• Our popular and beloved forums are finally back, after being down since April 2018 due to hosting and server issues. We have now switched to a better platform, while maintenaing all data as it was before (contents and user names) . Thank you for your patience and loyalty. If you have any questions, need to report an error, or are having trouble logging in, please email us at: assyrianvoice@rogers.com

Curious: Can you remember anything from...

atourya

Here's what I'm wondering....

Can anyone remember something from their childhood from before when you learned how to speak?

Everything I can remember from my childhood is from the time that I learned how to speak - forward.

Is language how we give something substance to record it in our memory? Or is it a matter of fact that our ability to communicate and retain information are developed in close succession?

atourina

:giggle:  hell no.. i can barely remember what i did last week  :blink:

worst memory... mind u, its my fault for killing so many brain cells, but it was all worth it  :clap:

atourya

atourina said:
:giggle:  hell no.. i can barely remember what i did last week  :blink:

worst memory... mind u, its my fault for killing so many brain cells, but it was all worth it  :clap:
Haha!  :smoke:

Renee

Interesting question...

I can't say that I do. My first memory was at age 2 but if you don't remember that could also be a sign of early childhood trauma/abuse. The first 6 years of my life are hazy  :ROFLMAO:

Anitaaaaaaaaaa

Hmmm I so cant remember anything, but i all i remmeber is i use 2 bee stuck with mum everwhere she goes, never left here  alone :ROFLMAO:

atourya

Renee said:
Interesting question...

I can't say that I do. My first memory was at age 2 but if you don't remember that could also be a sign of early childhood trauma/abuse. The first 6 years of my life are hazy  :ROFLMAO:
Thanks!!

hahaha I don't THINK I had any trauma! Although, I must say that getting potty trained was probably on the traumatic side haha.

But see, I'm starting to realize that we don't have any memory from a time before we learned how to speak! Technically, we could have witnessed someone pass away in front of our eyes... and if it wasn't a big commotion we probably wouldn't remember it, nor would we be scared of it.

Are the two connected or mutually exclusive? Where is a neurologist when you need one! :hmmm:

Sweets

atourya said:
Thanks!!

hahaha I don't THINK I had any trauma! Although, I must say that getting potty trained was probably on the traumatic side haha.
But see, I'm starting to realize that we don't have any memory from a time before we learned how to speak! Technically, we could have witnessed someone pass away in front of our eyes... and if it wasn't a big commotion we probably wouldn't remember it, nor would we be scared of it.

Are the two connected or mutually exclusive? Where is a neurologist when you need one! :hmmm:
lol thats cute

good point, i really dont know though...

I can honestly say that I dont remember anything before the age of 6...and mostly its things that happened in school...like my first day in school, etc...

Lovemoon

I do remember a lot of things happend when I was couple months old, for example I remember one time i was in the airplane with my mom and the airplane had no door lol, I always thought that was a dream or something and i told my mother about it, she told me that was not a dream, it did happen in real life and she was wondering how can i remember all these details because at that time i was only couple months old  :blink:

atourya

Lovemoon said:
  I do remember a lot of things happend when I was couple months old, for example I remember one time i was in the airplane with my mom and the airplane had no door lol, I always thought that was a dream or something and i told my mother about it, she told me that was not a dream, it did happen in real life and she was wondering how can i remember all these details because at that time i was only couple months old  :blink:
Really?! How interesting! So they are mutually exclusive! that makes sense because some people are mutes for a few years, but they can still remember too. Maybe some people just progress faster than others.

Ashuriena

The earliest memory I have...I have no idea how old I was, but I was still in a playpen and I don't think I was able to speak. I was in my playpen one day and my brother climbed in. He took all my stuffed animals and put them on top of each other like stairs and he climbed out and helped get me out of the playpen.

My other memory was from when I was at an Ashur Sargis party that my dad helped run when he was the vice president of the shotapoota in LA. I was wearing a pink and white dress and my dad was on the right side of the stage. (There are stairs on both sides of the stage)...and my dad was at the bottom of the stairs and he lifted me up to the top of the stage. I was barely walking towards Ashur Sargis with money in my hands to throw at him, but since I was so short...whenever I threw it...it would like fall towards his knees and on the floor. I got frustrated and I kept picking it up and trying to throw it at him, but I couldn't throw that high up...so after like 2 or 3 times, Ashur noticed and picked me up while he was singing. And I finally was able to throw them at his head and I remember I put some money on his hair and I was like bopping my hand up and down on the money on his head so it would stick there...LMAO!

Valantina

I remember some of the things in my childhood before i could say my first words or my first steps.

I dont remember the exact age, but i remember once my mother placed me in my baby crib and went to clean the second floor of our house back in iraq.  I remember climbing out of my crib.. then climbed the stairs too (if i remember correctly they were about 15 steps or so lol) to follow her.
When she saw me crawling around next to her, she freaked out lol.
As some of you know how big concrete stairs we used to have in Iraq lol.

Lovemoon

atourya said:
Really?! How interesting! So they are mutually exclusive! that makes sense because some people are mutes for a few years, but they can still remember too. Maybe some people just progress faster than others.
I remember things in my childhood more than the things when I was a teenager, I don't know why, I also remember when I first came to this life but my vision wasn't clear the only things I remember hearing a lot of noises and it was annoying lol but I still don't know if that's just a dream or was real.