If we had a country

mrzurnaci said:
yes, I would.

Why would they not let us expand that far? Ashur doesn't have oil to it and there's nobody living there. The only argument the Iraqis in general would use against us is that there's no Assyrians there so it can't be part of Nineveh Plains region at all...

Actually, i think u have right, i would want nineveh as our capital because its the oldest and most populous of the Assyrians, then we can be proud about that it used to be the largest city in the world one time in history, something that will NEVER happen again.

Nemrud said:
Actually, i think u have right, i would want nineveh as our capital because its the oldest and most populous of the Assyrians, then we can be proud about that it used to be the largest city in the world one time in history, something that will NEVER happen again.

Who says that it will never happen again?

SonOfAssyria said:
Who says that it will never happen again?

Its hard for me to believe it will happen, today its probably China with 36 million people, We are only 4 million and in a city probably 100000.

Nemrud said:
Its hard for me to believe it will happen, today its probably China with 36 million people, We are only 4 million and in a city probably 100000.

there are countries with smaller populations... Liechtenstein is one with only 37,666 people as of 2016.

SonOfAssyria said:
It's also the sixth-smallest independent nation by land size

I even said this to a Kurd once, he replied "because the Middle East ain't like Europe", I said "no sh**, and you'll never be with that kind of behavior".

Just a question, assur, nineveh, dur sharrukin, Nimrud or any other ancient assyrian city, which was the oldest city? I say nineveh

Does anyone know if Nimrud used to be the largest city in the world for some time? I was curious and searched on wikipedia, according 1 of 4 sources it was but l dont know if its true.... if you know, how do you know it?

It's good to imagine how things would be if we were to ever get a country, but none of this will ever be reality unless we, as a nation, actually work in strengthening our identity and increase our power and influence with the intention of taking back rulership of our own homeland. The very first step in actually achieving this is (almost) absolute unity, we must become as united as possible. In regards to having Classical Syriac as our official language, which will in turn assist in uniting us under a common language, the way we can start achieving this is by actually learning how to speak Classical Syriac. We need to have classes or something where Assyrians can easily learn to speak Classical Syriac and this needs to be done on a grand scale, which is definitely achievable considering the power of today's technology. We could even use technology to create websites maybe a mobile app, or even books that should be easy to understand for an average Assyrian, which teaches people how to speak Classical Syriac. I want to create an app like this but unfortunately I don't know how to speak Classical Syriac. That's why I think it's very important that classes should be held so we can actually learn how to speak it. Imagining and dreaming of something being a certain way is worthless unless we actually take action and do something to make it a reality.

Btw, if anyone would happen to have any resources at all regarding Classical Syriac, I'd really appreciate it if you could send them over.

SonOfAssyria said:
It's good to imagine how things would be if we were to ever get a country, but none of this will ever be reality unless we, as a nation, actually work in strengthening our identity and increase our power and influence with the intention of taking back rulership of our own homeland. The very first step in actually achieving this is (almost) absolute unity, we must become as united as possible. In regards to having Classical Syriac as our official language, which will in turn assist in uniting us under a common language, the way we can start achieving this is by actually learning how to speak Classical Syriac. We need to have classes or something where Assyrians can easily learn to speak Classical Syriac and this needs to be done on a grand scale, which is definitely achievable considering the power of today's technology. We could even use technology to create websites maybe a mobile app, or even books that should be easy to understand for an average Assyrian, which teaches people how to speak Classical Syriac. I want to create an app like this but unfortunately I don't know how to speak Classical Syriac. That's why I think it's very important that classes should be held so we can actually learn how to speak it. Imagining and dreaming of something being a certain way is worthless unless we actually take action and do something to make it a reality.

Btw, if anyone would happen to have any resources at all regarding Classical Syriac, I'd really appreciate it if you could send them over.

How do you know if that will be The official language of our country?

Nemrud said:
How do you know if that will be The official language of our country?

I don't, but I think it should be. When we get to the point where a significant amount of us can speak it, we can modernize the language, create new words and make it a sophisticated language to a much greater extent

Back