Hayir by Linda George

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Linda George "Hayir" (Official Video)

Published on 24 Dec 2014

The legendary Linda George presents her new song 'Hayir' (help) dedicated as a gift to the needy and suffering across the Middle East this Christmas.

Proceeds from each digital download of this beautiful song via iTunes will be distributed to the Assyrian Church of the East Relief Organization (ACERO) in the charity's ongoing works on the ground. Donate to ACERO http://theacero.org/donate

'Hayir' will be available on iTunes in the coming days.

Thank you to all the contributors, supporters and volunteers that helped bring this song to life.

Composed by: Linda George
Arranged and Orchestrated by: Ben Wedge
Recorded and Mixed by: Ashur Bandoleros
Mastered by: Rae Nimeh @ United Technique Studios

Choir voices by:
Sarha & Anabel Abraham
Sandra & Ramina Odicho
Kathy & Mirna Bazi

Linda George "Hayir" (Official Video)

ASHOOR

elevated said:
Hayir=help, right? I don't see what's wrong with it.

It's not real Syriac :3  Every dictionary entry I looked up "help" in, came back with 'Ader. The root letters meaning "helping, aiding" is 'E, Dalath, and Resh...

mrzurnaci said:
It's not real Syriac :3  Every dictionary entry I looked up "help" in, came back with 'Ader. The root letters meaning "helping, aiding" is 'E, Dalath, and Resh...

It could come from Akkadian, Farsi/Kurdish, Turkish, or maybe Arabic.

elevated said:
It could come from Akkadian, Farsi/Kurdish, Turkish, or maybe Arabic.

as far as I know, "hayir" is part of the General Urmian dialect.

According to the online Sureth dictionary, which may either correct or wrong, Hayir is either Kurdish or Farsi origin which makes even more sense since Hayir is part of the General Urmian dialect, which has alot of contact with Persian and Kurdish people.
http://www.assyrianlanguages.org/sureth/dosearch.php?searchkey=3432&language=id

back on topic: Video is very nice but Linda should be endorsing a militaristic stance. When once is victimized and nobody stands to protect them, you gotta stand and protect yourself then.

mrzurnaci said:
as far as I know, "hayir" is part of the General Urmian dialect.

According to the online Sureth dictionary, which may either correct or wrong, Hayir is either Kurdish or Farsi origin which makes even more sense since Hayir is part of the General Urmian dialect, which has alot of contact with Persian and Kurdish people.
http://www.assyrianlanguages.org/sureth/dosearch.php?searchkey=3432&language=id

back on topic: Video is very nice but Linda should be endorsing a militaristic stance. When once is victimized and nobody stands to protect them, you gotta stand and protect yourself then.

OT: That's a cool site! I wish I could search terms in English though. I'm still not sure if both "hummam" and "ayikhyola" are foreign. I already know "humman" is from Turkish.

I think we need a little bit of both. Militarism for ourselves and sympathy from the West.

Back