Fastest decline in Islam by ethnicity is...

In a way, that's actually better for us. Considering that a good majority of Assyrians live next to Kurds, having a non-Muslim population surrounding you would be a better thing for once in our time.

Maybe Kurds are realizing that Islam does nothing but "get in the way" of life.

Kurds and Persians don't have a problem giving up Islam (and in a lot of cases embracing Christianity instead)

The big problem is with Arabs of course, who have the more stubborn mentality about religion and will not change easily.

Mind you, there are thousands of Arabs who convert to Christianity daily but most have to do it in secret out of fear of being targeted and killed.

ASHOOR

ASHOOR said:
Kurds and Persians don't have a problem giving up Islam (and in a lot of cases embracing Christianity instead)

The big problem is with Arabs of course, who have the more stubborn mentality about religion and will not change easily.

Mind you, there are thousands of Arabs who convert to Christianity daily but most have to do it in secret out of fear of being targeted and killed.

ASHOOR
I thought Arabs convert more often than them no? Because there are far more Christian Syrians/Lebanese/Iraqis than Christian Kurds and Iranians.

Neon said:
I thought Arabs convert more often than them no? Because there are far more Christian Syrians/Lebanese/Iraqis than Christian Kurds and Iranians.

I am assuming these are Christians to begin with, they didn't convert. But I get what you are saying, there are a lot of Arabs who did convert to Christianity. Especially in countries like Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco. A big revolution has been happening there for decades now.

But overall, we need more. The population of the entire Arab speaking people is close to 365 million! Compared to just 77 million for Persians and some 30 millions Kurds in the region.

My other point is, culturally speaking at least, it is easier to become a Christian if you are a Persian than if you are an Arab.

ASHOOR

Domanic said:
It's because the religion of Islam is Arab.

Arab Traditions.
Arab culture.
Arab Prophet.

What's also funny is that Muhammad hated the Turks they are verses where Muhammad describes Turks worst then me, and yet many Turks are Muslims? If I showed every Turks the verses from the Quran where it says Muhammad hated turks i'm pretty sure half of Turkey would leave Islam.

Muhammad hated Turks? Turks didn't even exist in Arabia at the time unless there was a recent discovery...

Domanic said:
Hadith 179:4

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight the Turks; people with small eyes, red faces, and flat noses. Their faces will look like shields coated with leather. The Hour will not be established till you fight with people whose shoes are made of hair.".
Were Turks mostly Mongoloids back then?  :confused:

Because most Turkish people nowadays look Caucasian - ranging from Mediterranean to Slavic. Very few have an "Asiatic" appearance.

Lol...I can see why the Muhammad attacked their looks. Nothing is more unattractive than a man with slanted eyes, red face and a flat nose. The women can pull off that look though.  :icon_smile:

Domanic said:
:giggle: I think they originate from modern day Turkmenistan and Kazakhstan.

Caucasian is probably because lots of them are Turkishfied Greeks and Armenians.
Yes. Turks are a mixed bunch of people. Unlike their neighbours, they aren't homogeneous.

Oh, don't forget Turkishfied Kurds, Persians and maybe even some Arabs. Lots of Turks have Kurdish and Persian ancestry.

What you will find is that Kurds have a lot of atheists! They are secular people with the few minority that are extremists. You will find the nationalistic Kurds are against the extremists of their own.

Bronit Omta said:
What you will find is that Kurds have a lot of atheists! They are secular people with the few minority that are extremists. You will find the nationalistic Kurds are against the extremists of their own.
Is there source on this, though?

Domanic's link is now dead.

If Kurds are leaving Islam, this is very good for us and them! Though, I really doubt the Kurds are leaving Islam fast; people seem to be leaving Islam much faster in former soviet nations. European Muslim peoples also seem to be the most secularised and have higher percentages of atheists. It even seems as though Iranians leave Islam faster as Neon was pointing out. Even among Arabs, there appears to be a surprising number of them becoming atheists/agnostics but I sense that most are too embarrassed to "come out of the atheist closet".

I also would presume the vast majority of these Kurds that are leaving Islam come from Western countries and maybe to a much lower extent from Turkey. The problem is that most Middle Eastern countries are not suitable environments to encourage critical thinking nor to encourage people to veer away from the "sheep-mentality". We notice that once any of these Islamic peoples are assimilated into Western society, critical thinking emerges among some of them and Islam slowly dies among even fewer of them.

