• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Have you ever experienced racism?

Cascade

mrzurnaci said:
I actually experienced that from a small handful of Jews my mother used to work with.

Jews seem to be really hateful against Arabs, likely because of the animosity between them.

Anyways, one of them calls my mother an Arab and I tell them that we're not Arab, we're Assyrians from Assyria.

The ignorant one replies "same sh**".

I lost my sh** and told him off saying "If I'm an Arab, you're a German convert to Judaism, fake Jew"

That sentence shut him up real nice.
Actually, you should've told him that he's an Arab, considering that Jews are Semites too, and, as you know, Jews look down upon Arabs. That would've hurt him more. Calling him a German probably didn't get to him much. People, non-Europeans especially, have a fascination with European ethnic groups. He probably got quiet because you didn't sound that offensive. Perhaps he liked being called a German. ;)

Nah, it's been chill my whole life lol. I live in Australia but I don't look Assyrian at all, maybe that's why? I've been mistaken for a European so many times.

Cascade

Mr. Tambourine Man said:
Nah, it's been chill my whole life lol. I live in Australia but I don't look Assyrian at all, maybe that's why? I've been mistaken for a European so many times.
That's good to hear. But pretty unfair for those who look stereotypically Middle Eastern. Zhareh. Lol...