if I used to call myself Arab and it no longer fits my agenda, I would be open to calling myself something else (like "Chaldean").  That's what people get when they take history lessons from men posing religious figures.
 

mrzurnaci

Active member
ASHOOR said:
I hope to see the interview later at home and translate it (can't view it at work)

As for 'kabira' it is from the Arabic word 'Kabir' or 'big' and in Chaldean accent, it means ' a lot' or 'very'

for example: "ana kabeera bayenoukh' = 'I love you a lot'

another example: 'kabeera halouthela' = 'she is very beautiful'
Actually ASHOOR, Classical Syriac has an entry for "kabira"

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%DC%9F%DC%92%DC%9D%DC%AA%DC%90

They're both from the same common root

 

mrzurnaci

Active member
ASHUR said:
All these idiots fail to realize, or CHOOSE TO IGNORE, that it's the same history with the same name.  For heavens sake, even the Vatican says so.  Why should I be open minded to rewriting my own history based on lies?  Maybe if I used to call myself Arab and it no longer fits my agenda, I would be open to calling myself something else (like "Chaldean").  That's what people get when they take history lessons from men posing religious figures.
We could always overthrow the church...
 
Top