• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Does anyone have a good recipe for the Candied Halwa?

atourya

I've been trying recipies (with pisteh) but I can't get the Halva to set and harden properly... am I not paying close enough attention to the cooking temperature?

Valantina

My mum used to make it so good!

I will ask her for recipe when i call her.

ps. Can you please post the way you made it.
Thanks.

Valantina

Yulla post how you make it.

I haven't forgotten about this, its just that I have been away for a while but i will ask her soon, I promise.

sidory

:ranting:
atourya said:
I've been trying recipies (with pisteh) but I can't get the Halva to set and harden properly... am I not paying close enough attention to the cooking temperature?javascript:void(0);
cuz you re talking about wrong halva ,you want the kind that persians make it ,not assyrians got it just have beneta pick some for you from persian market.and your will be fine okkkk :ranting:

atourya

sidory said:
:ranting:cuz you re talking about wrong halva ,you want the kind that persians make it ,not assyrians got it just have beneta pick some for you from persian market.and your will be fine okkkk :ranting:
yes, beneta, you are the best my love! Please pick me up some halva! hahaha