I lost 50+ lbs just by avoiding Rice, Bread, Sugar, and other Carbs!

mrzurnaci

to those Surayeh living in Metric system countries, I lost 22.68 Kilos by avoiding rezza, lakhma, and shakra altogether!

I should say though that, at the end of the day 3-4 hours before bed, I cheat a little bit by having some carbs like one fruit or some ice cream. The key here is that I did cheat on my diet but I limited my cheating so the cravings were met.

The advice to successfully follow this diet is to only have carbs at night and limit the carbs up to 50 grams. No more than 50 grams.

With 50 grams, u can have two apples, an apple or banana, a peach + 2 apples.
223 gram apple has 31 carbs.
152 gram banana - 35 carbs
175 gram peach - 17 carbs
1 cup or 92 grams of grapes - 16 carbs

Good for you Mrzurnaci! I did the same thing approx 4 years ago. I used to weigh like 90-100 KG (I stopped weighing myself after I realized I was reaching these numbers).. but then in a year I had started a very strict "diet". Started doing sports almost every day, NO rizza, NO likhma, NO shikar, and NO Coke - cause I used to drink coke/pepsi instead of water, I literally never drank water! ...and I added fruit to my daily diet... and that was basically it :)
I lost like 25-30 KGs in a year (or two) btw. Probably THE BEST thing I've ever decided to do in my life!

I do miss Rizza tbh! Whenever I sit on the table, my family is eating rizza and shorwa and I'm just sitting there slurping shorwa only (with a slice of whole grain bread) hahaha :D but honestly.. it's worth it! One feels healthier, walks easier, sleeps better.. etc :)

shekwanta said:
Good for you Mrzurnaci! I did the same thing approx 4 years ago. I used to weigh like 90-100 KG (I stopped weighing myself after I realized I was reaching these numbers).. but then in a year I had started a very strict "diet". Started doing sports almost every day, NO rizza, NO likhma, NO shikar, and NO Coke - cause I used to drink coke/pepsi instead of water, I literally never drank water! ...and I added fruit to my daily diet... and that was basically it :)
I lost like 25-30 KGs in a year (or two) btw. Probably THE BEST thing I've ever decided to do in my life!

I do miss Rizza tbh! Whenever I sit on the table, my family is eating rizza and shorwa and I'm just sitting there slurping shorwa only (with a slice of whole grain bread) hahaha :D but honestly.. it's worth it! One feels healthier, walks easier, sleeps better.. etc :)

hell yea, I miss my mom's rizza too. She cooks it using salted butter and water.

thing is, im not really doing sports at all. I hated coke, I like drinking shai but I'd like load it with 3-4 teaspoons of sugar lmao.

Now I like 1 Liter of shai and qawa without any sugar at all.

I have to also agree, I feel better, I feel stronger, more energy.
I can think alot more clearer.

To think, all this negativity because of a couple pounds around the sides!

mrzurnaci said:
hell yea, I miss my mom's rizza too. She cooks it using salted butter and water.

thing is, im not really doing sports at all. I hated coke, I like drinking shai but I'd like load it with 3-4 teaspoons of sugar lmao.

Now I like 1 Liter of shai and qawa without any sugar at all.

I have to also agree, I feel better, I feel stronger, more energy.
I can think alot more clearer.

To think, all this negativity because of a couple pounds around the sides!
omg you hate coke?? There was a time when I used to drink like 2-3 bottles a day, and noooothing besides it!! :D (and when I say bottles, I mean the 1,5 Liter)

Hahaha you drink chai just like my lil brother! His glass is usually half sugar, half chai hahaha :D
I can't drink qawa just like that. There has to be milk in my qawa!! I can maybe avoid sugar... but pure "milkless" qawa? no no no no

and btw. sports is addictive mrzurnaci. I know this sounds silly..but I swear once you start doing it daily (or regularly) you won't be able to let go. Whenever you ditch it for a week or so, you will feel lazy and bloated and sleepy.

