Friendly Games for Iraq and Spain

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
These were preparations for Iraq and Spain.

Iraq 1 - 1 Poland   (not bad!)

Azerbaijan 0 - 6 Spain (it is only Azerbijan)

I am even more hyped up and can't wait to meet these Spaniards! I can't believe they are being compared to Brazil, wow!

Ahh I love soccer trash talking  :shades:

ASHOOR

DavidB, bring on the trash talk brother, I so love it! Spain is so going to get it from Brazil. We will give them a lesson in beautiful football. We did it to Greece in 2005 Confederation Cup, and although Greece is no Spain, we will still take care of Spain. I just wish the two meet in the finals.

Bring it on baby!

ASHOOR

No team plays better and more attractive football then Spain.

Brazil is an individual team, always has been, if you like that sort of thing, then i can't argue.

davidb said:
No team plays better and more attractive football then Spain.

Brazil is an individual team, always has been, if you like that sort of thing, then i can't argue.

Nasha now you are making it as if Spain has always been good? and not a thing of just recent years, and that it will eventually fade? haha.

And if you have watched Brazil as of late, or ever since Dunga took over, they have been playing like a real team, rather than relying on individual talent. I mean when was the last time you saw a Brazilian attacker, coming back to defend? That is what Robinho, Kaka etc. have been doing lately. So it is a complete team. Just read the article I posted.

ASHOOR

How am i making it as if Spain have always been good? lol

They're a very good team now, and probably, or most likely the best in the world right now.

The Confederations Cup won't tell us a lot since it's not always taken seriously by the bigger nations, but it will give us a slight idea.

If you match up the two teams player by player, Brazil would probably just be ahead, but Spain are a much more complete team with a world class coach, while Brazil have a far from world class coach.

By the way i would just like to add, there were 5 Liverpool players playing yesterday for Spain at one stage, and two of them scored..:mrgreen:

Well I will tell you, Brazil has always taken this cup seriously. Although, there is something about Brazil and Confederation Cup: when they win it, they end up losing the world cup the year after and vise versa.

-1997: They won the Cup , by beating Australia 6-0 in the final (a hat-trick from Ronaldo and Romario each) .......... In the following year, they lost to France in the world cup final

-In 1999, Brazil lost to Mexico in the final, and in 2001, they didn't even make it out of the first round: yet in 2002, they won the world cup.

-In 2005, they won the Confederation cup by thrashing Argentina 4-1 in the final, putting on a show. But in the following year, we all know what happened to them in the world cup 2006.

So in all, and as much as I want Brazil to win this, I won't be too sad if they don't.

Having said that, I do want to see them beat Spain, and you will see that yourself too.

ASHOOR

By the way, the player who scored the goal for Poland, is actually Brazilian (with Polish citizen)

ASHOOR

davidb said:
By the way i would just like to add, there were 5 Liverpool players playing yesterday for Spain at one stage, and two of them scored..:mrgreen:

So you're admitting that they will finish second or third best?! :)

Ashoor, Brazil has no Chance.  The Iraqis will wipe the ground with them in the semis.

jonadona said:

Ashoor, Brazil has no Chance.  The Iraqis will wipe the ground with them in the semis.

:lol:

jonadona said:

KAKA is no match for R7aima...

Back