Garnett ejected, possible suspension!

Enki

To sum it up for those that dont like to read, KG tossed, not even threw, tossed a ball into the stands and it hit a guy. Apparently the guy wasn't injured and KG ran up and apologized to him. KG was ejected and a short while later, that "uninjured" man was wheeled up out of the stands on a gurney.

I got a question though, what would you do?

Me personally, I think I'd get more media spotlight by throwing the ball back at the player and then running after them :mrgreen: I'd get my ass kicked probably if I got there, but think about it. Would another player do that again? Probably not!

Espically if I have a kid with me and they get struck. Selawa man, my lil cousin? Bslewa I'd throw that thing so hard right back at the player. Espically if he's an oposing team.

Oh and I wouldn't sue. Maybe just cover medical expenses but thats about it.

We can't throw crap at them, they can't throw crap at us. See ya :mrgreen:

Again, what would you do if this happened to you?

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The Minnesota Timberwolves beat the Memphis Grizzlies in the fourth quarter without Kevin Garnett.

Now, they have to wait and see if the NBA decides to keep the former MVP on the sidelines even longer.

Ricky Davis scored a season-high 35 points to help the Timberwolves overcome Garnett's ejection and defeat the Grizzlies 105-99 on Sunday. Garnett was tossed in the third for flipping the ball into the stands and accidentally hitting a fan.

The nine-time all-star was reacting in frustration after being called for an offensive foul with the Wolves leading 64-61 with 7:47 left in the quarter.

''I just tossed it,'' Garnett said outside Minnesota's locker room before leaving the arena at the start of the fourth quarter. ''I didn't even look at where I tossed it.

''I was just so . . . mad.''

Garnett said he didn't intend to throw the ball into the stands, but rather was trying to get a delay-of-game call.

Referee Bob Delaney assessed Garnett a technical foul for tossing the ball, and he was automatically ejected because it hit the fan. Afterward, Garnett walked over to the fan to apologize before leaving the court.

Medical personnel examined the fan, who was wheeled from the court on a gurney to boos and later walked with his family and arena personnel to a back room. The fan declined to comment to the media. His condition wasn't immediately available, although he appeared to be uninjured.

''That's something you don't want to happen in sports,'' Wolves coach Dwane Casey said. ''Nobody feels worse about it than Kevin.''

Garnett had 17 points, 10 rebounds and seven assists.

Casey, though, said the incident rallied his players, who had lost their first two games coming off the all-star break, including a heartbreaking loss at the buzzer Friday against Denver.

''He just told me (before leaving), 'Just run the team, make stuff easy, and let's get this victory,' '' said Marcus Banks, who made his first start for Minnesota since being acquired from Boston last month.

Banks had 13 points for the Wolves, while Mark Blount and rookie Rashad McCants each added 12 points.

''They did a good job of using that as motivation,'' Grizzlies forward Shane Battier said. ''I think we let up a little bit and didn't take advantage of having their best player out of the game.''

Davis, who went 15-for-20 from the free-throw line, had 15 of his points in the fourth. His previous season high was 33 points. Davis left the arena without speaking with reporters.

On any other night, Davis would've been the story of the game, but not with Minnesota's franchise player uncharacteristically losing his cool. Television cameras showed a young girl sitting next to the fan in tears after the incident. 

Asked if he was afraid Garnett would be suspended for Minnesota's game at Chicago on Tuesday, Casey sounded optimistic.

''It was just a total accident,'' Casey said.

Paul Gasol, who finished with 23 points to lead Memphis, hit two free throws with 5:04 to play to make it 88-86. But Davis sparked a 10-2 run with three free throws, including a three-point play with 2:36 to go to make it 98-88.

Davis sank two foul shots with 22.4 seconds remaining to give Minnesota a 103-95 lead. He added two more foul shots on two separate trips to the line in the closing seconds to set his new mark.

Chucky Atkins's 22 points were a season high with Memphis since being signed as a free agent last month. But Atkins had 18 of his points in the first half. The seventh-year guard hit back-to-back three-pointers midway through the second quarter to give Memphis a 37-35 lead, capping a 22-12 Memphis run that erased an 11-point lead for Minnesota.

Notes: Memphis played without swingman Eddie Jones (sore left foot). Jones, who's averaging 12.5 points per game in his first year with the Grizzlies, tweaked the foot during Friday's loss to San Antonio. It was only the third game the 12-year veteran has missed this season. ... Blount went 5-for-5 for 12 points in the first quarter, but only attempted two shots the rest of the way. ... Davis has scored 33 points four times this season.

Back