shekwanta said:
omg you hate coke?? There was a time when I used to drink like 2-3 bottles a day, and noooothing besides it!! :D (and when I say bottles, I mean the 1,5 Liter)

Hahaha you drink chai just like my lil brother! His glass is usually half sugar, half chai hahaha :D
I can't drink qawa just like that. There has to be milk in my qawa!! I can maybe avoid sugar... but pure "milkless" qawa? no no no no

and btw. sports is addictive mrzurnaci. I know this sounds silly..but I swear once you start doing it daily (or regularly) you won't be able to let go. Whenever you ditch it for a week or so, you will feel lazy and bloated and sleepy.

yea i didn't like coke, I've had shai since i was a kid and always for breakfast and lunch. Also, u don't understand. I drink shai in a 16 ounce beer mug lol

Here's a picture of it
53329.jpg

imagine all that shai but with only 3 or 4 teaspoons of sugar.
I drink qawa black but I don't like it. I only drink it because I gotta get rid of the uric acid from eating all that meat.

I can't do sports, I work on the computer and my career is programming lol.

mrzurnaci said:
yea i didn't like coke, I've had shai since i was a kid and always for breakfast and lunch. Also, u don't understand. I drink shai in a 16 ounce beer mug lol

Here's a picture of it

I drink qawa black but I don't like it. I only drink it because I gotta get rid of the uric acid from eating all that meat.

OMG Hahahahahahahaha XD I'm so sorry! when I saw the beer mug I cracked! Hahahaha XD ..you drink chai in THAT??? and I thought my mom was addicted to chai, cause she always used these mugs which are kinda big for other people but for her they were regular, she had to drink 2 of them in a row (2 at breakfast, 2 at lunch, and if we had dinner then 2 at dinner, or if no dinner, then 2 at aseerta/afternoon)..

But hey.. I must say.. chai is really healthy! I mean if you leave out the 4 spoons of sugar, then it's definitely good to drink chai more often. I think I'm gonna start forcing myself to drink chai daily. I tried for a long time, but I just couldn't keep up. And I drink my chai very VERY light in color (fateh), usually looks like yellow/orange water, that's how light I drink it.

I don't like black qawa either. And I have to drink decaf qawa always, cause if I drink caffeine I start kinda wheezing and get trouble breathing.

Ohhh... I wanted to ask you when do you get back from work cause maybe then you can exercise, but I know how it feels when one comes back from work. All you wanna do is sleep!

shekwanta said:
OMG Hahahahahahahaha XD I'm so sorry! when I saw the beer mug I cracked! Hahahaha XD ..you drink chai in THAT??? and I thought my mom was addicted to chai, cause she always used these mugs which are kinda big for other people but for her they were regular, she had to drink 2 of them in a row (2 at breakfast, 2 at lunch, and if we had dinner then 2 at dinner, or if no dinner, then 2 at aseerta/afternoon)..

But hey.. I must say.. chai is really healthy! I mean if you leave out the 4 spoons of sugar, then it's definitely good to drink chai more often. I think I'm gonna start forcing myself to drink chai daily. I tried for a long time, but I just couldn't keep up. And I drink my chai very VERY light in color (fateh), usually looks like yellow/orange water, that's how light I drink it.

I don't like black qawa either. And I have to drink decaf qawa always, cause if I drink caffeine I start kinda wheezing and get trouble breathing.

Ohhh... I wanted to ask you when do you get back from work cause maybe then you can exercise, but I know how it feels when one comes back from work. All you wanna do is sleep!

Not just that! I drink from a soup bowl too. The soup bowl holds the SAME AMOUNT of shai as the beer mug but the soup bowl is kinda better cuz it's easier to clean. Notice how I filled it hal-pumooh lol

the food was when I made egg pizza that day, had egg as the base, cheese topping, pepperoni slices, onion powder, no tomato because low carb! wa-melkha :)

I've been drinking shai without sugar for more than a year now.
Nah, you shouldn't force yourself to drink shai, you should learn to like it.