Without a doubt, almost all Kurds are Muslims unfortunately..this is especially true of Kurdistan. Let's hope the situation there changes ASAP!

Sharukinu said:
If Kurds are leaving Islam, this is very good for us and them! Though, I really doubt the Kurds are leaving Islam fast; people seem to be leaving Islam much faster in former soviet nations. European Muslim peoples also seem to be the most secularised and have higher percentages of atheists. It even seems as though Iranians leave Islam faster as Neon was pointing out. Even among Arabs, there appears to be a surprising number of them becoming atheists/agnostics but I sense that most are too embarrassed to "come out of the atheist closet".

I also would presume the vast majority of these Kurds that are leaving Islam come from Western countries and maybe to a much lower extent from Turkey. The problem is that most Middle Eastern countries are not suitable environments to encourage critical thinking nor to encourage people to veer away from the "sheep-mentality". We notice that once any of these Islamic peoples are assimilated into Western society, critical thinking emerges among some of them and Islam slowly dies among even fewer of them.

Without a doubt, almost all Kurds are Muslims unfortunately..this is especially true of Kurdistan. Let's hope the situation there changes ASAP!

ERBIL, Kurdistan ? Attendance at Quranic schools, religious centers and mosques has declined in the Kurdistan Region, according to an official at the ministry of religious affairs.

?Less learners have these days been seen visiting the Quran learning centers,? Mariwan Naqshbandi, spokesperson of the Ministry of Endowments and Religious Affairs at the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG), told Rudaw

He said that attendance at centers where students learn the Quran has declined by about 70 percent, and that the number of people visiting mosques and other religious centers has dropped by some 20 percent.

More on: http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/130420164

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region ? ?We Muslims have a lot of problems with our religion, for a lot of reasons,? the words of Sanger Najim, a young man living in Erbil, echo the sentiments of a growing population in the Kurdistan Region who struggle with questions about their faith.

Many Muslims are confronted by the violent extremism of the Islamic State (ISIS) and wonder how to reconcile their personal beliefs with the actions of the extremist group.

The Kurdish population is approximately 94% nominally Muslim. Recently, however, there have been many reports of Kurds leaving Islam or converting to other religions.

The Zoroastrian movement claims to have as many as 100,000 followers in Iraqi Kurdistan. Christian organizations assert that thousands in the region have been seeking out Christianity as they reject ISIS? interpretation of Islam. There are also reports of growing numbers of atheists and agnostics.

These claims could not be confirmed by the Kurdish Ministry of Endowments and Religious Affairs. Mariwan Naqshbandi, the ministry spokesman said that they do not publish figures of people who convert from one religion to another.

More on: http://rudaw.net/english/kurdistan/07022016

This however does not mean that Kurds are leaving Islam, they are just not actively seeking information about it. I am not expecting a massive decline of any kind, but a gradual decline, such as can be see with Christianity in Europe.

Thanks
Alan

Sharukinu said:
That will take a very long time to happen, especially for those in Kurdistan.

Neon said:
That will take a very long time to happen, especially for those in Kurdistan.

Not only will it take too long, what if it reverses and they grow even more religious like what happened to entire middle east in the 70s?

mrzurnaci said:
Not only will it take too long, what if it reverses and they grow even more religious like what happened to entire middle east in the 70s?
That's only if they have a independent country.

Tbh, I won't be surprised if they actually do pull an Iranian Revolution.

Neon said:

I doubt that but I can't tell the future so it's still a possibility.

Neon said:

True, but the majority of Kurds are Sunnis not Shia.

Iranian revolution was to spread Shia influence by having the Ayatollah (A shia equivalent of a Sunni Emir) as the leader of the country.

I doubt it tbh, after what Kurds have witnessed it will be equivalent to Turkey which is a secular government but some Islamic influence (eg. call to prayer in public Mosques, muslim schools, choice of wearing hijab ect.)

Assyrian Nationalist said:
True, but the majority of Kurds are Sunnis not Shia.

Iranian revolution was to spread Shia influence by having the Ayatollah (A shia equivalent of a Sunni Emir) as the leader of the country.

