Did the convention censor AVN?

ASHOOR

Administrator
Staff member
LOL, ever since the convention started, I am yet to see a single post from anyone at the convention. Not just that, but I sent emails, PMs, sms to some who were at the gathering to see how it was, and didn't hear back. Are all communication at the convention cut off or what?  :giggle:

Anyway, I guess people were busy and didn't have time to go online and will wait to hear from them tomorrow :)

I need to know how the gathering went, with pictures plz

ASHOOR

I just got home! i had no internet access on the weekend.
It was awesome.. 25+ people at the AVN gathering.. I will post pictures tomorrow..

'10 convention.... ARIZONA!!!

Offffffffff finally, the record has been broken haha.

Welcome back Anita, go relax and hope to hear all the details and pictures from you later.

ASHOOR

The gathering was great dude you missed out and i am sending you pics and video as we speak lol

I can't upload them for some reason

Oh that is awesome man, thanks a lot. Send them to assyrianvoice@rogers.com and I will take care of putting it online.

Or you can always do it yourself here:  http://www.assyrianvoice.net/pictures/upload.php

I can post the video too or you can upload it to Youtube.

ASHOOR

It is OK bro, I know you guys are tired from the drive. Will just wait.

Thank you,

ASHOOR

Yea i am a bit confused about Arizona too.

I emailed them 2 days ago and got back to me with San Fran

I myself did not attend the actual AVN gathering, but I was at the convention center on Saturday & Sunday for the parties. I was initially not planning on going, but ended up tagging along with my dad & a few cousins from Canada. It turned out great..had me a blast! Met a whole bunch of avners for the very first time including Jacob, his cousin, Alvina, Maria, Anita (atourina?s sis), Waleeta?s brother & Dalida. 

Oh yeah, today's conluding picnic was fun as well. The temperature was perhaps a little high in the beginning, but it gradually cooled down into the evening.

Well, they had a survey for where to have the next convention. Either Las Vegas, San Fran, Phoenix, or Turlock/Modesto. I was told at the party, they said it will be in Phoenix.As for 100%, no. assyrians can change their minds in a matter of seconds. lol

oh,
heres a preview ....

9027_276549775003_533335003_8542314_5277353_n.jpg

Assyrian_SweetHeart said:
Well, they had a survey for where to have the next convention. Either Las Vegas, San Fran, Phoenix, or Turlock/Modesto. I was told at the party, they said it will be in Phoenix.As for 100%, no. assyrians can change their minds in a matter of seconds. lol

oh,
heres a preview ....

9027_276549775003_533335003_8542314_5277353_n.jpg

WOW awesomeeeeee, that is a lot of people! Can't wait to see all pictures, and please don't host them on facebook where they will shrink them and make the faces unrecognizable. You can send them to me and I will post them without losing any quality or just post them here yourself: www.assyrianvoice.net/pictures

ASHOOR

So as this being my frist Convention omgggg it was great i meet a lot of avners lol like Nuray said i met her she came up to me and Jacob it was awesome  :mrgreen: i met Peter who else man i met some really great people it was the best ever. To many people man it was great and Shami from London loveeeee her she's so cute. Over all i had fun and i also enjoyed the meetings they had it was great, and christin came out with her new collection for Assyrian Heritage i was with her during the day helping out everyone who didnt make it to convention should get on her new web site by the end of this week and buy ur selfs a tee she has great things this time and i bought a lot.

it was great seeing and meeting everyone  :bigarmhug: :)

we were at the convention only on friday but it was lots of fun meeting everyone at the avn gathering everyone were so nice and sweet  :mrgreen:

the party at night was goood, kinda empty and the hotel was full with assyrians  :giggle:

gathering was great we had more people then what they could accommodate but they did a great job, especially since they split the bill to per person.
It was a huge gathering at that and very very fun!! it kinda made things easier i think for the other nights if you ran into those people and their friends/family.

i only went to Saturdays party,  i had an amazing time with my friends i just wish it was more people. it's always fun when you're with the right crowd. Our table pretty much consisted of all AVNers. new friends, old friends.

without bashing any singers event or organizations because i feel like they are not at fault and did a great job!!!
I found it completely fked up and rude when 3-4 Spanish songs were played at convention. i understand more people enjoyed it then didn't. but i just found it tacky to allow Spanish, yet not Arabic or other music to be played. We only have 2 events that bring us together and thats Kha'B Nissan and Assyrian Convention, i just felt like it was unnecessary.

AssyrianBookTa said:
I found it completely fked up and rude when 3-4 Spanish songs were played at convention. i understand more people enjoyed it then didn't. but i just found it tacky to allow Spanish, yet not Arabic or other music to be played. We only have 2 events that bring us together and thats Kha'B Nissan and Assyrian Convention, i just felt like it was unnecessary.

which was why you really wanted me to pull the plug on the stage that night. lol

AssyrianBookTa said:
gathering was great we had more people then what they could accommodate but they did a great job, especially since they split the bill to per person.
It was a huge gathering at that and very very fun!! it kinda made things easier i think for the other nights if you ran into those people and their friends/family.

i only went to Saturdays party,  i had an amazing time with my friends i just wish it was more people. it's always fun when you're with the right crowd. Our table pretty much consisted of all AVNers. new friends, old friends.

without bashing any singers event or organizations because i feel like they are not at fault and did a great job!!!

LOL qa chepakh they had an arabic singer at Sundays party and i and the rest of the people went crazyyyyyyy the good thing is Ramsen didnt sing any arabic and then they brought this guy on stage omg he was singing spanish omggggggggg loveddd his voice who was he i dont know but he looked hot and he was great.

I love Arabic music I don't mind Spanish but as I said if you read my post. I don't agree with it for convention or khab Nissan. I know people dance to it and to each their own.

AssyrianBookTa said:
I love Arabic music I don't mind Spanish but as I said if you read my post. I don't agree with it for convention or khab Nissan. I know people dance to it and to each their own.

no io know i read it. but i dont know ppl didnt seem to mind it everyone was dancing plus it was something different. as long as ramsen didnt sing arabic we were safe. i dont think ppl were going to pull the plug on a chick singing plus she was hot :)

lol@pulling the plug on singing Arabic. I think that happened once! haha. So that is it was eh, because the singer was singing Arabic? kinda deserved! jk. But no seriously, there should be no more than a few Arabic songs. So what if people enjoy it? I hate this argument. People enjoy a  lot of things, doesn't mean you will let them do anythiong just because they enjoy it.

ASHOOR

Back