I hate religious fundametalists

Hanuni

Now before I get accused of being the Anti-Christ himself I must declare that I do believe in Christ and am a Assyrian Jacobite but I am not religious in any way whatsoever.

All of these religious fundamentalists both Christians and Muslims seriously annoy me. Most of them are hypocrates e.g. Saudis preaching how to live as a "faithful" Muslim in Saudi Arabia and then on their weekend to Lebanon they end up having sex with 20 prostitutes or Assyrian fundamentalist who won't accept any Assyrian grouping other than their Church sect or religion.

What do you guys think about these issues?

This is a conflit of controling people and thats about 70% of religion. period.

All these liars, false prophets, delusion experience, being decieve by the angel of satan and the list just goes on to control people and confused them all... there so many evil energy in this is in this world and sometimes God allowed it.

PS Anti-Christ is not biblical, which I believe is not found in the pshetta bible. I believe the term false messiah is the one :)

ideas said:
If you ask me.. all three religions are right, and regardless of what people say here about muslims, I won't ever say anything about christians, becuase you guys don't represnt all christians.
I am with ideas in that one, no big religion in the world is evil, bad or wants to harm people in any ways. Those who say that it is so are all sinners and those who say that they kill and hurt people in the name of religion are false people full of bull**** and brainwashed/brainwashing others.

Religions are not evil, humanity is...

I can careless what people believe in, but I would be happy to see them free from religion that is about being negative and controling and causing many problem is not a good religion and you should see that inside because the spirit of God is already in you and God already gave you morals and it is you that choose to live a bad or good life but make a good decision. :)

ideas said:
Thats not true, there are alot of assholes that don't believe in religion and they are much worse! if a truely religious person really has faith, they would never hurt anyone!

Whats not true??? :blink:

Sure there will be assholes that dont believe in religion. Most of the none-religious people I  have met never seem to be a problem with me.  :)

My doctrine beliefs is that people are not into religion is the way God made it to be. God is the one that cause things. You don't have to agree with me and that is okay because God is the one made you to disagree.

ideas said:
No, your basing your opinion on humans that have free will.. as I said a real religious person should be really peacefull, religion laid down alot of good rules for human beings too, in a time where killing was normal.

I dont believe in 100% human free will. Secondly, religion does make a person good because some make is fearful for many to not doing anything just like some religion say I will go to hell because I wax my eye brows or whatever. :blink:

ASHUR said:
How about life?
LOL                      not a good reason! :blush2:  :shades:

whats the point of livinig 100 years and then just die with nothing....cause thats how life goes!
why not!!----> die after 100 years KNOWING that there is something else (more) to go!     (something after life!)   :blush:

The Key to counter religious fanatism is beeing "Educated" that means, that everyone is able to READ and WRITE, in that way no one can fool you. Example, our very own church groups. Was it not for the majority beeing uneducated they would not have been so easy to fool on and split us in many diffrent groups which in most cases ended up into also political motivated acts (as we do have them nowadays...chaldeans, aramoeans bla bla).

@ideas and dave (all big religons).

Those that are Christians and belive in the word of God that is given to us through the Bible can not say "all big religions are fine, but the people are evil". Because for the very fact that for example the Islamic Faith declareas clearly that "Jesus is not the Son of God and that he was never crucified". This means they deny the BASIC and fundamental message about Christanity. (The one that denys that Jesus Christ is the Messias and the Son of God is the antichrist).

Hanuni said:
Now before I get accused of being the Anti-Christ himself I must declare that I do believe in Christ and am a Assyrian Jacobite but I am not religious in any way whatsoever.

All of these religious fundamentalists both Christians and Muslims seriously annoy me. Most of them are hypocrates e.g. Saudis preaching how to live as a "faithful" Muslim in Saudi Arabia and then on their weekend to Lebanon they end up having sex with 20 prostitutes or Assyrian fundamentalist who won't accept any Assyrian grouping other than their Church sect or religion.

What do you guys think about these issues?