Try drinking it dark or darker? Maybe try other shais like green shai.

mrzurnaci said:
Not just that! I drink from a soup bowl too. The soup bowl holds the SAME AMOUNT of shai as the beer mug but the soup bowl is kinda better cuz it's easier to clean. Notice how I filled it hal-pumooh lol

the food was when I made egg pizza that day, had egg as the base, cheese topping, pepperoni slices, onion powder, no tomato because low carb! wa-melkha :)

I've been drinking shai without sugar for more than a year now.
Nah, you shouldn't force yourself to drink shai, you should learn to like it.

Try drinking it dark or darker? Maybe try other shais like green shai.
YUMMMMMY :D That looks delicious!! I love the egg/cheese/meat combo!! I usually just qlaya an egg in the morning and put a slice of (low fat) cheese on it and a few slices of Mortadella..
Nanilookh by the way :D

Did you just say 'no tomato' because u want it low carb? Is that sarcasm? :D cause mrzurnaci, I'm sure tomatoes don't have that much carbs! I mean..guessing by how it's a fruit..sooo... I mean everything else has way more calories than fruit/vegetables!

Good for you!!! I keep hearing nowadays how people are quitting consuming sugar.. Honestly, I've quit consuming sugar for YEARS NOW! It's been like 5 years now..... But it's salt that I struggle with!! I so badly wanna quit, but it's hard! I put salt on literally everyyyything! tsk tsk tsk

Hahahaha nothing helps mrzurnaci. I tried drinking it darker, I almost threw up. And don't even get me started on green tea!!!! Don't get me wrong, I drink both kinds (black and green tea) but I drink the green one only because it's healthy. I swear everytime I drink it I start twitching hahaha ... and I drink the black one only as an alternative to the decaf coffee

I noticed the cup is smaller than the beer mug u were showing me before :D Or maybe it just looks small in the pic, I'm not sure!

Cascade said:
Except, I don't have FB.

What kind of tea do you drink btw? I like spearmint tea. And that only.

I just down whatever tea it is lol. Since I'm Assyrian, I've likely drank mostly black tea my whole life while I haz my secret stash of green tea.
also remove my FB link please with dolma on top.

mrzurnaci said:
I just down whatever tea it is lol. Since I'm Assyrian, I've likely drank mostly black tea my whole life while I haz my secret stash of green tea.
also remove my FB link please with dolma on top.
Black tea is so....pakha. Lol

Peppermint/spearmint tea mix is the best. Green tea is alright, if a little harsh on my tastebuds.

Cascade said:
Black tea is so....pakha. Lol

Peppermint/spearmint tea mix is the best. Green tea is alright, if a little harsh on my tastebuds.

depends, almost all black tea comes from India, maybe you're too used to the taste so it feels a little pakha?

Some tea comes from Africa but I'm assuming it's black tea. (heh get it?)

mrzurnaci said:
depends, almost all black tea comes from India, maybe you're too used to the taste so it feels a little pakha?

Some tea comes from Africa but I'm assuming it's black tea. (heh get it?)
It's just bland. I don't even drink it much, so I'm not being blas? about it.

Thought when you put 'hel' in it, it does taste a little better.

P.S. What is 'hel' in English btw? I might know it...Lol

Cascade said:
It's just bland. I don't even drink it much, so I'm not being blas? about it.

Thought when you put 'hel' in it, it does taste a little better.

P.S. What is 'hel' in English btw? I might know it...Lol

maybe if u described it, I'd understand what u talking about. never heard of 'Hel'

mrzurnaci said:
maybe if u described it, I'd understand what u talking about. never heard of 'Hel'
It's like mint or herb. It contains little pieces of leafy vegetables. It's thrown in tea to enhance flavor.

mrzurnaci said:

Here's a picture of it
53329.jpg

I've been drinking wrong all these years.

Found it: In English 'hel' is Cardamom. It's used to enhance tea flavour among Assyrians and Arabs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardamom

Cascade said:
Found it: In English 'hel' is Cardamom. It's used to enhance tea flavour among Assyrians and Arabs.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardamom

eew, I put vanilla in mine.

Back