Fashion @ Convention

shamoosey

ok, so since this is my first convention was wondering if anyone can give any advice on how dressy or un-dressy the parties are and also how many parties are there?  Need some idea so I know what to pack, thanking you ladies (or gents) in advance :mrgreen:

jonadona said:
Dress to impress at night...  And bikinis in the afternoon at the pool.

It is Chicago, not San Diego, there won't be much of that! lol jk...

ASHOOR

There are parties every night from Friday-Sunday, with the formality increasing each night.  So I'd go for something dressy, but maybe a little funky for Friday, a nice party dress for Saturday, and something more elegant for the Sunday one.  Picnic is of course casual, as are the lectures that ALL of you should attend  :whip:

I think it depends on the style you wish to show.

Friday: Jeans/shorts and a top with heels

Saturday - a top and skirt?

Sunday last party - A dress.

Picnic - casual.

I'll probably bring tons of clothes and decide minutes before the party.

TreasurE_GirL said:
So, WHY ON EARTH don't we have that 'convention' here in Aussie land???

We tried to organize one last year...remember? twas around September/ October...& it was cancelled!

shamoosey said:
thats only for your eyes Ashuriena, why would you want to share  :lol:

perv.gif
True, true! I'm selfish...no one else gets to see!! Hahahahaha!

baklawa said:
There are parties every night from Friday-Sunday, with the formality increasing each night.  So I'd go for something dressy, but maybe a little funky for Friday, a nice party dress for Saturday, and something more elegant for the Sunday one.  Picnic is of course casual, as are the lectures that ALL of you should attend  :whip:

What she said  :wavetowel:

My 2 cents:

You basically dress according to how you would attend a party.  Nothing really formal like wedding, because you want to look good and be comfortable.  Its summer so I'm assuming the ladies can get by with simple dresses or tops/skirts and the guys can run around in jeans or slacks to impress with a collared shirt or other wise.  Unless you're from canada, then expect something with a little more flair loool ;)

Friday, less formal for parties.... not a big turnout usually as people are just checking in and hanging out at lobbies meeting friends/relatives lol

Saturday and Sunday are the bigger parties, with Sunday being the biggest because its the last night of convention and everyone is in emergency hook-up mode.

Picnic is casual of course.

Reason no convention in Aussie land?  Well its in America b/c of the Assyrian American National Federation (AANF) , the group who runs it.  I'm sure if you had a similar body in Australia you can organize one as well.

rumrum said:
Reason no convention in Aussie land?  Well its in America b/c of the Assyrian American National Federation (AANF) , the group who runs it.  I'm sure if you had a similar body in Australia you can organize one as well.

There was one organised, but the hotel had a minimum requirement of people that had to be booked in by a deadline, and ofcourse they failed to reach it.

rumrum said:

We do; the Assyrian Australian National Federation. They organise the Assyrian New Year where about 10,000 people attend each year. I don?t know if they are considering organising a convention though.

Concerned Assyrian said:
We do; the Assyrian Australian National Federation. They organise the Assyrian New Year where about 10,000 people attend each year. I don?t know if they are considering organising a convention though.

That's weird how they can organize a New Years party but not a Convention, its just another party! lol

Assyrian_SweetHeart said:
I soooooooo need to go shopping.  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

ME TOO!!! I have no time from now till then-so annoying!  And I lost my cards over the weekend so I have to wait for the new cards boooo!

shamoosey said:
ME TOO!!! I have no time from now till then-so annoying!  And I lost my cards over the weekend so I have to wait for the new cards boooo!

You already have hot clothes! You dont need anymore.. You need to give them to me.. Oh and Lindas clothes too! :p

Back