If 'religious fundamentalists' were people who "won't accept any Assyrian grouping ..." then **** do we call people who are willing to kill themselves and little children in the name of their religion.
Common dude ... let's not start using terms sooooooooooooooooooooo loosely just to make it fit with ur idea.

the truth is ... EVERYONE "won't accept" any other grouping they arent associated with ... i would even be reluctant enough to call it human nature.

e.g. I'm Assyrian ... and when it comes to it im more willing to accept Assyrian things (culture, businesses, people) over any other culture ... does that make me a fundamentalist????
what I'm saying is people flock to what they are use to and what they themselves know. I know I'm Christian and Assyrian and those two are (I beleive) big parts of my life ... and i feel that will reflect who I "accept" and dont "accept)

P.S. an even better example is our tribal system ... even though I think its stupid ... people within certain millets get along and accept their own people more than others ... its not just in religious sense ... its in every sense you can think of ... culturally, religiously, sexually, economically etc.

do you agree?

Malik Danno said:
If 'religious fundamentalists' were people who "won't accept any Assyrian grouping ..." then **** do we call people who are willing to kill themselves and little children in the name of their religion.
Common dude ... let's not start using terms sooooooooooooooooooooo loosely just to make it fit with ur idea.

the truth is ... EVERYONE "won't accept" any other grouping they arent associated with ... i would even be reluctant enough to call it human nature.

e.g. I'm Assyrian ... and when it comes to it im more willing to accept Assyrian things (culture, businesses, people) over any other culture ... does that make me a fundamentalist????
what I'm saying is people flock to what they are use to and what they themselves know. I know I'm Christian and Assyrian and those two are (I beleive) big parts of my life ... and i feel that will reflect who I "accept" and dont "accept)

P.S. an even better example is our tribal system ... even though I think its stupid ... people within certain millets get along and accept their own people more than others ... its not just in religious sense ... its in every sense you can think of ... culturally, religiously, sexually, economically etc.

do you agree?

I think you've misinterpreted what i'm saying. I do agree with you mostly but i'm refering to our national unity with that sentence. It is a disgrace that some Assyrians, mostly from the elder generation, see the other 'sects' as outsiders etc.

Religious fundamentalism is something else than favoring Assyrian culture over others. The latter is merely good.

shekwanta said:
LOL                      not a good reason! :blush2:  :shades:

whats the point of livinig 100 years and then just die with nothing....cause thats how life goes!
why not!!----> die after 100 years KNOWING that there is something else (more) to go!    (something after life!)  :blush:
Shekwanta I know you're active sometimes. So I had to reply to this (and Ashoor, this is a relevant thread).

So you only live to die and what happens after it? Sorry, but that's just a grim view of things. A depressed person would say such things (and trust me, I've felt that way). And what "knowing"? Let's be fair, we BOTH don't know what will happen after we die. Sure, you can BELIEVE that something extraordinary may happen. But to say that you KNOW is just an overstatement.

Neon said:
Shekwanta I know you're active sometimes. So I had to reply to this (and Ashoor, this is a relevant thread).

So you only live to die and what happens after it? Sorry, but that's just a grim view of things. A depressed person would say such things (and trust me, I've felt that way). And what "knowing"? Let's be fair, we BOTH don't know what will happen after we die. Sure, you can BELIEVE that something extraordinary may happen. But to say that you KNOW is just an overstatement.
It's funny how you said that a ''depressed person'' would say something like this.. because sometimes I say that if I wasn't religious, I would probably have depression and would die of it! (so basically the opposite of what you said)

Oh trust me.. I don't ''BELIEVE'' that something exists after life, I KNOW that something exists after life!.. Death is only the end of the body, nothing more.
To say that ALL of the billions of people on earth are born just to eat, drink, and reproduce is just absurd.. don't you think that's kinda superficial?
I just think it's narrow-minded to say that this life has no other dimensions, that's all..

Rishat shitokh brikhta btw ;)

shekwanta said:
It's funny how you said that a ''depressed person'' would say something like this.. because sometimes I say that if I wasn't religious, I would probably have depression and would die of it! (so basically the opposite of what you said)

Oh trust me.. I don't ''BELIEVE'' that something exists after life, I KNOW that something exists after life!.. Death is only the end of the body, nothing more.
To say that ALL of the billions of people on earth are born just to eat, drink, and reproduce is just absurd.. don't you think that's kinda superficial?
I just think it's narrow-minded to say that this life has no other dimensions, that's all..

