• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

First game on June 14: Iraq vs. SA

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
SA player who blocked his teammate's sure goal: "I wanted to drop dead right there"

No wonder he was the sacrifice that saved Iraq!

ASHOOR

jacob

ASHOOR said:
These fans are nasty man, if I am not mistaken, they keep booing every time that white member of their team touches the ball.

And these horns are so freaking annoying. They better not have them at the world cup.

ASHOOR
Ashoor you're right about those horns.  We need to start a letter writing campaign to FIFA to ban them from the World Cup.  Honestly I started getting used to them and tuned them out, but sometimes that's impossible.  It would be great if they were chanting or singing, but those horns are terrible.

EDIT:  And I'm watching the Spain game and this isn't even a very full crowd either.  I can't imagine the horns in a packed full house.  Was it worse in the South Africa v. Iraq match?

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Even drums would be fine but horns are too annoying. I heard something about FIFA wanting to ban them.

If anything I hope they overplay them in this tournament, so much so, that they will decide to ban them fir the world  cup.

ASHOOR

Knight

Iraq and South Africa are equally crap! I can't believe i wasted 2 hours watching the game! If Assyriska had played either of the 2 teams, they would have beaten them!

As for Spain. They play beautiful football, an absolutely delightful team. Torres is a champion!