Good Reason to move back to the Homeland?

mrzurnaci

$1M USD is $1.175990B Iraq Dinars.

How far does the Iraqi Dinar go concerning housing, taxes, and local goods in Iraq compared to the USA or Canada (which ever place you guys live)?

mrzurnaci said:

How far does the Iraqi Dinar go concerning housing, taxes, and local goods in Iraq compared to the USA or Canada (which ever place you guys live)?

I don't get what you're asking. Are you asking what the price of living is over at Betnahrin?

I can't tell you precisely for the north since I've been unable to return for two years. And it depends a lot on whether you're living in the major cities, or living in towns, or having your own house in a village.
I lived in a town, but I was aware of Mosul's pricing because at one point I wanted to study there. Really expensive... I can tell you compared to USA basic basket of goods, ours was a bit higher. It cost more living in Iraq in the metropolis even though US dollars would cover it. With a Iraqi salary, however... I assume that everything's higher now that the country has gone to ****. Or maybe it's lower, idk, I'm not an economist.

But towns and smaller cities? Really cheap.

I guess if you're using dollars to cover the living cost in Iraq, in cities it would equal or around it. Towns and smaller cities would cover a lot more.

To answer your title question, my good reason is to go back and rebuild my town. All the money I'm saving here is for that purpose. And if the dollar keeps growing, it would be better for us, we'd be able to buy more materials and whatever rebuilding requires.

Qi?ta said:
I don't get what you're asking. Are you asking what the price of living is over at Betnahrin?

I can't tell you precisely for the north since I've been unable to return for two years. And it depends a lot on whether you're living in the major cities, or living in towns, or having your own house in a village.
I lived in a town, but I was aware of Mosul's pricing because at one point I wanted to study there. Really expensive... I can tell you compared to USA basic basket of goods, ours was a bit higher. It cost more living in Iraq in the metropolis even though US dollars would cover it. With a Iraqi salary, however... I assume that everything's higher now that the country has gone to ****. Or maybe it's lower, idk, I'm not an economist.

But towns and smaller cities? Really cheap.

I guess if you're using dollars to cover the living cost in Iraq, in cities it would equal or around it. Towns and smaller cities would cover a lot more.

To answer your title question, my good reason is to go back and rebuild my town. All the money I'm saving here is for that purpose. And if the dollar keeps growing, it would be better for us, we'd be able to buy more materials and whatever rebuilding requires.

no Qurdaya, I'm saying what if Assyrians born in the Diaspora collect alot of money then exchange it for Iraqi Dinars and live wealthy in their own homeland and use that wealth to build up our region.

But for this to actually work, how much will my wealth go for if I convert $1M USD for $1B iraqi Dinars? Will I be considered rich? Middle Class? How long would my money realistically last?

mrzurnaci said:
no Qurdaya,
From what I said, where did you get that I'm Qurdaya...?

mrzurnaci said:
I'm saying what if Assyrians born in the Diaspora collect alot of money then exchange it for Iraqi Dinars and live wealthy in their own homeland and use that wealth to build up our region.

But for this to actually work, how much will my wealth go for if I convert $1M USD for $1B iraqi Dinars? Will I be considered rich? Middle Class? How long would my money realistically last?
Definitely higher class, not 1% but very close. 1B (1,000,000,000) dinar is about 100 yearly salaries. If you plan on investing in rebuilding or build up the region, it's going to drain pretty fast. Last time my uncle built a house, it cost him about 209mil dinar.

Edit: This could help you decide (if you read arabic)

Qi?ta said:
From what I said, where did you get that I'm Qurdaya...?
Definitely higher class, not 1% but very close. 1B (1,000,000,000) dinar is about 100 yearly salaries. If you plan on investing in rebuilding or build up the region, it's going to drain pretty fast. Last time my uncle built a house, it cost him about 209mil dinar.

Edit: This could help you decide (if you read arabic)

if that's the case, then this IS a good reason and motivation to move back to the homeland!

mrzurnaci said:
if that's the case, then this IS a good reason and motivation to move back to the homeland!

I guess that reason is as good as any for diasporic brothers and sisters...

Isn't that because they're a cheap economy?

100AUD is 28 Bahraini Dinar (a rich Gulf country)

In Iraqi Dinar our $100 is around 8800 and in Ethiopian Birr it's 1700.

Cheaper countries have higher figures.

Neon said:
Isn't that because they're a cheap economy?

100AUD is 28 Bahraini Dinar (a rich Gulf country)

In Iraqi Dinar our $100 is around 8800 and in Ethiopian Birr it's 1700.

Cheaper countries have higher figures.

which is why I'm asking to qishta if the money would go a long way.

mrzurnaci said:
which is why I'm asking to qishta if the money would go a long way.
Well, I want to move to a homeland that would have richer currency.

Where $1M USD is like 500K in our currency.

Neon said:
Well, I want to move to a homeland that would have richer currency.

Where $1M USD is like 500K in our currency.

Then you'll have to work even harder to get the similar amount. Secondly, we can always deflate our currency.

:eek:fftopic:
mrzurnaci said:

Would move to either Erbil or Dohuk and work there.

One good reason to move back to our homeland is that nobody can tell us to "go back where you come from", since it's our land. ;)

Back