• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

I have a problem

Neta1991

New member
I believe in god but its hard for me to believe on jesus as the son of god or jesus healing or everything he did that is not human, l believe that jesus could have exist, and he could have "powers" but without proof its hard to believe. What am l if l believe in god but believe that jesus could or could not be the son of god or could or could not have existed? I dont know what religion l have, maybe l am a believer but not religious?
 

mrzurnaci

New member
the point isn't whether jesus was real or not, but the point is the lessons. Jesus says to treat people good and do good. Whether Jesus existed or not, these are still good lessons.
 

Cascade

New member
You sound like a deist. They believe in a single deity, but he has no affiliations with any humans or prophets.
 
I think at this point, there's no doubt Jesus existed. However, it comes down to whether or not he was just a superior prophet or the actual son of God. I believe in the latter.
 

Joe25

New member
Neta1991 said:
I believe in god but its hard for me to believe on jesus as the son of god or jesus healing or everything he did that is not human, l believe that jesus could have exist, and he could have "powers" but without proof its hard to believe. What am l if l believe in god but believe that jesus could or could not be the son of god or could or could not have existed? I dont know what religion l have, maybe l am a believer but not religious?
Talk to your priest in real life.
 

Neta1991

New member
My brother is the same, but something that is not the same is that he dont believe in god or that jesus had powers but l do believe on god but jesus according to me didnt have powers or was the son of god, just a good human being. I do believe that he existed. So clearly l am an assyrian that is a bad christian.
 

Cascade

New member
Neta1991 said:
My brother is the same, but something that is not the same is that he dont believe in god or that jesus had powers but l do believe on god but jesus according to me didnt have powers or was the son of god, just a good human being. I do believe that he existed. So clearly l am an assyrian that is a bad christian.
How are you a "bad Christian"?
 
Neta1991 said:
My brother is the same, but something that is not the same is that he dont believe in god or that jesus had powers but l do believe on god but jesus according to me didnt have powers or was the son of god, just a good human being. I do believe that he existed. So clearly l am an assyrian that is a bad christian.
What leads you to believe Jesus didn't have powers?

Is this to suggest that Jesus' miracles were a result of divine intervention? That he was just a human vessel, facilitating God's power, much like Moses? Or is this to say that he had no power at all?

Either way, you're deviating from what is professed in the Bible, which alludes to Jesus as the son of God and clearly makes reference to his various miracles, inclusive of the resurrection, which without, Christianity would have no leg to stand on.
 

Neta1991

New member
Mr. Tambourine Man said:
What leads you to believe Jesus didn't have powers?

Is this to suggest that Jesus' miracles were a result of divine intervention? That he was just a human vessel, facilitating God's power, much like Moses? Or is this to say that he had no power at all?

Either way, you're deviating from what is professed in the Bible, which alludes to Jesus as the son of God and clearly makes reference to his various miracles, inclusive of the resurrection, which without, Christianity would have no leg to stand on.
l am not christian then, l am just not religious, l dont believe in the bible or anything it says, l think when people wrote the bible they exaggerated some things. sorry guys but l lost my faith a long time ago and l dont think it will come back without any proof, but the best thing is that l do believe that jesus existed, but l think he was just a regular man that was a nice man without any powers, but of course , he could had powers or he could not had powers, l dont know and probably will never know. I am happy and respect those that believe on jesus, l respect all faith, but not islam, that faith is evil and it sucks like shit. And beside, l dont need the bible to know whats wrong and whats not wrong, l already know it.
 

Neta1991

New member
SO when people say that all assyrians are christians they lie. all are not christians and l am one of them, l am nothing.
 

Neta1991

New member
But l will continue my christian traditions because christianity is a part of the assyrian people, l will continue to go to the church as a tradition but l wont believe on anything they say. Christianity is a part of the assyrian culture. And besides who knows, maybe l will believe on jesus powers in the future, maybe lf its true about jesus according to the bible , then jesus might visit me and show me magic or god, who knows.
 

Cascade

New member
Ezidi Kurd said:
I think you are a little bit confused. You are astrayed from reality and from your own culture. Talk to some Assyrian eldern.

When I got crazy ideas, I talk to old people who know more about life than I do...
He doesn't have to do that. He simply has lost his faith. This happens everyday.

Not to mention, the elders will always be biased and tell him "well, the bible is real, Jesus did this, God did that", etc. What do you expect really? They wouldn't tell him to ditch his religion. Now if he's a practicing Christian and is confused and wants to learn more, yes, then he can ask priests or those with bible knowledge (they don't really have to be elders).

P.S. Not believing in god or being an atheist has nothing to do with straying from your own culture. Don't confuse the two. If he can speak Assyrian, write Assyrian and at least can do their folk dancing he is culturally Assyrian like the others. You don't have to take it up a notch by being a frequent church attender and believing in god. These things are personal matters.
 
Top