Giving up Turkish nationality or not

Joe25

So I still have a double nationality(Euro and Turkish) which means there's a compulsory military service waiting for me in Turkey. I will never put my life on the line for the Turkish goverment, so I can either keep forking money over to them to delay the process(or 8700 dollars to avoid it completely) or give up my Turkish nationality so I can go visit the country as a tourist whenever I want. Something inside me doesn't want me to do it. Thoughts?

Joe25 said:
So I still have a double nationality(Euro and Turkish) which means there's a compulsory military service waiting for me in Turkey. I will never put my life on the line for the Turkish goverment, so I can either keep forking money over to them to delay the process(or 8700 dollars to avoid it completely) or give up my Turkish nationality so I can go visit the country as a tourist whenever I want. Something inside me doesn't want me to do it. Thoughts?

Give up your Turkish Nationality, if you join their army you betray the Assyrian people.

Domanic said:
Give up your Turkish Nationality, if you join their army you betray the Assyrian people.

That is of course out of the question for me personally. The issue is having to pay money so I can visit the country for several years without having to serve. That money is going to the Turkish army, the same army who is extremely suspect when it comes to Isis..Do you guys agree?

Joe25 said:
That is of course out of the question for me personally. The issue is having to pay money so I can visit the country for several years without having to serve. That money is going to the Turkish army, the same army who is extremely suspect when it comes to Isis..Do you guys agree?

Depends, with Turkish passport do you HAVE to serve the army?

do what it takes to not serve them. They're supporting the same people who're killing your own people!

Domanic said:
Depends, with Turkish passport do you HAVE to serve the army?

You can't be on Turkish soil without either serving or arranging delays through financial methods. For Turkey it's a win/win because either way their army is benefitting from it.

I have relatives there and like to go on vacation in the future. I have 'paid them off' in the past, but ever since the last couple of years seeing how they handled the Isis situation I can't in good conscience directly fund/contribute to the Turkish army anymore.

I still have some kind of sentimental value over having the Turkish nationality since my family roots are in Tur Abdin, but I think having 'Istanbul' written on birth place on my passport may be enough. It may be time to revoke the citizenship.

hm, just give it up. I don't have my Iranian passport anymore. I am never putting my life on the line for the ayatollah.

Kebabs?s said:
hm, just give it up. I don't have my Iranian passport anymore. I am never putting my life on the line for the ayatollah.
To be fair, Iran is  little better than Turkey.

Domanic said:
Not really... at least women can show their hair freely in public in Turkey.
Turkey funds ISIS.
I don't see how a law saying women should cover their hair is that big of a deal.It's just a sign of modesty.

Etain said:
Turkey funds ISIS.
I don't see how a law saying women should cover their hair is that big of a deal.It's just a sign of modesty.
Um, some are forced to cover their hair. Didn't you know that? NOT all Muslim women to cover themselves. Some do, some don't.

And there's no proof that Turkey funds ISIS. These are all just conspiracy theories with no resourceful back ups. Btw, ISIS bombing Ankara just refutes the fact that Turkey support ISIS.

Neon said:
Um, some are forced to cover their hair. Didn't you know that? NOT all Muslim women to cover themselves. Some do, some don't.

And there's no proof that Turkey funds ISIS. These are all just conspiracy theories with no resourceful back ups. Btw, ISIS bombing Ankara just refutes the fact that Turkey support ISIS.
Yes, there is evidence that Turkey supports IS. One is that time IS invaded kobane from the turkish side and killed people. You cant claim 100 armed men walked in through turkey without the turkish governments knowledge.

Domanic said:
No... it's a sign of oppression and so you can not get raped by horny Persian men.
It's not oppression little boy.
Your great grandma probably covered her hair.

Seriously,this is why I despise western morals.They want modern women to be whores.

Etain said:
It's not oppression little boy.
Your great grandma probably covered her hair.

Seriously,this is why I despise western morals.They want modern women to be *****s.
it is oppression when they have no choice -__-. You think everyone wants to cover their head?

Personally, I'd get rid of it.. but would you have to leave your home if you gave up your Turkish nationality?

atourina said:
Personally, I'd get rid of it.. but would you have to leave your home if you gave up your Turkish nationality?

I do not have a house or any belongings in Turkey, I live in a European country. So no worries there.

Kebabs?s said:
it is oppression when they have no choice -__-. You think everyone wants to cover their head?
That's like saying it's oppression to tell women to wear shirts.
Hell,maybe we should all walk around naked like apes.

Etain said:
That's like saying it's oppression to tell women to wear shirts.
Hell,maybe we should all walk around naked like apes.
Seriously? -___-
A shirt is something everyone wears men and women, we don't wear it because of religion. The hijab is not comparable with shirts.

Your statement about Iran being a better country is bullshi. t. Iran has the highest number of executions. Iran even if it doesnt sponsor IS still funds shia militants that are equally as bad as IS.

Kebabs?s said:
Seriously? -___-
A shirt is something everyone wears men and women, we don't wear it because of religion. The hijab is not comparable with shirts.

Your statement about Iran being a better country is bullshi. t. Iran has the highest number of executions. Iran even if it doesnt sponsor IS still funds shia militants that are equally as bad as IS.
China actually has the most executions.
Who are these awful Shi'a "militants"? They seem to be trying to fight ISIS.

Back