Good Ol' Assyrians

haha how predictable. it was just a joke guys calm down lol :mrgreen:

how do these threads always turn into riots? caaaaaaalmmm down guys

gilbert said:

i swear i dont know awt to believe anymore when it comes to ur post.. from now on im going to think everything's a joke.. :2guns: :lol:

BeLLaMaFIa said:
gilbert said:

i swear i dont know awt to believe anymore when it comes to ur post.. from now on im going to think everything's a joke.. :2guns: :lol:

Balah dooset first time u said something doos lol jk :2hearts:

So what. Does the ppl of Toronto dress up for the picnics ?

Strange!, but wait, at least better than seing bakhtet Desha in bikini.

Gilbert, you do not wanna c bakhtet Desha in bikini right ?

We all have been reiterating the fact the this world has people who are fake and imperfect. Aren't we all? It is true that people who have low self esteem or who have severe cases of insecurities tend to be more fake than others, but I think we have all put a "pata" and tried to act like someone we're not. Our parents lived in a different time when they had to be close because of religious persecution and other sorts of prejudice. I think it's because that Assyrians are scattered around the world and that we can communicate with such immense speed over the internet, we tend to hide our true selves and no one would really know what true or not. I am sure of it. I agree with you but then again, I wish it was more like my father's time when we really "hung" out and were really true Assyrians.

RadRides said:
We all have been reiterating the fact the this world has people who are fake and imperfect. Aren't we all? It is true that people who have low self esteem or who have severe cases of insecurities tend to be more fake than others, but I think we have all put a "pata" and tried to act like someone we're not. Our parents lived in a different time when they had to be close because of religious persecution and other sorts of prejudice. I think it's because that Assyrians are scattered around the world and that we can communicate with such immense speed over the internet, we tend to hide our true selves and no one would really know what true or not. I am sure of it. I agree with you but then again, I wish it was more like my father's time when we really "hung" out and were really true Assyrians.

exactly.

I seriously have no idea how to be Assyrian. If its what I see out there, in all honesty, no thanks!

Thats another good question, How do you act Assyrian? im gonna make it another thread :mrgreen:

dude, there's no hope, we should call ourselves italian. most assyrians love italian ways of life. hahaha. i personally love aprilia and bernelli motorcycles and their cars. you all know what they are, not need mentioning. ahh what the hell, ferrari's and lambo's.

In Australia, most Assyrians try to act like Lebanese. Ironically enough, the Lebanese are the most criticised ethnicity in Australia. Why do we copy th wrong people?

gilbert said:
As far back as I remember. My dad always told me to hang out a lot more at picnics and go to church and weddings a lot and blah blah blah just to interact with other Assyrians so I wont get "lost". Lost as in becoming a Nakhrayah.

As you can probably guess, I dont really like going to those places. To me, friends are friends, where ever they're from.

True, it is great to have Assyrian friends, but I notice that most Assyrians are even worse than Nakhrayeh. Most of them are already lost and just go prancing around saying "i have assyrian pride!" pfft bs lol. Even if you have pride, youre still an idiot :mrgreen: . the toronto people know what im talking about. look at all those guys and girls at the picnic, its like their dressed to go to a club lol. and even worse, they dress like that too at the church. you might as well get a disco ball dropping above the priest and watch him do the "staying alive" :wink:

So my point to all this is, avn is the most interactive place full of Assyrians that ive experienced. Yes it is on the internet, but the true selves of everyone comes out because they are behind a computer. Sure its easy to hide their identity, but they still speak their personality. So what im trying to say is, i hate typical assyrians more than ever now, thanks to this website. its unbelievable how many idiots there are out there. my dad always fed it into my head (cuz i wasnt interactive with assyrians) that assyrians are different and blah blah lol, but i noticed that their like everyone else, if not worse (and no i didnt just notice this now). i always told him, everyone is human no matter what. assyrian or not, anyone can be an idiot. i guess hes just too used to his generation or something

in conclusion, i dont want to be united with most of these idiots :mrgreen:. do you?

How are you apart of the Society committee if you feel this way??

Back