If you are a new User or Visitor to the Forum, Click here First

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
This tutorial is for those who are visiting the forums for the first time, or have just joined.

Please note that to read and reply to posts on the the Chit Chat section, you need to register first. You can view all other sections without having to register. Only when you login, do you get to see our Chit Chat forum section (where most of our general discussions go)
(even if they are not registered)

1- How to Register?
If you are not a registered user, you will see a link on the top menu, which enables you to register. 
Or you can click on this link to register:  http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?action=register

2-What do I need to register and how long does it take?
Registration takes less than 45 seconds. All you need is to choose a user name, and password, and provide a valid email.

3-What happens after I register? Can I start posting right away?
Before you can start posting and reading in the forums, you need to verify your account first. To verify your account, click on the link in the email sent to you by the Forums. Once you click that link, your account is officially active and you are ready to post and read anything on the forums.

4-I registered but never got any confirmation email!
When you register, an email is sent right away. If you never got it, chances are, it is in your junk (spam) email. Please check your mail settings as well as your junk mailbox, as it could very well be there.

5-I checked my email and junk filters, and the confirmation email is still not here, please help!
No problem at all. Simply send us an email to: assyrianvoice@rogers.com along with the username you registered, and we will take care of the rest.

More questions to come in the next post.

ASHOOR

More Questions about Using the Forums:

Q: How do I post a topic or reply to a topic?
A: After you log in, simply click on the "New Topic" or "Reply" button.

Q: I log in, browse the forums for a few minutes and leave. When I come back, I have to re-login again. Why is that?
A: this is because your session is expiring. Simply check the box under the login box, so that you can remained logged in.

Q: How do I add a personal picture to show under my name?
A: this is what we call an avatar. You can get your own, using your profile.   Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 125 pixels, the height no greater than 150 pixels, and the file size no more than 49 KB.  If you need more help with this, you may email us or ask another member on the forums.

Q: What about my signature? how can I edit or change that?
A: That too can be changed by logging to your account, then your profile, and scrolling down to "Signature". It is best and recommended that you have a short and meaningful signature rather than a long one.

Q: Can I delete or edit my own topics and posts?
A: Yes. You can always go back to your topic and edit or delete them. However, only an administrators or moderator can delete someone else's posts and topics.

Q: What is with all these post counts and rankings?
A: Post count keeps track of the number of the posts you have made since joining. While ranking is a special system that assigns users a unique status based on how many posts they have had.  The more posts, the more advanced the ranking.

Q: What are Assyros?
A: Assyros, is the name of the currency used in our virtual cash system, which rewards users for their posts. That is, for each post or reply your make, Assyrian Voice rewards you a certain number of Assyros.

Q: What can I do with these Assyros?
A: These Assyros are just for fun, although lately, we have started to cash some of them into real dollars. Ask us for more details.

Q: I still have more questions. Where can I get more help?
A: You may email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com
or click on this link for more help: http://www.assyrianvoice.net/forum/index.php?action=help

ASHOOR

Back