Rishat ****okh brikhta btw ;)
Lol they bleeped out shiitookh cos it sounds like the S word. :lol:

Look, all I meant was that people should live for the sake of living. Not for what happens after it. Who said that living is exclusive to eating and drinking - That's like life in jail. Lol. Think of it this way; When you watch a movie, go to a party or listen to a song do you look forward to what happens after it? I don't think so.  We have to enjoy life in its current form. :)

I'm not saying life has no dimensions. I said we don't know if it does. That's actually a less narrow-minded view of things. And isn't waiting just to get a "reward" at the end of your life more superficial and avaricious than anything? Lol? At least I believe that I will rot in the grave. If anything, I'm "degrading" myself.  :biggrin:

Not to sound blunt, but if we know what happens after we die (like you say) and if life is all about eating and drinking, then why don't we just kill ourselves and enjoy the afterlife?  :blink:

Neon said:
Lol they bleeped out shiitookh cos it sounds like the S word. :lol:

Look, all I meant was that people should live for the sake of living. Not for what happens after it. Who said that living is exclusive to eating and drinking - That's like life in jail. Lol. Think of it this way; When you watch a movie, go to a party or listen to a song do you look forward to what happens after it? I don't think so.  We have to enjoy life in its current form. :)

I'm not saying life has no dimensions. I said we don't know if it does. That's actually a less narrow-minded view of things. And isn't waiting just to get a "reward" at the end of your life more superficial and avaricious than anything? Lol? At least I believe that I will rot in the grave. If anything, I'm "degrading" myself.  :biggrin:

Not to sound blunt, but if we know what happens after we die (like you say) and if life is all about eating and drinking, then why don't we just kill ourselves and enjoy the afterlife?  :blink:
OMG! I just noticed that :D haha how weird..
Oh well, you know what I meant, right?.. I was not using the S word FOR SURE! I was just saying Happy New Year ^^

Well, I guess you made a good point there with your example..
But, one can also say that MAYBE the ''party'' or the ''real joy'' for the believers is in the afterlife. So basically, it would also make sense to say that this state right now is just the ''excitement'' before going to the real party. Wouldn't it?

Hahahahahaha I swear you killed me there! XD with your ''At least I know I'm gonna rot in the grave. I'm only degrading myself''.. ROFL XD

And.. why do you think it's superficial to live and then get rewarded in the afterlife for living ''right''? .. Everything in life is like that! Isn't it? You have goals and you wanna achieve them..
If you do something right, you get rewarded. If you do something wrong, you surely shouldn't expect any reward..
It's an eternal system really.. If you want to get to something, you'll have to work for it..

Hahaha well.. fair question ^^
I guess the simplest answer to that would be: because we don't know for sure what happens in the afterlife, or if exists at all..
One just assumes that not all the good people and the bad people will be treated equally (for their actions/behaviour) in the afterlife..
------------

P.S I like the way you're discussing stuff, Neon ;) ..Unlike me, you don't get emotional and angry very soon ^^

shekwanta said:
Oh well, you know what I meant, right?.. I was not using the S word FOR SURE! I was just saying Happy New Year ^^

But, one can also say that MAYBE the ''party'' or the ''real joy'' for the believers is in the afterlife. So basically, it would also make sense to say that this state right now is just the ''excitement'' before going to the real party. Wouldn't it?

Hahahahahaha I swear you killed me there! XD with your ''At least I know I'm gonna rot in the grave. I'm only degrading myself''.. ROFL XD

And.. why do you think it's superficial to live and then get rewarded in the afterlife for living ''right''? .. Everything in life is like that! Isn't it? You have goals and you wanna achieve them..
If you do something right, you get rewarded. If you do something wrong, you surely shouldn't expect any reward..
It's an eternal system really.. If you want to get to something, you'll have to work for it..

I guess the simplest answer to that would be: because we don't know for sure what happens in the afterlife, or if exists at all..
One just assumes that not all the good people and the bad people will be treated equally (for their actions/behaviour) in the afterlife..
------------

P.S I like the way you're discussing stuff, Neon ;) ..Unlike me, you don't get emotional and angry very soon ^^
Your writing style is extremely messy

shekwanta said:

------------

Yeah Lol....all in all, we just don't know what will happen. Maybe I won't rot in the grade after I die. Or maybe I would.  :mrgreen:

Back