I doubt it tbh, after what Kurds have witnessed it will be equivalent to Turkey which is a secular government but some Islamic influence (eg. call to prayer in public Mosques, muslim schools, choice of wearing hijab ect.)
Even if they become atheist or secular they'd still be very Islamic in culture and apologetic to their former belief.

I have ran across a lot of "atheist" Kurds and Turks, especially those in the west, who blatantly make up excuses for Islamic terrorism ("it's not just Islam, Christians do it too", blah blah...). They too have that extreme "liberal" mindset. Like the progressives, they treat Islam like it's an endangered species that needs protecting. I mean, really, they should just stick with being Muslim. That's at least a more excusable position for excusing radical Islam.  :blink:

Interestingly, I noticed that Arab atheists are more hostile towards Islam. They say it how it is. But then again, Arabs are less stubborn than Turks and Kurds. That's why there are so many Christian Arabs (not just Muslims). Heck, there are probably Hindu Arabs too. Kurds and Turks are stained way too much with Islam, that it will never completely subside from them even if they ditch it.

P.S. I generally like Turks. I enjoy their shows. I'm just not being biased here.

Neon said:
Even if they become atheist or secular they'd still be very Islamic in culture and apologetic to their former belief.

I have ran across a lot of "atheist" Kurds and Turks, especially those in the west, who blatantly make up excuses for Islamic terrorism ("it's not just Islam, Christians do it too", blah blah...). They too have that extreme "liberal" mindset. Like the progressives, they treat Islam like it's an endangered species that needs protecting. I mean, really, they should just stick with being Muslim. That's at least a more excusable position for excusing radical Islam.  :blink:

Interestingly, I noticed that Arab atheists are more hostile towards Islam. They say it how it is. But then again, Arabs are less stubborn than Turks and Kurds. That's why there are so many Christian Arabs (not just Muslims). Heck, there are probably Hindu Arabs too. Kurds and Turks are stained way too much with Islam, that it will never completely subside from them even if they ditch it.

P.S. I generally like Turks. I enjoy their shows. I'm just not being biased here.

Very true many Kurds and Turks are like that especially the ones who claim to be Atheist and secular.

Btw, my mind has not changed about Turkey and the Turks. I'd rather be in PKK or ASALA then be friends with a Turk.

Very true many Kurds and Turks are like that especially the ones who claim to be Atheist and secular.

Btw, my mind has not changed about Turkey and the Turks. I'd rather be in PKK or ASALA then be friends with a Turk.
I think you're too irrational about them. They may have a lousy government, but as people they differ. There exists so many moderates, westernized Turks, especially those in Istanbul who drink, have sex before marriage, wear revealing outfits, you name it. Yes, they deny our genocide (their gov) and they have brutally murdered us 100 years ago (didn't the English and Spaniards do this too?). And they have modern extremists (such as those who broke in a Radiohead concert, beating up the fans). But you can't hold these actions against every Turk? What about the loonies in America (the single most craziest Western nation)?

You have a fear of the unknown. You haven't met any Turks, so you'd judge them on the savages that we hear of. I used to have this notion too.

Btw, how would you rank Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Turkey, Afghanistan, UAE, from best to worst?

Idk about the 'kurdish christians' part, but funding to Christian refugees in Turkey can get you beaten up, and people call me Anti-Christian.

https://www.facebook.com/thenewrevolution2015/videos/537968976407091/

They are savages, they are a disgusting group I hope for a civil war against them.
I see crazy Muslims doing atrocities in the name of their religion. You know very well that it's because of Islam they're doing this. There are also vile Lebanese, Syrians, Persian and Iraqis who do this kind of Islamist crap in the streets. You can link them too. What makes Turks so special?

FYI, they would have arrested this man if he were in UAE, Iran and Afghanistan (give him lashes, even execute him, for promoting Christianity). But in Turkey, the arresting would've happened to these Islamist thugs. At the end of the day, Turkey is a democracy and, as such, the man was free to do this.

Turkey is far from perfect, but it just isn't equally as bad as other Islamic countries (hence your irrationality). Statistics even agree with me (i.e. Istanbul being one of the most visited cities in the world). Obviously, Turkey is still leagues better than Saudi and Pakistan. Otherwise Mecca, Tehran and Kabul would be the most visited cities (for non-Muslims). But obviously not, since they're virtually authoritarian and unsafe for non-Muslims.

Back