• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

If the Assyrian homeland becomes a nation, which city should be the capital?

Cascade

New member
What city would be a good capital contender, or at least a central hub for economics, entertainment, education, science, etc?

Al Qosh? Zakho? Telesqope? Maybe even Mosul (after it's fully ridden from ISIS)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_homeland
 

KingA

New member
Telesqope should be the capital, not because it is something special with that town, but because it is more logical and realistic to be a capital. Spimply, Zakho(5% Assyrian population) or Mosul/nineveh with 5-6%? ; are relatively too few to make it happen.
 

mrzurnaci

New member
KingA said:
Telesqope should be the capital, not because it is something special with that town, but because it is more logical and realistic to be a capital. Spimply, Zakho(5% Assyrian population) or Mosul/nineveh with 5-6%? ; are relatively too few to make it happen.
Tel Esqop is controlled by Peshmerga and Nineveh Plain FORCES, (not Units) though
 

KingA

New member
mrzurnaci said:
Tel Esqop is controlled by Peshmerga and Nineveh Plain FORCES, (not Units) though
Telsqope was retaken from ISIS by Peshmerga, NPF AND NPU.

Many of the Peshmerga are local Assyrians such as NPF and Dwekh Nawsha. In addition, we have NPU there. No matter which side those soliders belonges to, in the end of the day they are Assyrian and that is important that we control our own towns.
 

Cascade

New member
KingA said:
Telesqope should be the capital, not because it is something special with that town, but because it is more logical and realistic to be a capital. Spimply, Zakho(5% Assyrian population) or Mosul/nineveh with 5-6%? ; are relatively too few to make it happen.
I'm going with Telescope too.
 

Bronit Omta

New member
Cascade said:
What city would be a good capital contender, or at least a central hub for economics, entertainment, education, science, etc?

Al Qosh? Zakho? Telesqope? Maybe even Mosul (after it's fully ridden from ISIS)?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assyrian_homeland
Bakhdida.
 

mrzurnaci

New member
Ezidi Kurd said:
Assyrians are smart, strong and beautiful, right? Why not just to try to take your own ancient capital Nineveh back?
I don't know, why don't Yazids try to take back Sinjar?
 

Cascade

New member
Ezidi Kurd said:
Assyrians are smart, strong and beautiful, right? Why not just to try to take your own ancient capital Nineveh back?
We are too outnumbered. That's like self-explanatory.
 

Nemrud

New member
Mosul should be the capital, and rename it nineveh, because nineveh was one of the oldest and largest city in the world, its a huge compliment, if assyrians get mosul we should move many people there, and also the population has shrunk alot since isis took it over and since they went gone, east mosul(nineveh) is intact while west mosul is in ruins, we dont know how many people live in mosul now but in 2015 it was 664,221, now its probably are a lot less, l woyld say 300000 or some thing like that....
 

Nemrud

New member
800 BCE [5] 75,000 Nimrud
(Calah) Iraq

According to wikipedia Nimrud was the largest city in te world year 800 BCE, l dont remember it being the largest city in the world, all sources dosnt agree with him but its the newest source that says that, l know for 100 procent nineveh was but nimrud.... is this true, anyone that know?
 

Nemrud

New member
yes it is true, nimrud was the largest city for some time, but still the oldest and most populous city was nineveh, also the greatest and one of the oldest city ever. Nineveh was inhabited 6000 bc, while nimrud was founded 1300 bc, nineveh was founded in 6000 bc, which makes it one of the oldest and largest cities in the world, another reason why l choose nineveh as our captal is because its already a large city, if we for example choose nimrud as our capital we would need to build buildings there which would cost alot of money.
 

mrzurnaci

New member
Nemrud said:
Mosul should be the capital, and rename it nineveh, because nineveh was one of the oldest and largest city in the world, its a huge compliment, if assyrians get mosul we should move many people there, and also the population has shrunk alot since isis took it over and since they went gone, east mosul(nineveh) is intact while west mosul is in ruins, we dont know how many people live in mosul now but in 2015 it was 664,221, now its probably are a lot less, l woyld say 300000 or some thing like that....
We won't get Mosul, plus Nineveh is one the Eastern part of Mosul, it'd make more sense to just split Mosul in half with one side being Nineveh and the other being Mosul. In full analysis though, it's easier to rebuild a new Nineveh instead of taking half or all of Mosul.
 

Nemrud

New member
mrzurnaci said:
We won't get Mosul, plus Nineveh is one the Eastern part of Mosul, it'd make more sense to just split Mosul in half with one side being Nineveh and the other being Mosul. In full analysis though, it's easier to rebuild a new Nineveh instead of taking half or all of Mosul.
How is it easier, if we build a new nineveh it will cost million of dollar, just take eastern mosul or all mosul is easier, they already have buildings intact.
 

Nemrud

New member
Actually if we get a country only by trading mosul we can get it, nineveh will be ours if we fight for it, and we must be lucky because noone even mention that mosul will be ours right now. Or actually even the nineveh plains.
 

mrzurnaci

New member
Nemrud said:
How is it easier, if we build a new nineveh it will cost million of dollar, just take eastern mosul or all mosul is easier, they already have buildings intact.
factor in the cost of a military operation to attack, take, and defend Mosul from Iraqi government and then revenge attacks by angry Maslawi Arabs.

Compare that by factoring the cost to just build a new city and call that Ninwe. It'll be easier, more cost effective, and less likely to involve death and suffering for both sides by simply making a new town. New Ninwe could be built specifically to hold our new regional capital.
 
Top