• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Forum is back?

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Hello ^ to the power of inifinity...

Missed you guys a lot...

We may finally be back. We have changed servers, hosts, even forum software (to a better one that is mobile friendly) and are testing things but looks like the forum is FINALLY up and running. I understand some of you may have given up a long time ago, and that is totally understandable. But please understand that despite the challenges I faced in getting things back up and running - won't delve into the technical details-I have always wanted to keep Assyrian Voice going. And I am beyond thrilled that we are finally back. I guess better late than gone forever...

As a lot of you know, Assyrian Voice was started as a wbebsite on April 15, 1999. Which means, and it pains to me say, we missed on celebrating Assyrian Voice' 20th anniversary last year. We also barely missed it by a few days this month as well. Yes, Assyrian Voice is now an adult and looks at all the new websites and apps as kids or grand kids (FB, Twitter,SnapChat, Instagran, and the latest craze Tiktok)

Assyrian Voice is not here to be your social network. We played that role literally a decade or two decades ago. Assyrian Voice is here to continue a mission it started back in the late 90s and did it quiet successfully: to keep the Assyrian voice online alive and provide relevant and accurate information about Assyrians, to both our own and those who want to know more about Assyrians.

It is my goal to continue doing that. Sure you can get this information from FB (or many other social networks) as the technology is simply much better, but let us face it: FB is not the best place to document, discuss and share historical, cultural and political topics. For that, you need something like a forum where the discussion can flow and be managed easier.

At last count, Assyrian Voice had close to 10,000 registered members on these forums. Of course, a lot of these were only members to read and may have never posted anything. And that is fine, we are here to share information for others to read. But it is my hope to get more and more people contributing, not only to revive this place, but to increase Assyrians' digital footprint. Ironically, back in the mid 90s and through the 2000s, before the popularization of social networks, Assyrians had more valuable information about their history, language, culture and plight. A lot of these old websites seem to have died and been taken offline. Assyrian Voice may have been on life support for two years, but I am very happy to be back and declare us alive once again, going into our 3rd decade,

So join us as we resume this exciting journey again! And once again, we apologize for letting this forum be offline for this long.

Last edited:

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the delay in making this public and announcing that the forum is back, still got a few things to work out,

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
As we slowly get back to normality, some still need to be tweaked, including the transition of domain names from one company to another, which is why you will see that this forum is hosted on a website under my name (Ashur.Sada.com) instead of the main AssyrianVoice.net . But that will slowly be fixed too and you will only see AssyrianVoice.net

Ashoor, we missed these forums a lot and thought they weren't come back. so nice to see otherwise, thank u!
i love the new format, so much better especially from my mobile Samsung phone. everything loads perfectly as if it is made for mobile.
cant wait to have all the people back =)

YES, finally our beloved AVN is slowly coming back....I have missed you guys so much...its been years and I lost touch with most of you all :(

We all thought Facebook, Insta & Twiter is going to take over our lives and replace Forums, but they all been so horrible....Nothing replaces a home like AVN where we can talk and discuss things in an orderly fashion.

I wonder what the new Generation of Assyrians and AVners will be like... I hope to see some old members too, even though life has taken us all a drift