• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

If we had a country

mrzurnaci

New member
Nemrud said:
Just curious, if we somehow regain assyria, what would u want to see as our capital? I myself would want assur, because it was our first and our name is from the city
Ashur shifted from being a capital to a more cultural center. Nineveh has and always has been regarded as the Capital.
 

Nemrud

New member
mrzurnaci said:
Ashur shifted from being a capital to a more cultural center. Nineveh has and always has been regarded as the Capital.
Nineveh we might be able to get, but Ashur unlikely, if we one Day get a country it will probably be a small one. Also the reason why l choose Ashur is because some empires which derived their name from a city is their capital, for example akkadians, Romans, babylonians etc, their name is also their capital.
 

mrzurnaci

New member
Nemrud said:
Nineveh we might be able to get, but Ashur unlikely, if we one Day get a country it will probably be a small one. Also the reason why l choose Ashur is because some empires which derived their name from a city is their capital, for example akkadians, Romans, babylonians etc, their name is also their capital.
why not ashur? Ashur has nobody living there. Ashur hasn't been inhabited since Timur. The Iraqis won't care whether we get Ashur back or not.
 

Nemrud

New member
mrzurnaci said:
why not ashur? Ashur has nobody living there. Ashur hasn't been inhabited since Timur. The Iraqis won't care whether we get Ashur back or not.
Would u make it our capital? 

I was thinking that they wont let us expand that far, nineveh plains is our future country, if we are Lucky we get mosul.
 

mrzurnaci

New member
Nemrud said:
Would u make it our capital? 

I was thinking that they wont let us expand that far, nineveh plains is our future country, if we are Lucky we get mosul.
yes, I would.

Why would they not let us expand that far? Ashur doesn't have oil to it and there's nobody living there. The only argument the Iraqis in general would use against us is that there's no Assyrians there so it can't be part of Nineveh Plains region at all...
 

Nemrud

New member
mrzurnaci said:
yes, I would.

Why would they not let us expand that far? Ashur doesn't have oil to it and there's nobody living there. The only argument the Iraqis in general would use against us is that there's no Assyrians there so it can't be part of Nineveh Plains region at all...
Actually, i think u have right, i would want nineveh as our capital because its the oldest and most populous of the Assyrians, then we can be proud about that it used to be the largest city in the world one time in history, something that will NEVER happen again.
 
Nemrud said:
Actually, i think u have right, i would want nineveh as our capital because its the oldest and most populous of the Assyrians, then we can be proud about that it used to be the largest city in the world one time in history, something that will NEVER happen again.
Who says that it will never happen again?
 

Nemrud

New member
SonOfAssyria said:
Who says that it will never happen again?
Its hard for me to believe it will happen, today its probably China with 36 million people, We are only 4 million and in a city probably 100000.
 

mrzurnaci

New member
Nemrud said:
Its hard for me to believe it will happen, today its probably China with 36 million people, We are only 4 million and in a city probably 100000.
there are countries with smaller populations... Liechtenstein is one with only 37,666 people as of 2016.
 

mrzurnaci

New member
SonOfAssyria said:
It's also the sixth-smallest independent nation by land size
I even said this to a Kurd once, he replied "because the Middle East ain't like Europe", I said "no sh**, and you'll never be with that kind of behavior".
 

Nemrud

New member
Just a question, assur, nineveh, dur sharrukin, Nimrud or any other ancient assyrian city, which was the oldest city? I say nineveh
 

Nemrud

New member
Does anyone know if Nimrud used to be the largest city in the world for some time? I was curious and searched on wikipedia, according 1 of 4 sources it was but l dont know if its true.... if you know, how do you know it?
 
It's good to imagine how things would be if we were to ever get a country, but none of this will ever be reality unless we, as a nation, actually work in strengthening our identity and increase our power and influence with the intention of taking back rulership of our own homeland. The very first step in actually achieving this is (almost) absolute unity, we must become as united as possible. In regards to having Classical Syriac as our official language, which will in turn assist in uniting us under a common language, the way we can start achieving this is by actually learning how to speak Classical Syriac. We need to have classes or something where Assyrians can easily learn to speak Classical Syriac and this needs to be done on a grand scale, which is definitely achievable considering the power of today's technology. We could even use technology to create websites maybe a mobile app, or even books that should be easy to understand for an average Assyrian, which teaches people how to speak Classical Syriac. I want to create an app like this but unfortunately I don't know how to speak Classical Syriac. That's why I think it's very important that classes should be held so we can actually learn how to speak it. Imagining and dreaming of something being a certain way is worthless unless we actually take action and do something to make it a reality.

Btw, if anyone would happen to have any resources at all regarding Classical Syriac, I'd really appreciate it if you could send them over.

 

Nemrud

New member
SonOfAssyria said:
It's good to imagine how things would be if we were to ever get a country, but none of this will ever be reality unless we, as a nation, actually work in strengthening our identity and increase our power and influence with the intention of taking back rulership of our own homeland. The very first step in actually achieving this is (almost) absolute unity, we must become as united as possible. In regards to having Classical Syriac as our official language, which will in turn assist in uniting us under a common language, the way we can start achieving this is by actually learning how to speak Classical Syriac. We need to have classes or something where Assyrians can easily learn to speak Classical Syriac and this needs to be done on a grand scale, which is definitely achievable considering the power of today's technology. We could even use technology to create websites maybe a mobile app, or even books that should be easy to understand for an average Assyrian, which teaches people how to speak Classical Syriac. I want to create an app like this but unfortunately I don't know how to speak Classical Syriac. That's why I think it's very important that classes should be held so we can actually learn how to speak it. Imagining and dreaming of something being a certain way is worthless unless we actually take action and do something to make it a reality.

Btw, if anyone would happen to have any resources at all regarding Classical Syriac, I'd really appreciate it if you could send them over.
How do you know if that will be The official language of our country?
 
Top