• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Don't like Peanut Butter? You should, it is good for heart!

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
Peanut Butter Diet
Eating peanut butter is good for your heart.

According to a study conducted at Pennsylvania State University in State College, PA, diets high in peanuts and rich in monosaturated fat were just as successful at lowering total cholesterol and bad LDL cholesterol as a diet that is very low fat. The big difference was that a diet that was low fat also raised the triglycerides(the heart threatening aspect)by 11% while the peanut butter lowered triglycerides by 13%. The American heart Association agrees with the findings that peanut butter lowers heart disease by 21% while a low fat diet only reduces the risk by 12%.

Read the rest

ASHOOR

GreenTea

AssyrianBookTa said:
anyone try almond butter?? my mom has been stocking up the house with that not bad but not great
I did and I am a almond butter freak.... I think anybody who do not like it are insane. I love the flavor!

I feel too hungry now

AssyrianDrummer

I'm always eating peanut butter in a sandwich. When you have it everyday lunch time for 5 days a week going to school, it becomes a necessity.

GreenTea

AssyrianDrummer said:
I'm always eating peanut butter in a sandwich. When you have it everyday lunch time for 5 days a week going to school, it becomes a necessity.

Awwww, your so cute. :blush2:

AssyrianDrummer

You get into habits from childhood like simple stuff like that!

I'd give anything to be back in school. Life was so much easier deciding who to go to hang out with at break time! The real world is a cruel place!  :giggle:

JujU

Did you know that peanut butter contains rat hair?  Apparently, FDA knows this dirty fact and still approves the production of peanut butter because the amount of rat hair is not harmful to human consumption. Yummaaay!  :yucky:

AssyrianDrummer

JujU said:
Did you know that peanut butter contains rat hair?  Apparently, FDA knows this dirty fact and still approves the production of peanut butter because the amount of rat hair is not harmful to human consumption. Yummaaay!  :yucky:
oh man that's bad if it is true!

My Grandma told me about Jam and peanut butter that she always had in Iraq, so i tried it. AMAZING

mari

AssyrianDrummer said:
My Grandma told me about Jam and peanut butter that she always had in Iraq, so i tried it. AMAZING
peanut butter and jam is the best! had it on toast for breakfast this morning yum