For those who are affiliated with Zowaa

ideas said:
Well I can only speak for myself, and in london 20 kurds got arrested and we had alot of protests/fights with the police becuase we were not aloud to vote, of course it matters, the more seats the more power we have in baghdad, in regards to the autonomy I doubt KRG will ever give duhok up, however what would your replies be to autonomy within kurdistan ( if it becomes a state ), or as some assyrians made it clear they want it to be within iraq.

If the Kurds manage to proclaim a Kurdish state and we Assyrians still have no autonomous region and is offered one within the modern Kurdish borders I say we should absolutely take it. But what most of us want today is an Assyrian autonomous region at peace with the Kurdish region and the Arabs, not under the Kurdish region but also not over it, but at the same level as equals under the Iraqi national regime.

What I meant is that if say 10 000 Kurds were not allowed to vote, you still have 3-4 million in Iraq who will vote. But if 10 000 Assyrians are not allowed to vote, one Assyrian party might lose one - two seats unfairly :)

ideas said:
Thats true, however were competing with arabs who out number us, so we need as many votes as possible. iraq is a fake country and should not have existed, it was made britian to favour the arab, persians and turks who are againts kurds. at the end of the day am pretty sure there will be a kurdistan, maybe not today, not tomorow but soon. most likely only within iraq and not the greater kurdistan, but hey.. I'd settle for just that.

Kurds should get northeastern Iraq due to their numbers. Of course Kurds have no deep history in that area but I am still for Kurdish independence in northeastern Iraq and Assyrian independence in northwestern Iraq.

A lot of the Kurds are true nationalists and I admire that with your people. Though you have got too many traitors in Turkey (only some 4-5 million Kurds in Turkey are nationalists, the rest allied with Turkey).

Back